Author Topic: 30AC Saga Legends  (Read 143996 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: New Saga Legends - Collector's Choice?
« Reply #195 on: December 4, 2006, 06:35 PM »
I think this line totally sucks. The same figures rereleased on (ooohh) newer cards= ridiculous, and I'm not buying a single one! The fact that people keep buying particulars in these repack waves year after year is why Hasbro keeps selling it. Or did they sell it well this year?!? Was in stores Sunday and miraculously hundreds (that have been sitting on the shelfs and increasing to the endcaps because none were selling fast enough)  of GB, HV, GH repacks are removed from shelves in 4 WM's I visited. Only 1 store had them still and they had 48 figures including several of the 501, shock variety that ?people? want to buy again next year. Even the the price tags saying Greatest hits were removed so that only only The Saga Collection figs remained. I asked one store employee and (toy manager) he tells me that these figures were going back to the main wherehouse...interesting.

My guess? These figures will be pulled back by Hasblow to be repackaged and resold under the next year POS Saga Legends line so suckers can buy them again. LOL- glad I'll have plenty extra cash to spend on the regular line and other stuff.

I'm not going to buy the same figure (outside of a basic, new line) every year just for the new background if I don't have to...I didn't do it last year(any for my collection anyway no GH,GB,HV), I didn't buy them the year they came out with the refresher wave after OTC, and I won't do it next year either-- I'm not THAT wacked. 

Lastly, I thank Hasbro for not numbering these figs as part of the years' line ever. Thank you for that...now I really don't have to buy.  :)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 4, 2006, 08:04 PM »
I am angrier at Hasblo than I have been in a very long time. OK, how the **** can they repack #2 Anakin, #3 Yoda, Pilot Obi, and 500th Vader again? Seriously? That is so ******* stoopid! And the ugly Maul from the Sith Speeder? Pbbbthhh...LAME! And you know what really ticks me off? How they are releasing all of said figures in the very first wave. This is a plot. I predict that these crappy figs will be sitting on the pegs to an extent that they wont be restocked with the better figures in the later waves. I GUARANTEE it! I'm only buying Pit Droids, Darktrooper, and the AOTC clones. The rest can sit on the pegs and ROT for all I care! Hasbro can take this Saga Legends line and shove it up their @$$! I am ANGRY! I am bitrillijillometers away from entirely quitting, or at least drastically scaling back on what I purchase from this twisted company anymore.  >:(
« Last Edit: December 4, 2006, 08:05 PM by Snaggletooth »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 4, 2006, 09:49 PM »
Mr. Tooth-

You need to take a chill pill. You don't get killed if you decide not to buy particular figures. Vader, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Yoda are not being made specifically for collectors. Sure, some may buy them, but they're mostly for kids. As it is now, I rarely see those characters in my area. I agree that Maul is odd, but it is an alright pilot figure. Perhaps as good of a Maul pilot as can be made by Hasbro without using the Evolutions sculpt. If you're angry about this, then you should quit collecting right now, since repacks/repaints are very common in this line.

Now, here's what I like:
2007 Saga Legends R2-D2 (RotS #48) x1 (Still need an electronic version)
2007 Saga Legends Clone Trooper (RotS #41) x6
2007 Saga Legends Shocktrooper (Battle Pack) x2
2007 Saga Legends Battle Droid 2-Pack-11 Tan 2-pks, 10 rust 2-pks
2007 Saga Legends Clone Trooper (Clone Wars 03-50) x17
2007 Saga Legends Boba Fett (VOTC) x1
2007 Saga Legends Destroyer Droid (RotS #44) x7
2007 Saga Legends Clone Trooper (new - SA 501st) x 8 or 9 (depends on whether or not Bow is coming out)
2007 Saga Legends  Pit Droid 2-Pack- 2 sets, the two colors that I like most with two different tool boxes
2007 Saga Legends Imperial Officer (1 of each to crew my Imp. Shuttle)
2007 Saga Legends Darktrooper - Maybe 2 of these, most likely 0
2007 Saga Legends Clone Commander (Evolutions - Ep3 Grey) x6
2007 Saga Legends Clone Officers (EE Set - Red) x2
2007 Saga Legends Clone Officers (EE Set - Blue) x2
2007 Saga Legends Clone Officers (EE Set - Green)- 4 minus however many Saga versions I get
2007 Saga Legends Scout Trooper (VTSC) x1
2007 Saga Legends TC-14 x1
2007 Saga Legends RA-7 (Sandcrawler) x1
2007 Saga Legends R4-I9 x1

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 4, 2006, 10:13 PM »
OK, how the **** can they repack #2 Anakin, #3 Yoda, Pilot Obi, and 500th Vader again? Seriously?

