Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 102352 times)

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread
« Reply #480 on: October 8, 2007, 07:07 PM »
I just opened my Collector's Society Exclusive Master Replicas ROTS Commander Gree Helmet LE today. I got #346. What a stunningly beautiful piece. I'm so glad I got this. Anyone else get one?

The pre-order for the weathered 501st helmet is Oct. 17th for CS Members and the 18th for the general public. I'll certainly be picking one of those up too.
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 17, 2007, 12:05 PM »
Pre-order is up for Collector's Society Members only today. Tomorrow, the general public can order as well.

"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #482 on: October 17, 2007, 06:22 PM »
Those look so cool....but there's no way I could get them.  Even in this huge new house, I don't think I have the space for them!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 17, 2007, 08:46 PM »
Those look so cool....but there's no way I could get them.  Even in this huge new house, I don't think I have the space for them!  :D

That's why I'm getting rid of most of my Hasbro stuff.  :P I can't wait to have a complete wall of beautiful helmets behind glass.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #484 on: October 17, 2007, 09:50 PM »
Yeah, but I want to keep my hasbro stuff.  One, because it's been a labor of love amassing my collection and two, because we have kids that come to visit and I don't mind them playing with the open Hasbro stuff as opposed to the prop replicas I have.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 18, 2007, 12:23 AM »
Are you saying you freak out when you see a 5yr old waving around a signature series windu saber?
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 18, 2007, 06:02 PM »
I'd freak out way more if a 5 year old was playing with a vinyl cape Jawa.  Those sabers/hilts are tough.  I think the helmets could sustain a bit too. 

I was kind of cheesed with the battle damaged 501st helmet, essentially doubling the size of 501st helmets available and penalizing those of us that sat and waited a bloody year for the clean version.   >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 19, 2007, 07:15 AM »
I'd freak out way more if a 5 year old was playing with a vinyl cape Jawa.  Those sabers/hilts are tough.  I think the helmets could sustain a bit too. 

I was kind of cheesed with the battle damaged 501st helmet, essentially doubling the size of 501st helmets available and penalizing those of us that sat and waited a bloody year for the clean version.   >:(

I don't think that is as bad as all the super sales they have had on items that have shipped in the past year, penalizing us loyal customers who perordered on the first day and paid full price.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 19, 2007, 01:10 PM »

I don't think that is as bad as all the super sales they have had on items that have shipped in the past year, penalizing us loyal customers who perordered on the first day and paid full price.

No doubt, but I'm not as hardcore as many MR collectors, so I can only bitch about what's relevant to me.  I kind of wish I'd paid more attention to the super sales, but my wallet is pleased that I didn't. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Thrawn

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 19, 2007, 03:57 PM »
Anybody know where you can get a display case for the Full size Darth maul?  My friend bought one recently but he didn't realize it didn't have a case to go over the stand.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 19, 2007, 10:44 PM »
The last MR helmet was just announced. They will be doing a 750 piece production of the Shadow Utapau Trooper bringing the total number of Clone helmets to eight.

I would have much rather had an OT helmet, but I'll certainly pick this one up to complete the set.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 15, 2007, 08:07 AM »
The last MR helmet was just announced. They will be doing a 750 piece production of the Shadow Utapau Trooper bringing the total number of Clone helmets to eight.

I would have much rather had an OT helmet, but I'll certainly pick this one up to complete the set.

The Shadow Utapau Trooper LE Helmet has been cancelled, but on that note, I've been charged for my Stormtrooper LE Helmet and it's "Pending Shipment"! This is going to be quite the nice Christmas present.  :D
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 16, 2007, 01:29 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up on the stormtrooper helmet Chris.  I just checked my order at MR since I didn't see a pending charge and I show they have my order as "invalid card number".  Nice.....I guess I call tomorrow and see what the hell is going on.   ::)
Beth

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 16, 2007, 10:09 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up on the stormtrooper helmet Chris.  I just checked my order at MR since I didn't see a pending charge and I show they have my order as "invalid card number".  Nice.....I guess I call tomorrow and see what the hell is going on.   ::)

Oh yeah, that's annoying. Hopefully they didn't give yours away! Hehe...just kidding. ;)
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 17, 2007, 07:17 AM »
Amy at MR said they would try charging cards for three weeks before cancelling orders.  All unsold items are going to go to Lucasfilm, or so she thinks.  It looks like there is not going to be a giant sell off at the end.