Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 102324 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Thread
« Reply #390 on: April 26, 2006, 06:43 PM »
Are they doing plaques for the ROTS Obi-Wan Saber as well???
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 26, 2006, 06:53 PM »
As far as I know, Obi-Wan is included in the "second plaque" mailing.

Official Announcement from MR Blog

Just scroll down a bit, it's dated November 18th.  Don't hold your breathe though....as far as I know, only Yoda and Sidious have shipped.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 07:04 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 26, 2006, 07:46 PM »
I just emailed MR about getting the two Yoda plaques to make sure one wasn't supposed to be the Sidious plaque.  Hopefully it will show up soon.  I much prefered the preset addition sizes...it made everything so much easier.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 9, 2006, 07:24 AM »
My Qui-Gon showed up yesterday.  They changed the plaques back to showing the edition size.  I prefer that way better so we don't have to wait for a second plaque.  I'm still waiting on my Sidious one that they should be sending out.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 9, 2006, 07:48 AM »
Here's some pictures of my new Qui-Gon Jinn saber.  I also like the plaque the way it use to be.  I included a shot of both plaques for Sidious's saber and you can see how "cluttered" it looks.  I will probably take the size edition one out.
The newest pictures are on the last page under the Star Wars Saber section. 

MR Sabers
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 11, 2006, 04:12 PM »
Nice pics Beth.  I almost regret not getting one.  Although I'm still dealing with space with the mov in with my Fiance, so I'm kind of glad I'm on a collecting Hiatus (with the exception of the Darth Maul FX saber!)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 16, 2006, 07:24 AM »
I received my Darth Sidious plaque yesterday.  Now only a few more to go.  I really hope they keep putting the numbers on only one plaque like they did with the Qui-Gon saber.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 16, 2006, 10:36 AM »
I really hope they keep putting the numbers on only one plaque like they did with the Qui-Gon saber.

You and me both.  I have no use for this "second plaque" crap and I am hoping the pain-in-the-ass problems they have been having getting these out will make them go back to the old way.
Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 19, 2006, 07:07 AM »
Just got an email from MR and included is a link to a cool contest (you don't even need to be running for a political postition to enter  :-* )

Free trip to Comic Con.

They also announced their plans for the annual MR party:
Another Comic-Con and another incredible Master Replicas Collectors Society Party—this time, it’s a Costume Extravaganza! We are so excited about this event, not only because it gives us the opportunity to hang out and party with our customers, but because this is going to be the best party we have ever had! Instead of having the regular chip and dip, meet and greet party everyone else is having, we have decided to liven it up this year and have some real fun! Of course, you do not have to dress in costume to attend, but we certainly encourage it. There will be great prizes for the best costumes in the following categories:

Best Disney Costume
Best Star Wars Costume
Best Marvel Costume
There are so many fun events lined up, we can’t list them all. Here are just a few sneak peak highlights:

Special “surprise” guests
Grab bags for all CS members who attend containing lots of cool goodies
Awesome raffle prizes
Celebrity look a-like photo ops (and who knows who may show up…..maybe you can snag a picture with the real deal!)
Great food and drinks
This party may be one of the highlights of your Comic-Con experience! So if you are not a member of the Collectors Society be sure to join now so we can have the pleasure of your company.

Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 19, 2006, 11:55 AM »
Hey Beth, I have a quick question for you.  I figured I'd post it since it might help someone else down the road.

How did your moving experience go with regards to Master Replicas?  I know you were awaiting some items, plaques etc.  I'm curious since I'll probably be moved in with my Fiance before the Obi-Wan FX saber ships as well as the ROTS Obi-Wan plaque with the final edition number on it.

Also, is there a way you can go back and change a shipping address for something like that extra plaque?  I already have the saber obviously, but would hate for that extra plaque to end up in limbo because I could not update my address and MR use some sort of shipping that would not forward it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 11:55 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 19, 2006, 12:18 PM »
Well, I contacted MR after my move and was assured that if I changed my original order address to the one I am at now - my plaques would go to my new address.  They did not.  Sidious's went, via the US Post Office, to my old address but had a yellow "forward" label attached so I did get it here in Ohio.  I called MR about it and, of course, was assured that it wouldn't happen again.  We shall see.... ::)

I honestly don't know if it really was an oversite or their system is just using the address the original saber was shipped to.  I know if the saber hasn't shipped yet and you change your order, it WILL come to your new address.  But it didn't work that way for the plaques....at least not for me.
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 19, 2006, 03:44 PM »
Cool.  Thanks for the info!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 22, 2006, 03:03 PM »
You can probably also send an email to all the plaque email addresses with your new address.  I had to do that with the Sidious plaque since they sent me two copies of the Yoda plaque instead of one of each.  I'll be happy once all of this two plaque nonsense is over.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 30, 2006, 04:35 PM »
I received my Kenobi and Anakin Ep. III saber plaques today so be on the lookout for those two.  Now all I need is the Han Solo blaster and Darth Vader helmet.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 30, 2006, 09:25 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  I am sure it will be weeks before I see mine. ;)
Beth