Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 101603 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2005, 09:51 PM »
All I know is that this damn winter is killing my money tree and by the looks of things I am gonna need a full bloom this year!! ;)

I'll pass on the F/X's in the beginning and get my mini's from JD again but will probably buy Anakin's Obi's saber straight from MR, along with Han's blaster.  It's a bummer about no working trigger like the ANH version but I'll take it anyways.  I'm hoping for a better release this time (no more March madness please) and really hope they don't throw in an EE when putting multiple items up at once. 

I am doubtful about picking up the vehicles or the helmets but I think they'll do extremely well. 

All in all, looking forward to another awesome prop year and trying to figure out where the hell I am going to put all this stuff :-\
Beth

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2005, 04:48 AM »
I agree. What a great year for prop replica collectors. The "LE's" are on my want list along with the Vader and Clonetrooper Helmets. RE the Luke ANH EE, I believe it's going to be a 1Q or 2Q release; so, luckily everything is spaced out well. I bet some of the 3Q and 4Q releases probably won't come out until 1Q '06 anyway.

Good idea on the dedicated MR prop thread. Hey, how about a dedicated thread for the GG Statue line? :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 04:51 AM by Mini-Rock »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2005, 08:26 PM »
Alrighty, you guys (and gal) really have an official MR thread now!   :P

I just merged up all the old ones (sorry Beth, since you'd started most of 'em) and consolidated them altogether here.  Even kept Adam at the helm, leading the charge! (had to leave out the very first Maul saber report to do so ;))

So carry on with all the MR discussion of the full scale blasters, lightsabers, news, etc.

But we'll keep rolling with the mini saber and FX saber thread separately, since a whole different group of people collect those here.  Cool?   :)

You want to keep the vehicles in here too, or discuss them separately, since they're kind of different than the rest of the blasters and lightsabers...?  I haven't merged the MR AT-AT thread in here yet, pending some of your thoughts, so LMK!   :-*

Just wish I had the balls to delve into these, but with everything else I collect, these would just put me (way) too far over the top of my collecting budget.  Beautiful stuff though.  Jealous of you uber-prop collectors, I am! 

- M
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 08:27 PM by JediMAC »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2005, 05:34 PM »
And when I first saw the length of this thread I figured I missed out on a major news release  :-\.

Waiting patiently for next week to see how much the three sabers are going to cost from MR versus JD or someplace else.  Since I am already a member for 2005, I'll be able to get the exclusives and will probably pick up Han's blaster from Master Replica directly so I am initiated into their club again for 2006.

Beth

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2005, 09:23 PM »
The retail for the sabers will be $370. Hopefully wholesale prices will be available soon!
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 4, 2005, 08:23 PM »
Well, I got through at 8:30am on Thursday morning and ordered Obi-wan's and Anakin's sabers and Han's ESB blaster.  I was going to use JD on Anakin's but I figured what the hell...and just ordered it from MR.  I am waiting to see about the case for the mini's so I'm holding off on that and will pick up the f/x's from JD for sure and maybe Leia's blaster since it took a nice drop in price.  Anyone think the blaster will go lower than $280.00?? 

I really did like the way both ROTS sabers turned out.  Very sleek designs and just enough differences for me to want both (though I probably would have gotten them anyways).  I really am looking forward to Sidious's saber the most, especially after seeing the sneak peek earlier.  I hope they have it at Toy Fair the end of the month. 
Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2005, 05:21 PM »
Bumping this up so you can see the nice picture that Darth _Hideous took at toy fair of Sidious's saber.  He posted this over in the RS "prop" forum and I want to make sure he gets the proper credit for it.  I hope it's ok to post the picture directly instead of supplying a link.  It really gives you a good idea of the size in front of the mini display:

Again:  This picture is the property of Darth_Hideous from the prop forum at Rebelscum.
Beth

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2005, 02:20 AM »
Looking forward to that saber the most.  8)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 1, 2005, 10:48 AM »
Well, if you're a member of the MR Collector's Society, you can order the Emperor Palpatine lightsaber (full scale LE as well as a mini) at 12:01 AM tomorrow morning! They go up for sale to the general public on April 4th.

Also up for sale are not one, not two, but THREE clone trooper helmets! A standard variety, Special Ops helmet (retailer exclusive) and a Shock Trooper helmet (masterreplicas.com exclusive). The standard is your typical white ROTS Clone helm, the Special Ops is the blue striped version you see following Anakin, in the trailer, and the Shock Trooper is emblazened in a red deco, but I wont post spoilers about them.

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 2, 2005, 06:29 PM »
 8)
Yup, got my order in at MR for the Shocktrooper (Red) helmet; and, went through a secondary dealer for the Sideous saber, Clonetrooper (White) and Spec. Ops Trooper (Blue) helmets.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 2, 2005, 08:17 PM »
Same here. Really looking forward to the helms.

Target.com has the Vader helm for presale...

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 2, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Heh heh, I noticed that. They are also including a $90 discount when you place your order, but I'll be getting mine much much cheaper anyway from my dealer.

Also, word is that the ESB Stormie blaster isn't coming this year afterall. I kinda wonder if something else will be released in its place?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 4, 2005, 02:15 PM »
If one were to only pick one saber from ROTS, which one would it be?

I have the ANH Vader one and would like to pick up another unique saber.

The Anakin saber is similar in style to the Vader one, so that's out.

I like the Obi Wan saber but the Sidious saber is sooo unique.

Any suggestions?

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 4, 2005, 02:27 PM »
With out a doubt the Sideous saber. If I were to pick one, that would be it. :)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 5, 2005, 06:11 PM »
Gotta agree with mini on this one, if I could have only one (oh how would I cope?), Id go with the Sidious saber. Its definitely the most elegant looking saber, a throw back to a finer age in the republic.