Author Topic: TRU Bantha Battle Pack  (Read 41167 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: TRU exclusive Bantha & Rancor?
« Reply #30 on: December 8, 2006, 10:54 PM »
I already have both of these and can't really see myself buying them again. I would have much preferred if they had released a Krayt dragon. I would have happily bought that. I guess if they include enough bones of a dragon then maybe i would buy one again.  ;)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 9, 2006, 10:43 PM »
id prefer if they came out with a better tauntaun
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline ATL

• Youngling
  • Cody shot my Illama
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2006, 04:47 PM »
The Bantha I think is a definate YES
The Rancor I am not so sure
FOR THE REPUBLIC!
I love the 212th

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: February 9, 2007, 10:59 AM »
Hmmm....

Star Wars 3.75 Bantha with Tusken Raider

Like I said before, for $44.99 it better be more than just a Bantha repaint with a Tusken Raider repack.  I need something new and substantial added if they are going to get me to pay 50% more than the last Bantha I bought   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #34 on: February 9, 2007, 11:04 AM »
EDIT:  I'm an idiot.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2007, 04:15 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #35 on: February 9, 2007, 11:08 AM »
Maybe it'll include a couple VTSC Tusken Raiders or a momma with runt Tusken.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 9, 2007, 11:28 AM »
Yeah, hopefully it will include something special to make it worth that price.  I'll probably be picking it up regardless, since I missed the POTF2 version and its one of those OT "holes" I'd like to fill in my collection.  I could see it just coming in a spiffy window box, similar to the Dagobah X-Wing.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 9, 2007, 12:35 PM »
Hmmm....

Star Wars 3.75 Bantha with Tusken Raider

Like I said before, for $44.99 it better be more than just a Bantha repaint with a Tusken Raider repack.  I need something new and substantial added if they are going to get me to pay 50% more than the last Bantha I bought   :-\

What else can they do? Granted, $44.99 is a rip off, but the Bantha is one of the few POTF2 items that acually was perfect the first time around IMO.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: February 9, 2007, 01:04 PM »
What else can they do?

Just to be clear, I have no problem with the Bantha, I think it's a great toy/sculpt.  My problem lies solely with the $45 price tag.

The Bantha w/Tusken was $30 ten years ago and I'm not seeing why it should be 50% more expensive now... sure there is a bit of inflation, but nothing else has ever been re-released exactly the same with a 50% price jump, has it?

- They dragged the AT-AT back at pretty much the same price-point.
- They dragged the Shuttle Back at pretty much the same price point (compared to KB, not FAO),
- They keep dragging the Falcon back at pretty much the same price-point.
- They keep dragging the Republic Gunship back at pretty much the same price-point.

Other stuff that was brought back with a substantial $10-$15 price increase (like AT-ST and the X-Wing) were all spiffied up with new pack-ins (Paploo/Speederbike and Retooled Luke/Dragonsnake/Swampgrass respectively).

What else can they do?  Give me some extra little pack-ins to make it worth $45, that's what I'm saying.  Tusken Tent, Moisture Vaporator, something.

If it turns out to be $45 for just a Bantha repaint with a Tusken Raider repack, I'm not interested.  If it turns out to be $45 for a Bantha repaint with a Tusken Raider repack with some new pack-in things added, then maybe I'll be interested...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 9, 2007, 04:04 PM »
I say pack it in with a tent, VSTC Tusken and a dead Shmi... but I'm sure that's not going to happen.

I'll probably end up passing on this, unless it's a TPM Bantha with parts to a podracer or something beause I have several of the POTF2 version (which yes is excellent as Anton pointed out).

:P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 9, 2007, 04:18 PM »
I'll pick it up if I see it since I never got the original. I'm hoping for some sort of Tusken tribe to be included, at the very least a VOTC Tusken with the Saga Female/Baby Tuskens. Hopefully we'll see a pic or two at Toy Fair.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 9, 2007, 04:50 PM »
- They keep dragging the Republic Gunship back at pretty much the same price-point.

The TRU CW Gunship saw a 50% price increase over the previous three versions...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 9, 2007, 05:17 PM »

The TRU CW Gunship saw a 50% price increase over the previous three versions...

Yup, I paid $29.99 for my AOTC gunships.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #43 on: February 9, 2007, 05:22 PM »
TRU trends higher in prices anyway. The basic vehicles are $24.95 compared to $19.99 at Target or $19.96 at WM, so I'm not surprised at TRU charging a premium for an exclusive. It would have to be something totally impressive though to make me buy it.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2007, 05:23 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2007, 02:09 AM »
I think the AOTC Gunships originally came out for $40 and it was the later releases (Clone Wars and ROTS) that chimed in at $30.  I got my Gunship (AOTC) for $30 but it was on sale when I got it as there was a gross abundance of them that year...  The ship skyrocketed in price for the Clone Wars (Shark's mouth) paintjob though for no apparant reason other than to make a little extra on it...

I just hope we see some price relief at some point soon...  Things are really sucking considering Titaniums went up at Wal-Mart, figure prices are simply outrageous when compared to almost anything comparable in the toy aisles, and these vehicle/beast prices are really easy passes.

Unless there's something really significant in there like Jeff mentioned, this is something I'm quick to skip myself.  I'd dig some Tusken camp gear and a tent shelter...  $45 is something I'll be hard pressed to come out of my miserly shell for though.  As it is I've seriously curtailed army building, especially non-film stuff, and many others seemingly have as well.   
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77