Author Topic: TRU Bantha Battle Pack  (Read 41166 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: TRU exclusive Bantha & Rancor?
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2007, 03:30 PM »
I just called TRU.com and they said that their shipment came in on 03/26 -BS and that they have to allow an extra day for "?" some crap, but she said that they are shipping out from Ohio this afternoon or tonight so I should have them by Friday or Monday.  I almost got her to expedite the shipping, but then she noticed they were pre-sell items.  She also said that I would receive a shipping notice.

Now to follow up with a Canadian company (that shall remain nameless) on another package that I'm still waiting on.....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2007, 03:36 PM »
According to the Email I got...mine (and Rob's) are on a UPS truck in my neighborhood just waiting to be dropped off.

But Knowing TRU it could be ANYTHING in that box.  We'll see this afternoon.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2007, 11:09 AM »
I hate to double post....

When I got home, the box was there.

Opened it....2 of the French Poodle Banthas.  But the boxes were ROUGH, the plastic view portion of the box was creased and crunched on each one.

Rob and I are both going to open them so it is not an issue, but just beware if you ordered one and have a "keep it carded" type collection.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2007, 11:20 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Paul.  I pretty much expected shotty boxes from them anyway.   :-\  Hopefully I can re-buy a nice minty one once they start hitting stores to exchange with.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2007, 11:31 AM »
I got a shipping notice for this this morning as well, sounds like they should be here next Monday or so.  I'm a little disappointed that these apparently don't look as nice as the previous version, but I guess this was easy enough to get a hold of, and with the BOGO sale I'll get two for the price of one.  Hopefully they won't look too craptastic.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2007, 12:39 PM »
I just got my package delivered to my desk and the box looks like it's been through a trash compactor and kicked around by a buncha kids   :-\ 

I'm hoping the contents are at least intact, but I can't really open this at work though.  It's embarrassing enough that there's a huge TRU/Babies Rus logo on the sides...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2007, 01:46 PM »
The funny thing is, the crushed ones that got to my house were in a PRISTINE shipping box....so good luck.

My daughter (6 years old) has taken my Bantha away from me already and has requested it be the stuffed animal that she gets to take to my parents for a sleep over tomorrow.  Guess I'll order another, or snag one at the store.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2007, 02:34 PM »
My daughter (6 years old) has taken my Bantha away from me already and has requested it be the stuffed animal that she gets to take to my parents for a sleep over tomorrow. 

That's awesome.   ;D

:P

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2007, 02:37 PM »
My dogs will probably try to hump my Bantha, then try to kill it  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2007, 05:53 PM »

My daughter (6 years old) has taken my Bantha away from me already and has requested it be the stuffed animal that she gets to take to my parents for a sleep over tomorrow.  Guess I'll order another, or snag one at the store.

Very cute, start them off young. Parents usually pass their addictions over to their children anyway.  :P
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2007, 06:27 PM »
Parents usually pass their addictions over to their children anyway.  :P

Especially crack whores.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2007, 10:52 PM »
;D LOL!!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 1, 2007, 02:08 PM »
;D LOL!!

Yeah, that got people asking me what's wrong when I tried to hold back a boisterous laugh.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: April 2, 2007, 10:37 AM »
From the HAsbro Q&A at POTF2 (3/30/07):

What will the variation be on the Bantha & Tusken Raider Battle Pack? (POTF2, 3/30/07)

The variation is a change in coloration of all of the Tuskens to a darker reddish brown hue, the idea being that it is another clan. This was actually our intended original version but due to some difficulties in the schedule we decided to split the run using original colors and the new colors.

So... nothing new on the Bantha, just repaints on the Tuskens.    Sounds interesting, but I think I may still just pass on the whole thing.  I guess I'll have to see the pics to see how "different" they end up being...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #134 on: April 2, 2007, 12:11 PM »
It sounds interesting, it all depends on how it looks.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"