Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 101828 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Thread
« Reply #375 on: March 22, 2006, 01:49 PM »
but maybe I can find someone who needs one.

Is it free?   :D

« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 01:49 PM by ruiner »

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 23, 2006, 07:21 AM »

Is it free?   :D

Unfortunately no, since I have already paid for one.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 5, 2006, 12:28 PM »
I received an email from MR stating that they changed the material for Qui-Gon's CE saber:

Meanwhile, in other Star Wars news, Master Replicas would like to officially announce that a major  change has been made to the upcoming Qui-Gon Jinn Collectors Edition lightsaber. It was previously reported that the CE would feature a cast resin body; however, since that time, Master Replicas’ product development team has re-engineered the piece, and changed the resin to a   more handsome, durable die cast metal. To purchase a Qui-Gon Jinn Collectors Edition lightsaber, please visit any of Master Replicas’ Authorized Retailers.

Interesting....I had my doubts about the resin holding up and was surprised that MR retooled the materials to die cast metal. 
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #378 on: April 5, 2006, 01:03 PM »
That's good news.  Looks like the CE sabers will be made to a higher quality than originally thought.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 6, 2006, 06:51 PM »
Just got an email from MR stating next Tuesday, Boba Fett's blaster will be up for sale to CS members.  $579.00 for the LE version and $679.00 for the autographed one.  Since I already have Jeremy Bulloch's autograph, I will be passing on the SE version.

Here's part of the email:

For the first time ever, Master Replicas brings you a fully authorized and licensed replica of the legendary bounty hunter’s firearm from Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi.

Crafted with our customary quality and attention to detail, this exacting replica has been recreated from a surviving filming prop in the Lucasfilm archive and features:

Authentic weathered finish
Machined aluminum and brass parts
Diecast metal construction
Injection molded plastic components
Wooden handles
Museum quality display case with mirrored base and acrylic cover
Numbered plaque and Certificate of Authenticity

The did send along a nice photo and I am sure I will probably order it but I do like the sabers better.  They also didn't give any dimensions in the email but I assume the size of the stormtrooper blaster is an appropriate comparison.
Beth

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 7, 2006, 07:43 AM »
Man, ever since I changed my email, I never get the MR newsletters anymore no matter how many times I update my account.  I assume the Boba Fett rifle goes on sale at 9 AM PST?  I have an all day meeting that day, but we get a break for lunch around that time (12 PM EST) so hopefully I'll be able to run to the computer to get the preorder in.  I have all the blasters so far and I've been happy with each one.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 7, 2006, 01:29 PM »
I always dreamed of having the Jango Fett blaster set, so having the Boba Fett blaster would be even better.  But I've got my hands full (and wallet empty) with the Sideshow statues.  ;)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 7, 2006, 02:12 PM »
I assume the Boba Fett rifle goes on sale at 9 AM PST?  I have an all day meeting that day, but we get a break for lunch around that time (12 PM EST) so hopefully I'll be able to run to the computer to get the preorder in.  I have all the blasters so far and I've been happy with each one.

You assumed correctly.  Sorry about not posting that part.  FOr the non-member, you'll get the chance to order two days later.
Beth

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 10, 2006, 02:08 AM »
really want that Fett blaster and should be getting my first MR lightaber anyday now. i can hardly contain myself. 8)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 19, 2006, 06:04 PM »
Update on the edition size plaques...received the yoda one a few days ago, however, they sent me two copies of it...I'm wondering if one was supposed to be for the Sidious saber.  Anyone else recieve any besides Yoda in the past week or so?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 19, 2006, 06:55 PM »
I ordered a Sidious saber but have yet to receive a plaque so I am really hoping you just an extra Yoda one by mistake!!
Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 20, 2006, 06:58 PM »
Cool news in my email box tonight:

Great News! The product listed below is now on its way to our distribution center in the U.S. You will be receiving another e-mail when the product arrives and is ready to ship-this is just to inform you that the following order is in line for processing.

Order number: XXXXXXXXXX
Item: Qui-Gon Jinn Lightsaber LE EPI (SW-151 LE)
Quantity: 1 units
Unit Price: $369.00
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $319.00
Available to ship week of: May 3, 2006

Looking forward to this one.  I still wonder how much different it will be from the CE version now that they changed the materials on that version.
Beth

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 21, 2006, 09:30 AM »
I received the same message myself about the Qui-Gon saber.  I've been waiting for this one for a while now.  Its been a busy week with SW items.  I received both the newer remote R2/R4 units and the mini Luke and Vader sabers from MR, now the note about the Qui saber...I'm just glad the Y-wing isn't shipping yet.  I'm not sure my wallet could handle it.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 23, 2006, 10:13 PM »
If any of you high rollers doesn't have a Leia blaster yet, talesofwonder.com has it for a very nice price of $199.  I've ordered from them in the past and have had nothing but great service.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 26, 2006, 07:04 AM »
Got my Sidious plaque the other day (it went to my old address first).  The plaque was already attached to the stand which, IMO, was nice but I'd hate to get one that was not lined up perfectly!!
Beth