Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 102507 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Thread
« Reply #255 on: November 1, 2005, 05:18 PM »
Some pretty serious griping over at RS on that fact.  Kind of entertaining to read and poor Amy has spent considerable time online today :-X  I looked around, but nothing I really wanted.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 1, 2005, 05:21 PM »
I actually find it funny Brent.  Amy goes on to answer questions all the time and RS people are basically ripping the sale.  Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.  Damn Scummers!   :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 1, 2005, 05:23 PM »
Yup, it's definitely good for a chuckle.  Sure, I'd like to see a couple hundred off the Vader helmet too, but I didn't expect it to happen.  I think MR would have caused themselves infinitely more grief had they put everything on sale.  They'd have been processing cancelled orders for weeks.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 1, 2005, 08:06 PM »
Very surprised at how they hyped up the sale and it was seriously lacking.  I did pick up a mini ROTS Vader for $22 shipped. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #259 on: November 1, 2005, 08:20 PM »
I think you could've seen say a 10% cut in the FX sabers and possibly some of the LE items that have been on the site for quite a while.

I would've jumped at buying an FX saber from the site if they went on sale.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 1, 2005, 09:16 PM »
I think you could've seen say a 10% cut in the FX sabers and possibly some of the LE items that have been on the site for quite a while.

I would've jumped at buying an FX saber from the site if they went on sale.

I would have gone after the Mace had it been on sale since I still have my CS $30 off coupon. 

I was SO tempted to get the LE ROTS Anakin, but w/ Xbox 360 and Christmas approaching, I had to pass.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 4, 2005, 04:58 PM »
My ROTS Obi-Wan LE saber arrived today with it's nice low number of 3032!  ::)

I really like how this was done and wish I had started collecting these earlier.  I also like how the sabers now come with a black polishing cloth.  Great idea MR!

Now if I could just get a better acrylic case for the AOTC Obi-Wan LE saber I have.  :-\
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 4, 2005, 05:56 PM »
Well I recieved my free Obi Wan MR saber from the reviewstarwars.com give away and it was the scaled replica version.  Can't complain as it was free but can complain because I really wanted to use it as part of a costum for next year.  Oh well, beggars can't be choosers...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 4, 2005, 07:45 PM »
Those .45 replicas are really cool.  I have a bunch and they were the first Master Replicas I collected.

They do have the LE version of Obi-Wan's ROTS saber in stock, they are a bit pricey, but worth it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 4, 2005, 08:03 PM »
The more I look at it the more I like it.  I never thought I'd like something like this so I haven't bought any but this is small enough to not "get in the way" but VERY well made and "cooler" everytime I pick it up.   I'm starting the think about the Palpatine saber hilt now...Oh no!  I can't afford to be hooked on these things...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 4, 2005, 10:34 PM »
I didn't like them at first either, but Ryan picked me up one at CIII.  I then went on a hunt to get all the Obi-Wan sabers.  I then joined the Collector's Society and got the Darth Maul mini-saber.  I then went and got a few of the Sith Sabers (Darth Tyranus, damaged Maul)  I then ordered a couple of the acrylic cases and then had to get a couple of acrylic cases, which had me buying a couple of the Anakin sabers just so that the cases are full!  These little sabers are addicting!

I'm glad the saber is growing on you.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 19, 2005, 05:37 PM »
Here's news from the November Newsletter:

We had such an incredible response to announcing the Yoda Lightsaber LE edition size last month that we decided to announce the rest of the edition sizes for our 2005 Star Wars Limited Edition collectibles! So here you go!

Han Solo Ep V Blaster LE:
Darth Vader Ep III Lightsaber LE:  3000
Darth Sidious Ep III Lightsaber LE: 4000
Anakin Skywalker Ep III Lightsaber LE:  4500
Obi-Wan Kenobi Ep III Lightsaber LE:  4500

These Limited Edition collectibles are just that—LIMITED! They’re still available for ordering but we don’t have very many left. If you’ve been dragging your feet all year waiting to place your order, do so before they’re gone!

Just like the Yoda LE, we will be sending you a second plaque showing the total edition size. This second plaque can be displayed next to the numbered plaque you currently have. If you purchased this product directly from Master Replicas, your plaque will be mailed to you automatically. If you purchased from an Authorized Retailer, please send an email to the corresponding e-mail address for your plaque.

Han Solo Ep V Blaster LE: hanplaques@masterreplicas.com
Darth Vader Ep III Lightsaber LE : vaderplaques@masterreplicas.com
Darth Sidious Ep III Lightsaber LE: sidiousplaques@masterreplicas.com
Anakin Skywalker Ep III Lightsaber LE: anakinplaques@masterreplicas.com
Obi-Wan Kenobi Ep III Lightsaber LE: obiplaques@masterreplicas.com
Please be sure to include the date of purchase, place of purchase, full name, email address, phone number and shipping address. If you purchased multiple LEs, you will need to send an e-mail for each of the LEs that you purchased to the corresponding e-mail address above. (Please allow 8-10 weeks to receive your plaques as they are just now being produced).
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 19, 2005, 08:30 PM »
I guess my Luke EE plaque has been shipped.  To where, I have no idea.  MR told me to my address on record but that would mean here in Chilliville and I have gotten no envelope yet so I am thinking it went to Michigan and is going through the mundane process of forwarding to my Ohio address.  We'll see.  :-\
Beth

Offline Waffen

• Youngling
  • Smell the Aroma of a True Ding a Ling King
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 13, 2005, 06:40 PM »
I'm bumping this topic because I'm trying to convince myself to buy the Yoda ROTS 1:1 saber and want to hear from people who actually own it.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 13, 2005, 07:07 PM »
I don't own that particular Saber, but I do have quite a few other LE/SE sabers.  All of them look fantastic, and the cases they come with make them practically museum pieces.

I doubt you'd be disappointed with it.  Do you have a Yoda focus in your collecting habits?
This is the way.

I have spoken.