Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 102697 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Thread
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2005, 01:18 PM »
You'd also have some issues with it getting to Canada.  I'm not even sure if you can legally bring it over the border.  I know people up here own them and have them in their collection, but I think they have had to bring them back undeclared and they've avoided a search.  There's not much on those blasters to indicate they aren't real weapons. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2005, 01:26 PM »
You'd also have some issues with it getting to Canada. I'm not even sure if you can legally bring it over the border.

Yeah, pretty much the reason I don't have these.  (Well, that and the whole $$$ issue  ::))  I'd never dream of trying to sneak one of those blaster replicas across the border - the amount of **** you'd get in from customs would be unreal.

I think you have to buy them from a retailer that has managed to get permission to sell them in Canada.  I know that Legends carries some blasters.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 16, 2005, 11:49 AM »
At the MR party they announced they got the Marvel license.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 16, 2005, 12:00 PM »
So I can get an authentic web blaster now? 

:P

Thanks for the news Jay.  It will be interesting to see what they put out (Iron Man gauntlet, Cap's shield, Thor's hammer?) but I probably won't buy much.  Good score for them though.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 16, 2005, 06:46 PM »
Thanks for the update on the first page JD staff.  Some interesting tidbits up there:

Two more 1:1 scale clone helmets will be on tap as well.
:-\   Please, please tell me this includes the SWS.com helmet due out some time this month?  I'm short only one helmet if my EE order comes through.  I can probably tolerate two more, but three might stretch it. 

I'm happy to see the confirmation of the Maul FX.  I love the way they're doing it and hopefully the screw-together mechanism is how I envision it.  It's been bugging me for months now - I can see the setup they need in my mind but I just can't recall where I actually saw that mechanism.  It's so solid it would be perfect.  I like what they've done with the price point on it, perfectly fair too. 

Not so sure I'll be picking up the other FX sabers, I only really planned on one of each color and I'm mostly done.  Though my choice may now change for the blue saber with the announcement of the ROTS Obi saber - that's an ideal situation.  I was planning on getting the Anakin saber to fill out my colors with blue, but I prefer Obi's hilt and always felt the Anakin hilt to be too similar to the Vader FX (for obvious reasons, duh).  I was also hoping for a bit of time separation to build up some funds again (it's been an awful three months) so this helps that solution, gives me a blue saber with a preferred and unique hilt.  Thanks MR :)

Web forums for Master Replicas fans represents 1% of their customers. That 1% generates 90% of their feedback on the line. MR frequents many of the boards.
Sad to not see anyone over here, but aside from the FX stuff there doesn't seem much interest at JD.  I know Beth and Adam do lots of props but they address that over at RS mostly.  Sadly I find myself tuning in there again after all this time, but I only hit the Props forum and just read rather than participate.  RS is RS regardless of the specific forum. 

FX sabers with removable blades are “so close you can taste it.” They are in the prototype stage.
I'm not sure if this makes me happy or nervous?  Are we talking a higher end piece than a regular FX and at what pricepoint?  It would be awfully cool to have a high end hilt that can have a blade attached and light up, sort of the ultimate saber.  But I have no desire to replace my FX sabers that I currently have (in hand or not). 

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 16, 2005, 08:32 PM »
In regards to the news about the possible hilt you can attach the blade to....I'm really curious as to this price point and the effect on "regular" props.  If Parksabers could get it done, I knew that MR had the ability to make them but chose to do exact replicas instead.  Then, when the f/x hit and sales went through the roof, they reviewed the possibility of making sabers with removable blades.  For me, this means less actual replica's down the road.  They would most likely re-make all the sabers they've released and since I already have Luke's ROTJ saber in two forms, one with a detachable saber doesn't interest me.  I was hoping that if they did anything, they would finish the LOTR line they started.  I'm only in it for Star Wars so none of the other lines interest me but it's cool for those that collect props from various movies.

All in all, I have mixed reactiions to their new products and was really hoping for news on sabers of the Jedi council or at least a commitment date for Qui-Gons!!
Beth

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 17, 2005, 07:25 PM »
Did anyone get confirmation on the price point for the Anakin Outfit that was shown at Comic Con?  Also, was there any other mention of outfits, armor, etc?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #187 on: July 17, 2005, 11:15 PM »
I'm looking forward to the Obi-Wan FX saber.  I also think the two-part Maul FX saber is a cool idea as well.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2005, 12:49 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2005, 05:08 PM »
It turns out SWS.com may have a helmet exclusive really shortly  Sad to say, but I might have spent too much money on a special ops helmet :-[ so the chance to get a helmet at regular retail price is really quite appealing. 

Hey Brent,

That exclusive Helmet is up for pre-order:

Exclusive Studio Scale Star Corps Trooper Helmet Replica

Now you can join Commander Bly's troops for $400 plus shipping!   ;)

It's Hyperspace exclusive through the weekend, then it's open to everyone on Monday (if there are any left).

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2005, 05:17 PM »
Thanks Jeff.  But you know what?  I'm not sure.  I think I'll wait and see if it's still there next week.  I don't feel like dropping another $500 CAD at the moment and I'd have to pay Beth right away if she ordered it for me.  It's also not substantially different enough from the 501st helmet in my opinion.  If I didn't have the 501st, I'd be all over it, especially at a smaller edition size. 

Oddly I just received an update from EE stating that I have an outstanding order and it's for the shock trooper helmet, so it looks like I probably got my order in on time for that one.  At least I hope so. 

I'm not expecting it to last long, ebayers and dealers will be all over it. 

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #190 on: July 29, 2005, 07:38 PM »
That's awesome.

Although out of the four, I think I'd most want the Shocktrooper.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 29, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Good thing you didn't ask me to get it for you Brent as I tried a few days ago to read the hyperspace comic strip (I do that daily) and for some reason, I couldn't get in.  I checked my magazine and my subscription is good until Nov/Dec of '06.  So, I email them and am STILL waiting for a frickin' response.  Nice...real nice.  Had I wanted that 12" Vader or Luke or this helmet I would have been ****-out-of-luck.
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 29, 2005, 09:40 PM »
I'm going on karma here.   If it's there Monday, I'm meant to get it.  If not, no big. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2005, 09:37 PM »

It's Hyperspace exclusive through the weekend, then it's open to everyone on Monday (if there are any left).

Helmet is sold out.  Like to personally thank all the RS members for buying two so they can sell one on ebay.  *******.

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 31, 2005, 10:41 PM »

Helmet is sold out.  Like to personally thank all the RS members for buying two so they can sell one on ebay.  *******.

That's kinda harsh isn't it?  I am an RS member and I only bought 1 and that 1 is for my personal collection.  Not trying to be rude or anything, but you shouldn't assume that all RS members are just out to make a profit on Ebay.