Author Topic: Hot Toys Chubby Figures  (Read 19275 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Toys Chubby Figures
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2007, 08:43 AM »
I'll probably get strung up for this comment, but I actually like these more than Kubricks.  :-X

I'll reserve judgement on this until I get the Jumbo Vader and others, but after starting to collect Kubricks, I don't think that I could like any SW toy more...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2007, 08:32 AM »
Just picked up the Jumbo Vader on the bay for $38 shipped.  Can't wait to get this guy.

Got my Jumbo Vader in the mail yesterday.  This is frickin' sweet!  I was fully planning on displaying him out of the box when I bought it, but now I'm having second thoughts...  The number on the box is 24/1000 and the box is really nice looking.  Anyone have any advice they could lend?
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2007, 05:22 PM »
Send it to me and I'll display it for you.   ;)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2007, 02:11 AM »
Trust me, it's even better out of the box.  You can take off his helmet and see his face, the detailing is pretty frickin' sweet.  And if I remember right, you don't have to damage the box to open it, just a couple pieces of tape to undo.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2007, 03:51 PM »
I busted him out of the package this morning and now have him prominently displayed on a shelf at work.  He fits in quite nicely with my other SW items (bust-ups, galactic heroes, BK toys, etc).  This thing is awesome!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Sweet!  Gotta have these.  I wonder if the Jumbo Vader was successful enough to do another Jumbo.

Yep, looks like Jango is Jumbo #2.

And, when I asked about the Jumbo Chubbies at Toy Fair, GG indicated that they were "trying" to secure the Series 2 Jumbo for US release (they didn't say who it was when I asked), but the deal wasn't final yet (as of Toy Fair).  Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 08:31 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender