Author Topic: 30AC Saga Legends  (Read 143694 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: New "Greatest Hits" Wave - Collector's Choice?
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2006, 09:24 PM »
ok, ok, iget it! i just heard that there were abundant supplies of these in some parts of the country. WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED TODAY? apparently these parts of the country do not include ohio and california.  ::)  :P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 09:25 PM by PITDROID1468 »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2006, 12:42 PM »
Looking at the current results of "Round 2", it kind of makes me sad that the Battle Droids would be beating out a re-release of the VOTC Boba Fett.  Sure, I understand army builders and all that, but that Fett would sure be a nice figure to get out there again.  There's a few figures that are winning so far though that seem like surprising choices.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2006, 10:57 PM »
The only figures i would be interested in buying are the different Imperial Commanders and the Pit Droids from Europe. Other than that, I dont really see anything that interests me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #93 on: November 4, 2006, 02:46 AM »
I would love to see the Pit Droids.  I think we all would, and it's a shame that they will lose eventually to some clone - at this rate, all 8 of the choices elected will likely be clones (Fett included).  I hope Hasbro sees the love and sneaks them in the GH line for us.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 5, 2006, 11:34 AM »
I would love to see the Pit Droids.  I think we all would, and it's a shame that they will lose eventually to some clone - at this rate, all 8 of the choices elected will likely be clones (Fett included).  I hope Hasbro sees the love and sneaks them in the GH line for us.

yes thats true.  :(  i want to see the pit droids, votc boba fett, ephant (to go with the hermi hasbro had BETTER make!), clone captain, plain AOTC clone trooper, and i'm interested to see what kind of bubble a graxol kelvyyyn fig would fit in for the basic line, so him too.  8) 
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 5, 2006, 11:58 AM »
i'm interested to see what kind of bubble a graxol kelvyyyn fig would fit in for the basic line, so him too.  8) 

Don't worry, I'm certain he won't make it to the finals.  I'm sure he'll miraculously "lose" at the last minute when Hasbro realizes they'd have to make a bigger bubble for the figure.  After all, when you're a company who designs toys based on how well they fit in a standard packaging style, you can't afford to rerelease something that fans request if it doesn't fit your ideas for a uniform package.  ::)

All I needed to see was that blurb that RS found some "anomalies" in the tallying of the first round votes that needed to be "fixed" and I knew that there was more than one type of fix going on in this. 

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 5, 2006, 02:41 PM »
I can understand that they'd have to recognize some form of "fraud", as you could sign up for many memberships and vote several times, however...

That is no reason to change votes to what you estimate is the appropriate number. I just hope VOTC Boba goes all the way. It would be a shame to me is the Fan's Choice rehash were a bunch of pit droids or characters of the like.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #97 on: November 5, 2006, 06:38 PM »
I'd hate to see it all be clones.  I'm rooting for Boba too (I'll be shocked if Hasbro doesn't include him, winner or not - there's what, 16 other GH figs they're going to do?) but I think there's only so many times you can go to the well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: November 6, 2006, 04:13 AM »
What I think will be a travesty is the Pit Droids not making it...  I can't believe people have voted against them at all, much less in the numbers we've seen them voting...  That's just a lot of suck in my book.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #99 on: November 6, 2006, 04:16 AM »
It would be a shame to me is the Fan's Choice rehash were a bunch of pit droids or characters of the like.

A bunch of Pit Droids that were never made available at retail here in the U.S., that are among the rarest and most expensive figures of the modern era?  Yeah, who the hell would want those?

The Holo Sidious and NRG bonus Pit Droids are the only figures that are still missing from my modern collection (that's an 11 year span, for those who haven't been paying attention).  But yes, I'd much rather pay a couple hundred bucks to get them on eBay, rather than $6 or $7 each in a new Greatest Hits assortment at Target next year...  ::)
« Last Edit: November 6, 2006, 04:21 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #100 on: November 6, 2006, 04:42 AM »
Looks like the Pit Droids advanced to the latest round, and are up against R2-Q5, who shouldn't provide much competition (but who knows).  Crossing fingers.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 6, 2006, 11:07 AM »
Yeah, it looks like things are narrowed down to the "Sweet Sixteen".  I'm sure each of those figures will make someone happy out there, as it seems to be "rare" figures or army builders.  Personally, I'm pulling for VOTC Boba and VTSC Biker Scout, but there are other decent figures in there as well.  Looks like the Evolutions Sandtroopers are facing off this round as well.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #102 on: November 6, 2006, 11:34 AM »
I haven't been following this stuff as close as I should be, so I'm wondering:  Is it that the top eight figures in the Rebelscum poll are going to get their own Greatest Hits wave next year?  So that basically the eight figures that win in Round 3/Sweet Sixteen are automatically gonna be done next year?  Or is it just the top figure that wins it all will be put in a GH wave with other figures of Hasbro's choosing?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 6, 2006, 11:38 AM »
That's what I've been wondering as well.  Sometimes it sounds as if it is the "top 8", but I haven't seen it stated clearly anywhere.  But, I did notice this answer in this week's Q and A:

"Staying on the 2007 GH subject, will the winning figures be straight repacks or, if an opportunity presents itself, will the figures be upgraded, through kit-bashing, with improved sculpts, articulation, and/or weapons? For example, would you simply reissue Dak Ralter if he wins the vote or would you use the old head on the new Zev Senesca body, which would be a much better figure? (FFURG, 11/03/06)

The figures would be straight repacks. We decided to go this route simply because it made it the easiest to get the fan vote boiled down and also because we do not have the ability to go in and have our design team design more "new" figures at this stage since tooling and deco take time (which we don't have) and resources which are being spent on delivering the already planned new figures in 2007. However, one great by-product of the Fans' Choice vote is that they have helped identify figures that deserve an update even though they may not be in the final 8....like Dak."

That line about "the Fans' Choice vote is that they have helped identify figures that deserve an update even though they may not be in the final 8" makes me think that they are probably planning on releasing the Top 8 figures, but maybe I'm way off on that.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #104 on: November 6, 2006, 11:48 AM »
But, I did notice this answer in this week's Q and A:

Maybe I should pay more attention to the content of the Q & A that I slave over every week! 

That line about "the Fans' Choice vote is that they have helped identify figures that deserve an update even though they may not be in the final 8" makes me think that they are probably planning on releasing the Top 8 figures, but maybe I'm way off on that.

Yeah, that's what it sounds like to me, too.  So then basically, this is the round that counts, and everything else that follows is just a matter of academics (i.e. the overall "winning" figure will get a special "#1 Fan's Choice!" sticker or something on it's bubble).
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."