Author Topic: TRU Bantha Battle Pack  (Read 41168 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TRU exclusive Bantha & Rancor?
« Reply #150 on: April 5, 2007, 10:09 AM »
I hope this lands in the store before Sunday, I have a $5 off coupon itching to be used.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2007, 02:33 AM »
Got word that the Bantha is finally hitting retail.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2007, 07:49 AM »
MY local TRU had both versions out yesterday and after seeing the brown one in person plus, 30 years of seeing Tuskens dressed in the lighter garb I can officially say I'm passing on it.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2007, 09:37 AM »
Grabbed one just to be complete. Think I got the non-red version. Anyway, hate the price, but after having one in hand, I appreciate what they tried to do to give us something different with the POTF2 version.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2007, 09:34 AM »
Finally saw the "red" version of this thing. Is VOTC Tuscan cape really just a jedi robe?

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2007, 02:03 AM »
Finally saw the "red" version of this thing. Is VOTC Tuscan cape really just a jedi robe?
It's definitely not a recolored Tusken robe. It's a lot thicker and not textured like the one with the Tusken.

I got the Bantha today. He's real neat. :) But wasn't the POTF one like, a lot bigger? ???

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2007, 02:06 AM »
I believe it's the same thing, no changes save for maybe a little less fur in the face.  I could be wrong.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2007, 02:13 AM »
I believe it's the same thing, no changes save for maybe a little less fur in the face.  I could be wrong.

You're probably right. I haven't seen a POTF one probably since they were out. I just remember it being a lot bigger... I was really surprised when I walked in and saw these little guys on the shelves. I probably just remember wrong.

Anyway, I like him a lot. I much prefer his new 'do to the old one. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2007, 02:21 AM »
Looking at mine over on a shelf there, the Sand people I have near it come to about it's eyes as far as height goes.  I haven't seen the new one at all to give my opinion though, so if that's about as tall as it is compared to your sand people I'd say it's the same with just less fur on the face region.  On the old ones you can't really see the face sculpt details at all.  Saw some customizers give theirs a trim back in the day though to expose the nice sculpting under there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2007, 02:24 AM »
Yeah, the old straight hair looks really filled-out in the pics. Maybe I just remember more overall bulk because of that.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2007, 03:19 AM »
I'm quite dreading seeing the two variations on this, considering I collect boxed and openers of everything.  I'm really having a hard time stomaching dropping $180 on four of these things.  If the lighter (normal-colored) set is any different than their prior versions, I'll have to grab an opener of it for sure.  If not, I may just go boxed on the light set, and openers of the red set, and leave it at that - OCD be damned.  It sounds like it'd be a good idea for me to get my old Bantha out to take a look at it for a refresher course, so I can tell if there's any differences.

Is that VTSC Tusken's cape different in both sets, and not just the red one?  If so, that's gonna be a potential problem too.  Ugh...

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2007, 03:45 AM »
Is that VTSC Tusken's cape different in both sets, and not just the red one?  If so, that's gonna be a potential problem too.  Ugh...

No. It looks to me like a perfectly normal VTSC Tusken in one set, and in the other, a VTSC with chest repainted red + a thicker Jedi type cloak. If you're looking for all manner of variations and changes, I noticed the Massif is a lot softer and gummier than the one I have from the carded Saga release. :-\

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 28, 2007, 08:15 AM »
The upper legs/waist are more red as well on the one I got as well as the cloak and chest.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2007, 05:52 AM »
Pawlus did a nice write-up on the differences with the Tuskens over at GH, with some good pix showing both versions.  Nothing on the Bantha, so I'll assume that thing's identical to it's POTF2 release.  I'm still hoping to just go with the beige set for my boxed version, and the redder ones for my openers.  It looks like that should suffice...  Hopefully.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2007, 06:09 AM »
Nothing on the Bantha, so I'll assume that thing's identical to it's POTF2 release.

Wha...? The banthas clearly have different fur from the POTF release.