Author Topic: The Spider-Man Movie Series  (Read 122429 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: The Spider-Man Movie Series
« Reply #345 on: July 2, 2010, 12:19 PM »
Are they making this new Spidey restart part of the "in universe"?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 2, 2010, 01:14 PM »
The named Spiderman after a cat! Da ****!

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 2, 2010, 02:08 PM »

No way is all of that hair fitting inside that tight stocking cap mask.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 2, 2010, 02:28 PM »
No way is all of that hair fitting inside that tight stocking cap mask.

Yes.  Because nobody has ever cut their hair for a movie role, this guy is out leaving Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson as the only follicly acceptable Spider-Man options.   :P

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 3, 2010, 05:01 PM »
Although 26 seems a little old to be playing high school (if that is indeed still the plan), I'm willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt for now.  He does have a Peter Parkery look to him, as long as they can tone down the hair a bit (which I'm sure they will).  I'm just glad something is happening on the Spidey movie front, and hopefully it will be good.

I really wish that Marvel was able to have the whole universe tie together though, as they are currently doing with the Avengers stuff (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Cap).  It likely won't happen ever, or at least for a long time with rights at Sony and Fox, but it would sure be nice if Marvel (and now Disney) had control over Spidey, the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, etc. and could include more cameos or even just expand the shared universe in general.  Especially since the majority of them are based out of the same city in the comics.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 2, 2010, 11:30 PM »
Meh....not as bad of casting as Dunst.  I liked her in Zombieland, but she was a VERY different character from MJ.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 3, 2010, 12:54 PM »
I could dig Emma Stone, but Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Venom? :-\

Any word on Iron Man 2 DVD exclusives? Planning on picking up the 2 disc next week, but I'm sure each store will have extra "goodies."

I don't know about other stores, but Target has this exclusive "metal case" Hall of Armor set.  I was thinking about getting it, until I found out this morning that it will be priced at $36.99.  Eeek.

Also I ended up passing on Iron Man 2 for now... there is no excuse for the DVD to be $5 more than the Blu-Ray, which is what's happening at all of my stores.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2010, 12:56 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 5, 2010, 02:00 PM »
'Spider-Man': Emma Stone to be offered role as Mary Jane Watson

Of the people we've seen/heard rumored for this part recently, I was sort of hoping someone like Emma Stone would get it as well.  She seems to be a decent actress, and has a somewhat "MJ" look (more so than Dunst).  I also liked the one time rumor of Mary Elizabeth Winstead (who was recently in Scott Pilgrim), but I think that fell off the radar awhile ago.  Just glad to see more news picking up on the Spidey reboot.

With the Zack Snyder/Superman news, I suppose that is good.  Honestly, as much as I've wanted to see Watchmen (and the rest of 300) it has just been difficult with a little one in the house to set aside 3 plus hours to watch a movie like that.  They do seem to be pretty well received (at least by the target audience if nothing else), and Snyder at least seems to "know his comic books".  Hopefully we'll get a nice Superman movie full of him actually punching someone :).  From what I understand, this is a total restart as well - but I guess we'll get more details in the coming months.  I saw this morning that Zod is rumored as the villain, so we'll see.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 5, 2010, 07:57 PM »
Ok, not so fast:

Emma Stone to Play Gwen Stacy in Spider-Man Reboot

I guess it has been Officially Announced by Sony as well.

I know that Stone is naturally a blonde, but it seems funny how Sony almost goes out of their way to cast opposite for the female roles - a blonde haired Kirsten Dunst for MJ, a red-haired Bryce Dallas Howard for Gwen Stacy, and now Stone (known as a redhead) for Gwen.  At least it looks like we'll have a more significant role/build up of Gwen Stacy from the beginning this time around.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 11, 2010, 02:17 PM »
Rhys Ifans to Play Spider-Man Villain

Now, I have no idea who this guy is (although he will be playing Xenophilius Lovegood in the upcoming Harry Potter) and they don't say what villain it is, but it is official news - joining the cast alongside Andrew Garfield (Peter Parker/Spidey) and Emma Stone (Gwen Stacy) so far.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 07:51 PM by Brian »

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 12, 2010, 12:07 AM »
He's a pretty cool actor but I dont know if he's the type of guy for the villain, oh well if anything this reboot should be interesting
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 12, 2010, 01:13 AM »
I think the only films I've seen him in are The Replacements and Little Nicky.  This quote from that aticle is interesting:  "Rhys' incredible ability to embody both warmth and rage makes him the ideal choice for this character."

Let me guess, Green Goblin reboot to go along with everything else?  Lizard also has some rage issues, though. 

I still wanted to see Dylan Baker get a spin as Lizard, though, especially after they set him up in two of the films.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 5, 2010, 10:56 AM »
Sounds like Sally Field and Martin Sheen have been cast as Aunt May and Uncle Ben in the new Spidey movie.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2010, 11:01 AM by Brian »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 5, 2010, 11:50 AM »
That makes me feel old.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours