Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 102332 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Thread
« Reply #195 on: July 31, 2005, 11:04 PM »
Sorry, when I go into the Props forum and see more than one person in there admitting that this is exactly what they did I don't consider it harsh. 

I'm a member at RS too, have been since around 2001, I just don't bother posting there any more.  And if I recall some pretty intense discussions surrounding Gentle Giant busts, this sort of activity is not acceptable to management there either.

There's no malice directed towards anyone that simply ordered a single one.  I have every option to be a hyperspace member but choose not to be.  Had a bunch of people not decided to ebay/scalp/double up on these, then I would have been able, as a non-hyperspace member, to order one shortly. 

I'll live without it, no doubt about that and frankly they probably saved me a good chunk of change.   That's a plus. 

Again, it's nothing personal against anyone that ordered a single helmet.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2005, 12:12 AM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #196 on: August 1, 2005, 12:56 AM »
I don't know why anyone would buy more than one of these unless it was to scalp it on ebay or something.  There may be some people that would get an extra for a friend who wasn't a Hyperspace member (Beth and other collectors come readily to mind), but they are in the minority I think.

All of the MR stuff I have purchased I only have one of with the exception of the ROTS .45 scale Obi-Wan saber, and that's only because my original order was back-ordered and I ended up seeing one at Best Buy and decided to grab it.

On another note, I just made a recent purchase.  I bought the LE Obi-Wan ROTS saber.  It's my first LE item I've purchased from them.  I hope they remake an AOTC or TPM Obi-Wan saber sometime.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 1, 2005, 01:35 AM »
Just to be perfectly clear, over in the RS thread dealing with the helmets, at least one person admitted to buying more than one for the purpose of reselling. 

I have precisely zero problem with people buying them for themselves and their collection (duh) or helping out other collectors who may not be HS members.  That's no issue at all. 

I am not tarring all RS members here, just commenting on some of them.  At the same time, to their credit their at least admitting what they're doing.  Still, in the absence of all these helmets that will make their way to ebay at inflated prices, it wouldn't be hard for actual collectors to get hold of them.  That's all.  Frustration.

And I should have been more explicit in my statement in that I meant to say all the RS members that bought more than one for the purposes of reselling.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2005, 01:42 AM by Morgbug »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 1, 2005, 01:54 AM »
Morbug,

I was agreeing with you in a round about way.  I don't see why people would want more than one in their collection.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 1, 2005, 03:53 PM »
Sorry to read you never got the chance at one Brent.  I STILL have not heard a peep about my password yet.  :-\
Beth

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #200 on: August 1, 2005, 10:50 PM »
They had a few of the helmets for non members today, I would check back frequently.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2005, 10:24 PM »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 13, 2005, 08:14 AM »
I always write it in.  I have been doing their Vader contest since April and the gold one up until the end of July.  They have been getting JD as option from me all along.

The Vader one ends in August and the two new ones (Wedge and the gold f/x) have a few months to go.
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 16, 2005, 05:13 PM »
Can you enter the contest as many times as you want, or is there a limit to just once?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 16, 2005, 05:20 PM »
I almost forgot...check out this auction.

Now I really want an LE Obi-Wan AOTC saber....but not this badly.

I also understand that this is an artist proof and will be more than the regular LE saber...but DAMN!  :o
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 17, 2005, 12:28 PM »
Can you enter the contest as many times as you want, or is there a limit to just once?

Once every 24 hours.  Their system knows if it has been 24 hours or not (and both your registrations are cancelled if you try to do it before your time is up...according to Amy).

I keep track on a calendar on my desk  ;).
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2005, 06:59 PM »
Sweet!  Thanks for the info.  Looks like I have some registering to do!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 20, 2005, 12:47 PM »
From MR:

Darth Vader Studio Scale Helmet

$899
Collectors Society On Sale: August 25, 2005 (9:00am Pacific Time)
General Public On Sale: August 30, 2005 (9:00am Pacific Time)
Expected to begin Shipping December/January
This classic Darth Vader Helmet needs to be part of every collection. Order today to reserve your Darth Vader Helmet!

Darth Vader Studio Scale Helmet Dual Signature Edition

$1499
Collectors Society On Sale: August 25, 2005 (9:00am Pacific Time)
General Public On Sale: August 30, 2005(9:00am Pacific Time)
www.masterreplicas.com exclusive
Expected to begin shipping December/January
Limited to only 500 pieces, this is sure to be a highly sought after collectible. The Dual Signature Edition celebrates the two men - Hayden Christensen and James Earl Jones - who brought Darth Vader to life in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. This Deluxe Signature Edition is guaranteed to sell out quickly, so place your order soon!
Only available at www.masterreplicas.com

Darth Vader Studio Scale Helmet Signature Edition

$1049
Available through Master Replicas Authorized Retailer Network beginning August 30, 2005
The Signature Edition features Hayden Christensen’s signature on the plaque. Limited to only 500 pieces, these unique Signature Edition pieces are only available through your favorite Authorized Retailer.

Yikes.  An extra $600 for Hayden's and JEJ's signatures.  I don't know how they can justify that.   :-\

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 20, 2005, 09:42 PM »
I'm still speechless on the price of the Mask much less the autograph versions!  With only the display stand, that means you have to shell out at least another $80.00-$100.00 for a display case!!  As much as I love it, I'm gonna have to pass.  I'll be grabbing Vader's saber though since I have to buy something  :-\.
Beth

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2005, 05:05 PM »
That's just insane, I'm sorry.  How can they honestly justify that price?  The signature editions are what get me.  So you're telling me Hayden's and JEJ's autos are worth $300 each?  I wanted this bad boy, but I'm passing on it now.