Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 101843 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread
« Reply #450 on: May 16, 2007, 02:01 PM »
You can't negotiate with the likes of LFL, and it sounds like Corgi tried...and failed.  I don't know why they would acquire MR and then dispose of them.  I mean honestly, what is MR without SW? 

By their own account, the SW license made up 93% of their total business!

What a bad move by Corgi's management - this opens the door for other licensees (am I the only one who thinks Sideshow is a good fit for props)?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 16, 2007, 03:50 PM »
No, I can imagine Sideshow salivating over the possibility of getting larger and more diverse with their material.  I'm thinking they're not set up to do some of the stuff, but I'm guessing they might be able to buy the necessary machinery cheap, say from Corgi ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #452 on: May 17, 2007, 12:50 AM »
'Scum just briefly posted a story but then pulled the entire supporting detail portion of it (or just messed it up) that MR has now backed out of C4, at least with respect to their booth and exclusives (Wedge helmet).  They said they'd still throw the MR party on Sunday (probably 'cause there were too many "celebrities" signed up for it already), but that their exclusives would only be available online later on at some point.

They also put up a short list of a handful of MR items that would still be made this year, but it was only about 6 items.  No more .45 collectibles (helmets or guns) it looks like.  Looks like the dissolution of the partnership was far from amicable, and there's some serious bad blood between the two.  Pretty sad...

Yeah, I'm sure Sideshow (or even GG) would love to nab the prop license.  The obvious question would be whether they could handle it, and if not, how long it would take them to get up to speed with where MR left off.  Of course, that'd mean they'd probably start many of the sublines over from scratch.  That'd certainly be interesting to see how well they'd possibly fare, and what the former MR collectors would think.

Crazy.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 12:53 AM by JediMAC »

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 17, 2007, 07:23 AM »
Ok, Amy from MR held a chat in the MR forums last evening on this subject.  Of course she could not give us details about the talks and why they couldn't come to agreement, but she did talk product line.

There will be no MR booth at C4, but they will still have their booth at SDCC.  Wedge Helmet ($55) and Mini Medal of Yavin ($15) will be sold on the website.  No mention if CS members will get first crack or not.  All items that are currently up or have been up for preorder are being made, in addition, the following items are definately being made:

Mara Jade Lightsaber Limited Edition

Shadow Trooper Helmet (CS Exclusive)

Luke Ep. VI V2 Limited Edition

Boba Fett Helmet Limited Edition

Boba Fett Helmet Signature Edition

The Shadow Trooper helmet has been bumped up to 500 units, is CS exclusive, and the lottery system has been scrapped...it will be the normal ordering procedure.

This list does not mean other items will not be made from their planned 2007 list.  It will all depend on time.  They cannot produce anything past Dec. 31, 2007...and then have 90 days after that to sell any remaining inventory.  They had some nice prototype picture of the Studio Scale X-wing (cockpit and engines light up!).  Also, they can develop new products if Lucasfilm approves.  They mentioned Dooku FX and ROTJ Vader mini and TPM Kenobi mini...it will all depend on time.  They first priority are finishing the above mentioned items.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 17, 2007, 08:39 AM »
Read this this morning at SW.com:

"We deeply regret that we and Corgi could not come to terms on a new agreement," said Howard Roffman, President of Lucas Licensing. "We had very much hoped to continue working with them. We know our fans and collectors really love this category and we are working as quickly as possible to bring in new licensees to replace both Master Replicas and Cards Inc."

So there is hope I guess...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #455 on: May 17, 2007, 08:53 AM »
Well at least we may get the dooku !

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 17, 2007, 05:03 PM »
I will never see my full-size C3PO or Chewie's bowcaster  :'(
Beth

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 17, 2007, 05:18 PM »
I will never see my full-size C3PO

Maybe from Sideshow.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 13, 2007, 07:13 AM »
The Mara Jade saber is up for order today for CS members.  $300 shipped and it is a signature edition limited to 750.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #459 on: June 13, 2007, 11:11 AM »
I will never see my full-size C3PO

Maybe from Sideshow.

For about $5,000...

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 13, 2007, 01:18 PM »
I will never see... Chewie's bowcaster  :'(

That i'm truly saddened by that...

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 13, 2007, 07:06 PM »
The Mara Jade saber is up for order today for CS members.  $300 shipped and it is a signature edition limited to 750.

Another cluster f@#$ from MR's ordering system.  I couldn't get past page 3 of the ordering process and when I finally got a confirmation email, I ended up with three!!  I hate to think what kind of hit they will take with Luke V.
Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 19, 2007, 06:24 PM »
and the fun begins again tomorrow at noon (EST).....next up - the Shadow Trooper helmet!!
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #463 on: June 20, 2007, 01:52 AM »
I am praying that the TPM Kenobi FX saber gets made.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 20, 2007, 07:13 AM »
Should be fun today about 12 PM EST.  I wonder if that third server will make a big difference.