Author Topic: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread  (Read 101851 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Prop Thread
« Reply #495 on: December 17, 2007, 03:10 PM »
Anybody know where you can get a display case for the Full size Darth maul?  My friend bought one recently but he didn't realize it didn't have a case to go over the stand.

I can't believe I missed this post in this thread.  Sorry about the late response Thrawn, but there is a guy on eBay that makes a custom case for the full sized Maul saber.  Just do a search and it should pop up.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 17, 2007, 08:45 PM »

Oh yeah, that's annoying. Hopefully they didn't give yours away! Hehe...just kidding. ;)

That's not even funny!!  :-*

All was well when I called this morning.  She looked at my order and said that it was being processed and expected it to ship within a day or two.  I had her check my other two orders and she said everything agreed with the card number I gave her so I should be good to go. 

Amy at MR said they would try charging cards for three weeks before cancelling orders.  All unsold items are going to go to Lucasfilm, or so she thinks.  It looks like there is not going to be a giant sell off at the end.

I was kind of hoping for a last minute sell-off.  I have been holding out on Fett's piece.  I really don't have the room for it but I should probably just bit the bullet and order it.  *sigh*
Beth

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 17, 2007, 09:48 PM »

I was kind of hoping for a last minute sell-off.  I have been holding out on Fett's piece.  I really don't have the room for it but I should probably just bit the bullet and order it.  *sigh*

Beth, I'm not sure what it is that you said here that made me do it, but I just went and pre-ordered this helmet the second I read your post. $412.76 shipped is not a bad price for this awesome piece. Go for it.

I think subconsciously I was doing the same thing, but from what Amy says, it's not going to happen.
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #498 on: December 18, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Kinda sucks that they are not going to try to sell of the rest of their inventory.  That has to be a huge cost for them to just ship all this stuff off to Lucasfilm after fronting all the money to manufacture it all.  :-\
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 12:45 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 18, 2007, 10:48 PM »
Beth, I sure hope you ordered that Boba Fett Helmet last night because Master Replicas is now SOLD OUT of ALL Star Wars products.  :-\
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 19, 2007, 08:19 AM »
If you didn't, here's something to cheer you up.  :P

Tampa Star Wars Collector's Club Meeting - December 18th, 2007 at the Citrus Park Mall in Tampa, FL.

Boy did I get some stares. Here is Commander Gree playing the new Star Wars PSP.

"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 19, 2007, 05:30 PM »
Nice pictures!!  :D

No, I did NOT order it and today I was poking around and saw that everything was sold out!! :o Amy stated that they shipped the remaining inventory to dealers and it's all gone.  I seen that Jeff had some left at the saber vault but I decided to pass.  I really do enjoy my MR stuff and think they did a helluva job with the license.

Tonight I was in Radio Shack and picked up a flashlight/lightsaber that I didn't even know MR put out.  For 10 bucks its a pretty cool item. 
Beth

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 19, 2007, 11:19 PM »
Thanks Beth!  :P

Stephen over at Redfordfilms.com has some of these left that he's giving to RebelScum members at a reduced price that he had up this past weekend. I think it was $365.00 for the LE. I wrote him about it to see if it is indeed cheaper than Master Replicas is going to be. If it's a lot cheaper or if I can get the SE for around the same price, I'll probably go through him instead.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Thrawn

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 20, 2007, 07:28 AM »
Matt_Fury thanks for the info on the Maul case, I'll pass it along to my buddy.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 20, 2007, 07:05 PM »
Beth, I just cancelled my order with Master Replicas and ordered one from Stephen at Redfordfilms.com for $381.18 shipped which is a savings of $31.58. If you're gonna do it...do it now!  :o

I'll certainly be giving him more business down the road.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 20, 2007, 09:23 PM »
I've seen people mention him over at RS in the MR thread but never really paid much attention.  That is a sweet price.  I might bite on Luke's blaster from the saber vault.  I gotta make up my mind soon before everything is gone!!
Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 22, 2007, 09:55 AM »
Got my shipping notice for the stormtrooper helmet.  It will be here on the 28th  :D.  The pictures over at RS are incredible.  I can't wait for this piece!  As an added bonus, MR matched up the free print number to the helmet number.  Nice.....
Beth

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 22, 2007, 01:41 PM »
My Stormtrooper helmet won't be here until the 31st.  :( I guess that's what I get for living here in Florida. Everything comes from California and we're always the last to get things.

Oh well, it will be a great post Christmas present.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #508 on: December 25, 2007, 12:52 AM »
I'm having a Master Replicas Christmas. We opened stockings tonight and I received a Darth Vader laser pointer and Luke Skywalker/Anakin LED flashlight. I hadn't been keeping up with the new collectibles, I guess, so I didn't even know these were out. Tim paid $12.99 for the laser pointer and $5.99 for the flashlight on sale. I know I'm getting some sort of full-sized lightsaber, also from Radio Shack, but I'll see that in the morning.

Tim tried to find a Mace Windu saber for me, but couldn't find one anywhere, so he bought me a Yoda from Spencer's, $79.99 on sale. Got it home, wouldn't work. The blade didn't light up at all and the sound kind of cut in and out. Took it back and tried another one. That one the blade flashed on once, then immediately went dark and wouldn't light up again. Same sound issues, too. So, no Yoda saber for me. :(

When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 25, 2007, 07:46 PM »

Tim tried to find a Mace Windu saber for me, but couldn't find one anywhere, so he bought me a Yoda from Spencer's, $79.99 on sale. Got it home, wouldn't work. The blade didn't light up at all and the sound kind of cut in and out. Took it back and tried another one. That one the blade flashed on once, then immediately went dark and wouldn't light up again. Same sound issues, too. So, no Yoda saber for me. :(

I had the same trouble with my Yoda FX Lightsaber, so I had to send it back to MR for a replacement which took over four months! I finally got it though and it works fine. It's a great piece, I hope you are able to get one that works eventually.
"Star Wars Is Forever"