Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 101598 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Luke's ESB Saber from Master Replica
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2003, 05:05 PM »
Well, it finally arrived and it is another nice piece.  I was lucky enough to get a number that actually matched my Obi-Wan saber so I thought that was pretty cool.  I also didn't seem to have the smudge problem that others had on the signature plate.   That's the positive side, the negative side is that one of the saber "igniter" buttons was broken.  I emailed MR with photo's of the piece and am hoping that they can just mail me a new piece to screw in as my husband doesn't think any "normal" glue will hold due to the spring inside.

All in all, it's a cool saber and is in the medium weight range of all the ones they have made.  I wish the holders inside the display stand were a little higher so that the plaque didn't cover up part of the saber, but it's not too bad and I was expecting that (as I had the same problem with my signature Dooku plaque).

As for the signature edition itself, I am undecided if I will continue to pay an extra $100.00 for an autograph plaque that might tarnish (or come loaded with fingerprints) and a display case that doesn't really accomidate the larger plaque.  

You need to scroll down to the bottom to see the saber in the black case it came in and a photo of the plaque.  (aand as always..load times vary :P)

http://jadesfire.home.icq.com/lightsabers.html
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 05:07 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Luke's ESB Saber from Master Replica
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2003, 05:10 PM »
You have a great collection of props and replicas.  That Luke ESB lightsaber is sweet, but I've always liked his ROTJ saber better.  The only replica item I currently own is that Anakin FX saber, which is very cool but not as cool as the true replica sabers that's out there.
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2003, 05:31 PM »
WOW!  Thats a very nice collection. Thanks for sharing.  8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2003, 07:52 PM »
Heck yeah!  I'll obviously reiterate what Chris and Dale already pointed out - very nice collection Beth!  Oh how I'd love to jump into the MR line, but I'm with Chris in that I only have the Anakin FX saber so far.  The regular hilts are just too much for me to cover right now with all the TONS of other SW stuff I collect.  Hopefully I can delve into this line later on in the future though.  It's some really beautiful stuff!  I'm sure a Stormtrooper blaster has got to be on tap as we speak, as well as Qui-Gonn's lightsaber too!   8)

Beth, how long approximately are those saber hilts?  I'm just curious how they compare to the Anakin FX version that I have.  I know that mine is not as authentic, as it's a little bigger to accomodate the electronics, but I was curious just what the difference really was.  The Anakin FX saber hilt is just a shade over 12 inches...

Thanks for any insight, and keep up the great collection there Beth!

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2003, 10:51 PM »

how long approximately are those saber hilts?  I'm just curious how they compare to the Anakin FX version that I have.  I know that mine is not as authentic, as it's a little bigger to accomodate the electronics, but I was curious just what the difference really was.  The Anakin FX saber hilt is just a shade over 12 inches...

They are all around 11" long with the exception of Dooku's saber (which is just under 13").  Thanks everyone for the kind words, my props are the pride of my collection.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 10:52 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2003, 11:10 PM »
I'm sure a Stormtrooper blaster has got to be on tap as we speak...

That is definitely one item I would HAVE to purchase!  Hopefully MR is in the process of designing one as we speak.
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Installment Plan at Master Replicas
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2003, 09:47 PM »
Just received this email from Master Replicas about their new installment plan.  I have added this email as a PDF attachment.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2003, 09:48 PM by dustrho »
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Installment Plan at Master Replicas
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2003, 09:54 PM »
Definately good news, and will come in very handy when they release the Death Star prop! :)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2003, 11:00 PM »
Cool!!!  Now I won't have to sell my bodily fluids to afford one!!! ;D :D ;)
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2003, 08:13 AM »
Wow, how odd this came up when it was just being discussed yesterday over in the props forum at RS!!??
That's a great option and will probably help MR sell more directly to consumers since other sites that offer the sabers for a cheaper price don't have payment plans.  

So, on the limited number of Dooku sabers....any guesses on which company has a bunch left over and wants to dump them back in MR's lap??
Beth

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2003, 09:39 AM »
I was wondering where they were going to get them as well
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 1, 2003, 09:12 PM »
In these tough ecomomic times, I can't imagine these flying off the shelves for these prices???  I'm sure stores are sitting on them.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 2, 2003, 01:28 AM »
Cool!!!  Now I won't have to sell my bodily fluids to afford one!!! ;D :D ;)

Be happy you can, I have to give mine for free ;)

Hmm, installment plan eh?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mr.MojoRisin

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Execute Order 66
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2003, 10:43 PM »
I just wish they would do it on the older sabers too.
Execute Order 66: www.execute-order66.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Mace Windu Saber on eBay
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2003, 09:04 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2181203355   :o

Anyone here bidding on this?  It's being run by Master Replicas, and this is the only one of its kind in the world.  This looks sweet, but the price tag is WAY out of my league!
dustrho