Author Topic: The Spider-Man Movie Series  (Read 121484 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: The Spider-Man Movie Series
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 03:21 PM »
Venom and Carnage kinda tag teamed on webhead

Unless I missed some issues, I believe Venom and Carnage hated each other from the start.  I do recall Venom and Spidey teaming to take down Carnage, though.

As for Eric Forman - easy, Mysterio.  Perfect fit IMO.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005, 03:28 PM »
Upon Carnage's initial birth, he wasn't HATED by Venom was he? It wasn't till Carnage started being a smartass and all that that he went all...piss and moan and hated Carnage...?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 06:59 PM »
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2005, 07:41 PM »
Sa-weet.
*Spoiler Tawlk*

Eric Forma- errrr...Venom, Sandman, and Hobbie look very good as the new villians. My theory on how Venom gets the symobite(sp) suit thing is this: MJ's ex-astro boyfriend finds the suit floating in space and brings it back to earth for no reason whatsoever.  :P Lame theory, I know, but thats what I predict those hollywood bigwigs will think of.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2005, 07:54 PM »
Sa-weet.
*Spoiler Tawlk*

Eric Forma- errrr...Venom, Sandman, and Hobbie look very good as the new villians. My theory on how Venom gets the symobite(sp) suit thing is this: MJ's ex-astro boyfriend finds the suit floating in space and brings it back to earth for no reason whatsoever.  :P Lame theory, I know, but thats what I predict those hollywood bigwigs will think of.

I agree, but I forsee Peter having the suit beforehand. Then Brock will get it...If you read the comics I can go deeper into detail...don't know how spoiler ridden you want to get.

Kevin

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2005, 10:25 PM »
I'd guess they'll mess with the Brock character and the origin of the symbiote as well.  I can see it coming from space, but the Brock character as played by Topher Grace being true to the comic origin?  Can't see it happening. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2005, 10:59 PM »
I'd guess they'll mess with the Brock character and the origin of the symbiote as well.  I can see it coming from space, but the Brock character as played by Topher Grace being true to the comic origin?  Can't see it happening. 

Simple PLEASE NOT THIS IS MY TAKE:

Brock is already established as existing doing work for the Bugle in Spider-Man 1. Now we get a face to the name, after Spider-Man is out in a new black suit, and he's not sure how he gets it. Doc Connors explains it's a symbiote, rah rah rah, Peter got it after coming into contact on a field trip or working with J.J.'s son or somthing. Peter also inadvertantly costs Brock his job by getting better shots of Spidey. Peter gets taken over slowly by the symbiote, goes to kill Sandman, bells ring at the church, suit falls off, Brock who was inside ready to kill himself because parker/spidey cost him his job gets it, and then hell breaks loose. Then with the added threat of The Hobgoblin, it gets so much better.

Kevin

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2005, 12:12 AM »
Well, the suicide twist is interesting.  My difficulty with Grace as Brock is the size difference.  In both the more recent TV cartoon (Now on video!) and in the original books, Brock was sizable, something Grace clearly is not.  So a twist is somehow necessary.  Not sure if I'm looking forward to the presumed abundant CGI necessary to pull off Venom as such.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2005, 01:13 AM »
Grace has been working like mad to bulk up for the role of Eddie. Hoepfully they'll give him some lifts and so forth, and the symbiote will really bulk him up.

Think of all the Venom toys to clog the pegs at Wal*Mart! :-* :o :D ;D

Kevin

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2005, 08:55 AM »
Just read the new Spidey Villain News this morning, and its nice to get some sort of confirmation on this.  I'm guessing Dunst wasn't supposed to let that slip, as I had read they were planning some sort of big "reveal" later this year/early next for the villains.  These were both rumored for awhile.  I'm guessing, no matter how much they can bulk Topher up, they must be going with a more "Ultimate Spidey"-ish type of Venom in this story, where he wasn't the huge, hulking Eddie Brock.  Venom's origin seems like it could take a whole movie in itself to set up, so I'm wondering if Brock won't actually get "the costume" until towards the end of 3, setting up movie 4...maybe the "cliffhanger" for this one.  Who knows though.  I'm kind of jazzed that Sandman will likely be a villain as well.  Sometimes he's a little lesser known, but he was one of my favorites as a kid.  2007 is a ways off yet, but I'm already looking forward to another Spidey film.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2005, 11:31 AM »
Well looks like my guess a while back about Sandman worked out.  Always one of my favorite (and more memorable) Spidey villains.  I think Haden will make a good match even though I am not a huge fan of his.  As for Venom, mehh. No sure how they are going to pull off unless like said, some type of twist is involved.   Im just more loyal to the older villains.  Hobgoblin is really my only new favorite villain of last 20 years.  Hopefully we get the Lizard in the next one. 

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2005, 06:28 PM »
John Myers is not returning in Hellboy 2.

Probably not a bad thing.  He was kinda thrown in anyway.

Hulk 2... I wish it would happen and I wish Ang Lee would direct again. The first one is the best Marvel film to date. Much better than the crappy, overrated Spider-Man movies.

Agreed.  I, for one, loved The Hulk.  And though the Spidey movies were good eye candy, their stories were very weak.  I can barely tolerate Spidey 1, and 2 is just marginally better.  Too many unnecessary and idiotic departures from the comic on which they were based.

PS:  Venom blows chunks.  And they'll need to decimate yet another origin story to force him down our throats.   :P
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2005, 11:50 PM »
PS:  Venom blows chunks.

I heard that! >:(

Kevin

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 6, 2005, 10:54 AM »
This one was out of nowhere, but we get our first look at (one of?) the Spider-Man 3 villains, courtesy of the Official Site.  Looks good to me!