Author Topic: 30AC Saga Legends  (Read 144764 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Saga Legends
« Reply #375 on: July 3, 2007, 03:50 PM »
The Dark Trooper looks like a straight re-pack of the POTF2 version.  Which makes this an easy pass for me.

But... but... The coin?? You gotta get the coin! :-\

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #376 on: July 3, 2007, 05:08 PM »
Coins?  We don't need no stinkin' coins!  I already have a nice squad of Dark Troopers.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 3, 2007, 07:48 PM »
I've had two Darktroopers in my life. I think I'll pick up 7 or so of this rehash to make a nice Squad. A boyhood dream, it is!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #378 on: July 4, 2007, 02:09 AM »
I'm actually stoked at the chance for DarkTrooper custom fodder...  I've had this dream of making a full removable suit of Darktrooper armor for figures, so that's pretty cool to me.  If I wind up with extra coins, I'll be putting them up for people I'm sure... 

And man I'm loving the opportunity to buy SA AOTC style Clones...

Wholely separate point I know, but I just wanted to express that.  I've gotten 8 so far, and I look forward to nabbing more at some point.  Outstanding figure that I just didn't have near enough of.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 4, 2007, 10:34 AM »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 4, 2007, 11:58 AM »

And man I'm loving the opportunity to buy SA AOTC style Clones...

Wholely separate point I know, but I just wanted to express that.  I've gotten 8 so far, and I look forward to nabbing more at some point.  Outstanding figure that I just didn't have near enough of.

I had NONE before this, all were Sneak Preview, so this is great for me, too, as Im just discovering its greatness. Im at two so far but they seem pretty easy to find in my area this time around. Ill be aiming for at least ten.  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 5, 2007, 06:41 AM »
I don't know if anyone has noticed this or not, but I picked up some of the Battle Droids 2-pack over the weekend and found that there is a variation to the OOM-9 version. I'll try and get some pictures up tomorrow. Anyway on the package it shows a yellow dot on the chest and one set I picked up there is not dot as the others have the dot. Just a heads up for you variation hunters out there.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 5, 2007, 12:27 PM »
I don't know if anyone has noticed this or not, but I picked up some of the Battle Droids 2-pack over the weekend and found that there is a variation to the OOM-9 version. I'll try and get some pictures up tomorrow. Anyway on the package it shows a yellow dot on the chest and one set I picked up there is not dot as the others have the dot. Just a heads up for you variation hunters out there.
roron corobb

Thats proabaly just an error not a variation.  I'm an error collector however and am very interested in it if you wanna get rid of it shoot me a pm i'll pay or trade well lol

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 5, 2007, 05:42 PM »
roron corobb

Thats proabaly just an error not a variation.  I'm an error collector however and am very interested in it if you wanna get rid of it shoot me a pm i'll pay or trade well lol

I was going to recheck Wal-Mart today and see if I find any more like that. As I only picked up 3 and only 1 is like that. They have about 5 cases of the Legends, so I'm wondering if it was a case or just one and only.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 6, 2007, 11:35 AM »
Seems this first wave of Legends is doing pretty well at retail in my area.  Not too many stores have gotten in mass quantities of them, but each time a case is put out, all that really seems to be left after the first day is Vader.

The Battle Droid 2-pk is nice, but I think my favorite figure of the wave is the EP2 SA Clone.  The armor is more of a pure white than the original CW offering, and of course it's nice that they included peg holes for his feet.

:P

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 6, 2007, 11:39 AM »
I'm up to 3 of the EPII clones so far, while I agree with Chewie it's nice to have tidy whitey EPII clones the original CW seem better made.  Of the 3 I bought the heads are too lose and spin/fall too easily, that and the left hand seem gimpy.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 6, 2007, 11:42 AM »
There really hasn't been much of the Saga Legends around here yet.  A few weeks ago, while we were at the "across town" Wal-Mart (which was being renovated), I found a whole mess of these and picked up 3 AOTC clonetroopers.  Since that was around the time I had bought a lot of other stuff, I passed on the rest.  I kind of wish now I had picked up at least one Shocktrooper, but its no biggie I guess.  Aside from that find, I haven't seen a single Saga Legends figure at any of the stores (2 Targets, Wal-Mart, TRU).  I think that the TSC figures might be some of the hold-up around here though, so we'll see how the rest of the year goes.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 6, 2007, 11:43 AM »
I'm up to 3 of the EPII clones so far, while I agree with Chewie it's nice to have tidy whitey EPII clones the original CW seem better made.  Of the 3 I bought the heads are too lose and spin/fall too easily, that and the left hand seem gimpy.

Really?  If you're liking the old one better, perhaps we can make a trade.   8)

:P

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 6, 2007, 11:54 AM »

Easy fix for the head. Just post it off and add a drop or 2 of superglue to the ball. Wait until dry then replace the head. Head will be much tighter. I would place the drops on the side of the ball, but that is your choice.

I haven't had any problems with my EII or EIII clones. They both are great.
roron corobb
my feedback link

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 16, 2007, 04:20 PM »
For anyone looking, as of right now, HTS.com has both the Saga Legends Episode II Clonetrooper and Shocktrooper in stock.