Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 101579 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Thread
« Reply #285 on: December 23, 2005, 04:35 PM »
Im stoked about the Obi Wan and Maul Force FX Sabers. Been waiting for those for awhile.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 24, 2005, 04:34 PM »
Nice!  More minis.  Glad I unloaded my weathered Obi-Wan too.  Looks like we are getting another one.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 26, 2005, 01:45 AM »
The Hyperspace/SWS.com exclusive Star Corps helmet has begun shipping - check out these pics:

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 26, 2005, 02:06 AM »

Master Replicas' Plans for 2006:

MR added this update to clarify the difference between Elite, Limited and Collector's Editions:

"Since yesterdays announcement, we've gotta a flood of email regarding the different editions we have planned for 2006, so here's a few facts about the Limited Edition (LE) vs. Collectors Edition (CE):

For 2006, Master Replicas currently has 7 categories of products:

Elite Editions (EE)
Limited Editions (LE)
Collectors Editions (CE)
Signature Editions (SE)
Studio Scale
Force FX (FX)
Scaled Replicas (minis)

We'd like to clarify the difference between the Elite Edition, Limited Edition, and Collectors Edition. Here's a quick summary:

Elite Edition (EE) - Available to Collector's Society members only and will be constructed from the most premium materials available.

Limited Edition (LE) - Available through www.masterreplicas.com and will have a numbered plaque with an edition size cap. It has the same construction as the current Limited Editions. Select International Distributor partners will be provided with a very small quantity of the Limited Editions to help reduce some of the international shipping costs.

Collectors Edition (CE) - In response to our customer requests for a less expensive/ "costuming"/more youth accessible prop replica. Available through our retail partners and will be unlimited. Collectors Edition replicas will uphold the high quality appearance but will use slightly different materials so that they can be priced lower.

There has been a lot of concern regarding the new Limited Edition/Collectors Edition strategy. Here are some key things to know regarding why we have a new Limited Edition/Collectors Edition strategy:

- When the Limited Edition version of an item sells out, then it will be gone for good. Through the Collectors Edition, new collectors will be able to still collect popular character's prop replicas for many years to come, long after the Limited Editions have sold out.

- Collector's with a Limited Edition will have a collectible that's part of a capped edition run. We hope to keep the edition runs for the 2006 products tighter than 2005 and hope that this will help maintain and improve the value of the Limited Edition replicas.

We hope that this will help clarify the new Limited Edition/Collectors Edition strategy for 2006, and provide our customers with the greatest amount of choice when purchasing their favorite prop replica."
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 02:06 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Waffen

• Youngling
  • Smell the Aroma of a True Ding a Ling King
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 28, 2005, 03:19 PM »
I've got another question for y'all:

Does anyone here own the Anakin ROTS 1:1 MR lightsaber?
I think its going to be my next purchase.. it seems to have a little better ebay price than the Luke Ep. IV saber and I actually like the design a little more.. seems to be a little more streamlined than the Luke saber (even though its supposed to be the same one.) guess I've just really gotten into the whole prequel thing ever since I saw ROTS.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 28, 2005, 08:26 PM »
I own it and if you follow the link below and click on the MR sabers at my photo page at webshots, you can see some different views of his ROTS saber.

Star Wars Sabers
Beth

Offline Waffen

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 28, 2005, 09:34 PM »
wow- nice collection.
now I'm really pumped up to get it  ;D
I was going to get Sidious' but for the same price I can get the Anakin.
Sidious will have to wait for my next paycheck :)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 28, 2005, 11:29 PM »
I think the CE is a great idea.  Wonder how they will look and what they'll cost.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 29, 2005, 08:05 PM »
I'm guessing the CE's will be pretty nice and be around $100.00.  I am assuming they will not be as heavy as the LE's but I bet you wouldn't be able to tell the difference until you got up close and hold it.  Master Replica puts out some great stuff.

I am curious as to what the Collector Society item will be for 2006.  I've read speculation that it will not be a Star Wars item but something from one of their new lines.  I guess it makes no difference to me as long as the coupons are still available and makes the membership pay for itself.  I will be picking up Qui-Gon's saber for sure as well as the Maul f/x and Fett's blasters.  I won't be getting any helmets, poker chips or studio scale vehicles.  I would like to pass on the mini's but will probably cave and get them.
As for the Vader ROTJ saber....well, hell...I know I might as well add it to my list so I have all three but I have Luke's ANH saber already so I can't see getting another one.  All in all, it will make the collectors challenge 2006 in the four digits again!!
Beth

Offline darthjoshy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 2, 2006, 12:23 PM »
Hello, Do we know any of the release dates for any of the things coming out this year. P.s.jadesfire very nice collection.

Offline darthjoshy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 2, 2006, 12:40 PM »
Also I am new to this site... How do I put a picture by my name.

Offline Waffen

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 2, 2006, 05:42 PM »
Also I am new to this site... How do I put a picture by my name.

top of screen, click button that says "profile". you can give yourself and avatar there.

Offline darthjoshy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 2, 2006, 07:41 PM »
Ok cool. Thanks

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 2, 2006, 09:00 PM »
Hello, Do we know any of the release dates for any of the things coming out this year. P.s.jadesfire very nice collection.

Thanks :) and no, the release dates for ordering the items for 2006 has not been announced yet.
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 2, 2006, 11:22 PM »
The Hyperspace/SWS.com exclusive Star Corps helmet has begun shipping - check out these pics:

Y'know, it's nice and all, but I'm kinda happy to not be getting it.  I would surely have bought it, were I a member of hyperspace, but now that I've had lots of time to consider it, I think I'll be pretty satisfied with the Shock and Special Ops versions.  The Shock trooper version I'm still holding my breath on since I've had it on pre-order at EE for so long.  I was one of the people that got in on the cancelled orders but there were only about four total left over, so knock on wood I'll get hold of one. 

I'll echo the sentiments I've seen elsewhere in that I'd prefer battle damaged versions.  The prototype pictures were awesome with the scuffing and scratching and if I can find someone locally, I might get them to customize them with some damage. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.