Author Topic: LEGO Sales and Deals  (Read 91634 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO Sale
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2011, 12:29 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0044S1O2C/ref=ox_ya_os_product

UCS LEGOŽ Star Wars Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter (10215) $69.99... Guess it was $49 yesterday.  I scoped out the lightning deals yesterday morning, but I figured this was a 12" Obi-Wan figure for some reason.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:33 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2011, 05:18 PM »
Walmart after x-mas sale.The Advent calender $ 20.00 and the series 5 bagged mini figures on sale for $1.50.
He's no good to me open

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2011, 05:54 PM »
series 5 bagged mini figures on sale for $1.50.

Wow, that is a sweet deal for minifigs!

The Legoland store has the advent calendars for 50% off as well ($19.98).
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2011, 08:01 PM »
Got the Advent Calendar for $19.97 at Wal-Mart today. Sadly no Minifigs, as they were REALLY picked over. Only other SW set on sale was the Geonosian Fighter, down to $25
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #64 on: August 5, 2012, 07:43 PM »
At the local Walmart the X-wing is $30.00  :o  and a few of the LEGO city small box sets are $5.00 and one at $3.00, also the new Monsters swamp creature is also $5.00
He's no good to me open

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 5, 2012, 08:23 PM »
Found a freak WM that had all their LOTR stuff on clearance and most of their mid size to larger SW sets yesterday.  New SW sets look nice...but pricey of course.  WM still sucks though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2012, 09:07 AM »
Buy1Get1 40% off at tru this week.  Not entirely sure that's a great deal considering their prices, but hey... + some free vintage minifig 5 pack with any $60 purchase...i bet those go quick.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #67 on: October 8, 2012, 12:04 AM »
Target has all SW sets on sale this week...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: October 8, 2012, 12:20 PM »
May have to nab that Sandtrooper set finally.  I keep walking away.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 8, 2012, 11:57 PM »
It appears to be a 20% off sale. I'll try and grab the Skiff and the TIE Fighter.

I keep holding off on LEGOs though, hoping for a LEGO website sale so I can rack up some VIP points
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 9, 2012, 09:30 AM »
Pretty sure Amazon is matching the sale with no tax (in some states still) and free shipping.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2012, 02:44 PM »
So I sort of stopped buying Lego stuff about 3 and a half years ago, but recently decided to try to get (reasonably) caught up on the OT stuff that I'm missing... of course, the longer you get from when something stops being on store shelves, the more expensive it seems to get.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting reasonable deals on older sets?  Maybe a forum with a buy/sell/trade for Star Wars lego (or lego in general)...  I know there's eBay... I've been checking Amazon and have found some pretty good deals there.  And I know you can generally do better buying open sets rather than sealed ones.

Just wondering if there was any other places worth looking I guess.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2012, 03:05 PM »
I don't really go too much but this is a good place from what I hear.  Pretty active community..

http://www.bricklink.com/

Also there's some nice deals on craigslist from time to time if you're okay with those kinda things...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2012, 05:12 PM »
I ended up ordering the Death Star for my son direct from Lego.  They have 10% off and free shipping over $150, and included an exclusive holiday skating and horse carriage set as well.  I got 400the points for future purchases and Discover had 5%to off online purchases, so a pretty good deal overall.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2012, 05:52 PM »
Thanks.  I'll look into that forum.

Justin, the last thing I ordered direct from Lego was the Sandcrawler - so it's been awhile, but that's another good idea, especially if they have 10% off.  I waltzed over to the Lego store today just to get my head wrapped around which items I skipped are in stores now and what is already long gone.  I thought that Death Star used to be $299, now it's $399? 

I was shocked at some of the prices these sets are going for nowadays - especially in the box.  It's got me thinking that if I ever plan on getting caught up, it's best not to wait any longer.

I ordered the UCS Imperial Shuttle and B-Wing today from Amazon for $229 and $149 respectively.  With no tax and free shipping, it seemed like as good a deal as I could find.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 08:50 PM by Rob »