Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 101582 times)

Offline Rogue Jedi TJ

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Thread
« Reply #360 on: February 18, 2006, 04:56 PM »
Hello,
 Anyone here have one available or know where I can buy a MR Obi Wan Kenobi AOTC Lightsaber LE Presentation box/

Also for trade or sale I have a mR Anakin Skywalker AOTC Presentation box...asking $20.....

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #361 on: February 22, 2006, 03:39 AM »
Besides, I have to spend money on a 62 inch LCD TV and an engagement ring pretty soon. :D

The TV better come first. I want to see some Stargate and Galactica on a bigscreen...

Kidding of course. :-*
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #362 on: February 22, 2006, 05:47 PM »
The tv will come in August or September...my gift to myself for making Captain.

The ring will come much sooner.  :o
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 22, 2006, 10:44 PM »
Don't do it! :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 26, 2006, 01:24 AM »
Too late...sort of.  :P
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 27, 2006, 01:03 PM »
Here's an update from MR about the DV Helmets - it looks like they be delayed for a while:

Dear Master Replicas Customer:

Three weeks ago today, we informed you of the decision to place the shipment of all Darth Vader Episode III Helmet editions , including Limited, Signature and Dual Signature, on hold while we inspected the product and determined the best solution to prevent damages during shipment.

We would like to share with you our findings and our plan moving forward.

Our expectation was to have adequate inventory of quality helmets for replacements after our inspection. As part of the inspection process, we also added a number of additional quality assurance measures to ensure that you, our customer, would be satisfied with this product for many years to come and be proud to display it as the centerpiece of your collection

Unfortunately, we found two issues in performing the inspection. First, more than the expected number was damaged in the shipping process. Second, most of the helmets have the potential for future damage due to the design of the magnetic stabilizing system.

We feel that with the combination of these issues, the helmets fall below the standard of quality that Masters Replicas requires and our consumers deserve. We have made the decision to return the entire production back to the manufacturer and make the necessary improvements. Unfortunately, this will further delay the availability of the Darth Vader Helmets. We have explored various alternatives that may have allowed us to return the product to market faster, but we have chosen this more conservative course of action as it will ensure the highest level of quality and customer satisfaction.

As of today, three shipments are in transit from the US back to the manufacturer. Once the shipments arrive, we will jointly develop a timeline with our manufacturer. We will share information with you through regular �Darth Vader Update Emails�.

We are offering a replacement program that is completely voluntary. If you are not satisfied with your helmet for any reason, Master Replicas will be delighted to provide you with a replacement or a full refund. Should you choose to replace your helmet please contact us by March 10th to ensure that we have enough replacement inventory.

If you did not purchase your helmet from Master Replicas or an Authorized Retailer, we will still REPLACE your damaged helmet. We apologize that we are not able to refund your money.

If you would like a replacement for your helmet regardless of where you purchased your helmet from:

1. Please email darthvader@masterreplicas.com no later than Friday, March 10, 2006 to request a Replacement Authorization number. We will also provide you with complete instructions and a pre-paid return shipping label to return your helmet. Please note that we will require all of the original packaging with all of the original packing materials.

If you would like to return your helmet for a refund:
1. If you purchased your helmet directly from Master Replicas please email darthvader@masterreplicas.com no later than March 10, 2006 to request a Refund Authorization number. We will provide you with complete instructions and a pre-paid return shipping label to return your helmet. Please note that we will require all of the original packaging with all of the original packing materials. Upon receipt of your helmet, we will credit your account for the total amount charged, including shipping. This will take approximately 7-10 business days after receipt of the defective helmet.

2. If you purchased your Darth Vader Helmet from one of our Authorized Retailers, please contact them directly.

If you originally wanted a replacement and now would prefer a refund due to the anticipated delay, please contact us at darthvader@masterreplicas.com

Once again we apologize for this inconvenience. Master Replicas will do everything in our power to remedy the situation to your satisfaction. We will be updating you on the status of the resolution no later than March 23, 2006.

Thank You.

The Master Replicas Team

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 27, 2006, 05:25 PM »
Kind of a bummer that everyone has to wait a lot longer for the helmets.

On the other hand, at least MR is showing some awesome customer service skills.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 28, 2006, 11:16 AM »
Does anyone have any info on how the upcoming release of the Obi TPM LE will differ from the EE.
If i have this right, the EE is made of 'superior' materials but wasn't the actual prop lost?
So when they come to the LE will any of the materials differ from the lost prop?
How will anyone know?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 28, 2006, 02:55 PM »
The way it works, the EE is made of "superior" quality materials, like brushed aluminum, crystals in the hilt etc.

The LE versions are made from "higher" quality materials, the metal will be chromed, no little crystals but still a very nice piece.

The CE editions are not made as high a quality as the LE or EE, but are better for costuming etc.  They also do not come with an acrylic case as the other two editions but do have a nice display stand, and as where the others have a limited production run, the CE's will be unlimited.

Hope this helps.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 4, 2006, 02:22 AM »
.45 best buy Sidious exclusive came in the mail yesterday. pretty damn nice for 15 bucks, but the box was a little damaged. if anyone will part w/ theirs let me know. ;)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 8, 2006, 07:17 AM »
I was wondering if anyone had been receiving final edition size plaques.  I received one for my elite edition Luke Jedi saber, but haven't seen any others.  I emailed MR and they said they would be coming out automatically.  Anyone been receiving any that I may have missed?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 8, 2006, 01:27 PM »
Are they making them for all the LE's now that final editions have been announced?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 8, 2006, 04:38 PM »
I was wondering if anyone had been receiving final edition size plaques.  I received one for my elite edition Luke Jedi saber, but haven't seen any others.  I emailed MR and they said they would be coming out automatically.  Anyone been receiving any that I may have missed?

No I haven't received mine yet.
Apparently they are shipping in February/March.  This obviously means more on the March side of things  ::)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 9, 2006, 07:22 AM »
Are they making them for all the LE's now that final editions have been announced?

They are supposed to be.  I think one of the last emails from MR mentioned an email address to send an email to so that you would receive the plaque.  I thought that was strange since previous emails had stated you only needed to do that if you purchased from someone besides MR directly.  I emailed MR and they said that they would send them out automatically if you ordered them from MR, but did not give a date.  I just remember some addition sizes being annouced a while ago and I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 22, 2006, 09:03 AM »
I just received a free Vader Ep. III mini saber because of all the craziness with the Vader helmet.  I never complained about my helmet since it actually arrived in good shape.  At first, I though MR had screwed up my order with Ep. V vader mini, but they had a letter attached explaining the free mini.  Too bad I already had one, but maybe I can find someone who needs one.