Because, kids play with these, because this is a CHILDREN'S TOY LINE. It can't all be filled with fan favorites and super obscure background characters. Plus, we're getting TONS of collector oriented stuff in the coming year. Darktrooper, bonus Pit Droids, Revan, concept figures, Galactic Marine & other clones, just off the top of my head. So stop throwing a hissyfight that the CHILDRENS TOY company picked characters that you don't like. Honestly, you sound like a third grader hopped up on Jolt Cola.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 4, 2006, 10:20 PM »
I think I would've preferred the Coruscant wave versions of Anakin and Obi-Wan in the reissues, but in the grand scheme of things those aren't that big a deal.  The lineup for Saga Legends is an army builder's dream come true.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #200 on: December 5, 2006, 02:05 AM »
Overall, this is a good selection.  Some of the repacks (Anakin #2 - and that CLoud City Chewie, a fig that's just starting to hit again?) are tired, but kids and their moms eat these alive, so.  Hasbro came through on a few figs (VOTC Boba!  Pit Droids!  Rainbow clones!) and I think these will do pretty well.

What I'm getting:

Clone Trooper (SA Shocktrooper)
Boba Fett (VOTC)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS Pilot)
Clone Trooper (SA 501st)
Sandtrooper (Evolutions)

Fan Choice
Pit Droids
Clone COmmander (Evolutions SA Grey)
Clone Officers (EE Set Versions)
Scout Trooper (VOTC)
RA-7

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 5, 2006, 03:29 PM »
I'll get:

Wave 1
Clone Trooper

Wave 2

Wave 3
DarkTrooper
Clone Trooper Officer

Wave 4
TC-14
R4-I9

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 5, 2006, 05:59 PM »
I'll be picking up: (* means as many as I see ;D )
*Clone Trooper (ROTS # 41)
*Shocktrooper
* Battle Droid (All versions)
* Clone Trooper (SA,AOTC)
Boba Fett
Sasee Tin
* 501st Clone Trooper
* Sandtrooper
* Pit Droid (All)
* Imperial Officer (All 3 heads)
* Clone Commander
* Clone Officers (All)
TC-14
R4-19
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 5, 2006, 07:51 PM »
ok, i was a little hard on hasbro. sory!  :-[ ill just say what im glad for.
i like that even though some of these high demand figs lost, hasbro is giving them to us anyway, e.g. SA Boba Fett, coroscaunt commander, and TC-14. that was very good of them  :). and, they seem to be releasing the european pit droids that we asked them for and not the ones that came with gasgano like i pre-criticized them for.

so, quite a few very annoying mistakes, but overall i guess i can say, 'thank you hasbro.'

i do think my wave 1 warmers theory will come true, but as long as i can track these good ones i mentioned down, this line will be a-ok.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 5, 2006, 07:59 PM »
I getting the following

Clone Trooper (SA Shocktrooper)
Clone Trooper (CW)
Boba Fett (VOTC)
Clone Trooper (SA 501st)
All Pit droids
All Clone Officers
Sandtrooper (Evolutions)
RA-7
Clone Commander (Ep3 Grey evolutions)
TC-14
Scout Trooper (VTSC)
Obi-Wan ROTS Pilot

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 5, 2006, 08:02 PM »
These are the ones that interest me:

Darth Vader
Darth Maul
Clone TRooper (AOTC SA White)
Boba Fett (VOTC)
Saesee Tiin (ROTS)
Destroyer Droid (depending if it's TPM or not)

Fan Choice
Pit Droids
Imperial Officers
Clone Officers (EE Set Versions)
Scout Trooper (VOTC)
RA-7

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #206 on: December 5, 2006, 08:54 PM »
Actually, I think it's great tha Hasbro created a separate line for these, as opposed to littering the 30 AC with them.   In general, I'll pass.  But these aren't made for me.  They're made  for casual fans, parents, and fans too cheap/lazy to go to Ebay to look for figures from five years ago.

The only ones I don't have are the Pit Droids...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 5, 2006, 10:44 PM »

Destroyer Droid (depending if it's TPM or not)

Destroyer Droid. From the ROTS line. Sculpt based upon AOTC/SAGA1 version. Eh, I'll get a couple. I do prefer the TPM version over this one, but I'll throw a couple of these in my battle arena.  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 5, 2006, 11:23 PM »
I'll be picking up the AOTC Clones and the 501st Clones if I can find them.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 6, 2006, 09:33 AM »
I'll be picking up the AOTC Clones and the 501st Clones if I can find them.

I think the tread for Clone distribution is better now than it has been in the past. With luck, these guys should be just as easy to get, after a while.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."