Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 101599 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2005, 07:31 PM »
Today I got Anakin's lightsaber and took a couple shots of it alone and then compared to Luke's ESB one.  This one was numbered #211.  It's another fine job by MR and I am really looking forward to the rest of them for 2005.

Sabers -Page 3
Beth

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2005, 07:49 PM »
Nice pics Beth, and thanks for posting the numbers. I asked because I was curious what the highest number received has been so far. Also, does the ROTS Anakin saber have the same finish as the Luke ESB? :)

Luis

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2005, 08:48 PM »
Anakin's saber is very shiny and doesn't have the "dull" finish Luke's ESB one does....if that is any help.  ???  Sorry...
Beth

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2005, 09:35 PM »
Last I heard, they were going to retail for $899. I'm sure you'd be able to find it for less though.

BDW, I'm also looking forward to the newer style cases. I've managed to get enough of the new style plaque holders to go with them too.

If I may ask, how'd you get your plaque holders? I have a handful as well, but need more.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2005, 10:18 PM »
Beth: Yes, that is the answer I was looking for. Thank you. :)

BDW: I got all of mine from secondary dealers. Not sure how or why they had extras, but it worked out so that I have enough for the sabers I'll be putting in the new cases. :)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2005, 11:16 AM »
Coolness; I'm on the lookout for more if you're able to snag some.

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2005, 02:17 PM »
I'll check with my guys and gal and see if they have any more.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2005, 01:31 PM »
Got my Obi Wan saber! :) Wow, it's such a fantastic piece! I finally got around to getting my collection back out and on display, and I have hardly any space left :( I really need to just redo my entire room to make room for everything out there.

Obi's saber is top notch though, can't wait to get Anakins and the rest of 'em.

Mini, any word on those plaque stands?

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2005, 04:06 PM »
So far, I have one extra. Still waiting to hear from another seller. I'll let you know as soon as I do, but for now, I have just one for you.

And hey, don't tease us; put some pics up of your collection when you get a chance. ;) :D

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2005, 07:20 PM »
Mini,

It looks like I'll need 4 more plaque stands, thanks for helping me get these, much appreciated. I'd definitely take more though, I might make custom plaques for my Mogwai.

Well, as of Friday night, my Limited Edition collection will be complete! :) My Thermal Detonator AFBB is in the mail, and Im meeting a fellow collector at the MR CS party Friday to pick up the Battle Damaged Maul saber! :) WOHOO! Im so excited! I'm not collecting FX stuff, minis, or Signature Editions, so I'll be all "caught up". Ill take photos once everything arrives.

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2005, 08:14 PM »
That's cool BDW. Personally, I have been thinking about selling my BD Maul and AFB TD. I'm starting to run out of room in my HT, and I figure that all I really need is one prop or collectible from each character from each episode. I also sold my AFBB Obi-Wan since I felt his EPIII saber is the definitive AFBB rather than an artist interpretation. I am shopping for Han's ANH Blaster also since that is the only one I am really missing. :)

Regarding the plaque holders, I'll find out by Friday if I can get more; and, I'll be sure to let you know. :)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2005, 09:49 PM »
I don't own any of the MR "full size" sabers, since they are a little out of my price range. I've got all the mini ones, though. But I'm contemplating getting into the game with the full size MR's, since my girlfriend is all set to move into my apartment with me, starting in June, and that's gonna free up about $800 a month from my bank account  :D

Is it too late to expect to grab everything that's available out there already at a reasonable rate? I don't think I would go after the signature series, since they are even more expensive than the regular versions.

And is there a checklist online somewhere of everything that's been released thus far?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2005, 10:11 PM »
The only full size saber I have is the basic Vader version and I picked it up below MSR price.  I've seen numerous of the sabers go for less than suggested retail.  As always though, some go considerably higher :-\

How's that for vague?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2005, 04:03 PM »
Good luck on getting the "cool" sabers!

Yeah some of the subpar sabers are going for close to MSRP but take a look at the following:

*Windu
*AOTC Kenobi
*Yoda AOTC
*Luke ROTJ
*Obi Wan Weathered

You're pretty much screwed if you want to fill in holes unless you're "loaded."

....just my two cents - not worth **** these days.   :-X

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2005, 06:31 PM »
Regarding the plaque holders, I'll find out by Friday if I can get more; and, I'll be sure to let you know. :)

I picked up a Code 3 mini ESB poster for you this weekend, it's half the size of the other posters. If you're interested, I'd be happy to trade it for some plaque stands. PM me if you're still wanting the poster, we can work out something.