Author Topic: 30AC Saga Legends  (Read 145131 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Saga Legends
« Reply #345 on: June 2, 2007, 11:29 PM »
   I picked up the Ep. III Clone Trooper and 2 Ep. II Clone Troopers this morning. These figures are nothing special, but they should be nice to army build. I really want to find some of the Seperatist characters next.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 3, 2007, 12:12 AM »
I saw remnants of these today near Phoenix, AZ.  The shocktrooper, white ROTS clonetrooper, and some others as well.  So, guess they are hitting the west coast at least. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 3, 2007, 10:13 AM »
Picked up a full set of these Yesterday. I'll pick up one more ROTS clone to open and upgrade my AOTC clone, but then I'm done with wave 1.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 3, 2007, 02:36 PM »
Picked up 2 ROTS Clones, 2 AOTC Clones, and a Battle Droid two pack at the local Target over the course of a two day period.  They apparently got two cases and, surprise surprise, the only figure still hanging around this morning was Vader.  What makes this rerelease even more asinine is that, other than two Mace Windus, the only other 30AC figure on the pegs was the ANH Vader.  So, out of six figures on the pegs, there were two different versions (4 figures total) of Vader.  Never saw a Shock Trooper from either of the cases they stocked, though.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 3, 2007, 04:39 PM »
I'm surprised to see these out already - I thought they would stagger them with Wave 3, but looks like both are hitting at the same time.  At least they're repainint a few items - haven't decided which ones I'm going to get yet.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 4, 2007, 09:35 AM »
Picked up my last openers to complete wave one for me. I was surprised that I was able to walk in the store after opening and find that no one had taken the clones.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 9, 2007, 08:17 PM »
I got Ep.2 Clone, Battle Droids, and Maul today after digging through a case at Target. They are pretty much the only decent figures out of this first wave (shocktrooper and the other clone are good but weve seen them a jillion times!!!), I realized this seeing them all together in the case. The rest is just CRAP! 500th Vader, 4 arm Grievous(I guess hes sorta okay), and ROTS Yoda! I cant wait for the other good figures to show up, cuz damn!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 10, 2007, 02:18 AM »
I'm very surprised that I'm seeing wave 3 on the pegs and not Saga Legends.  But then there is some strange level of excitement for this line.  Sure, I understand the army building thing, but as for other characters in this line?  I just don't get it.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 10, 2007, 02:52 AM »
I'm very surprised that I'm seeing wave 3 on the pegs and not Saga Legends.  But then there is some strange level of excitement for this line.  Sure, I understand the army building thing, but as for other characters in this line?  I just don't get it.

Agreed. Of the first 10 on the Legends cardback, I'm only after the AOTC clone in multiple numbers and MAYBE the re battle droid set. That's it. Of the next 10, there's maybe 3 or 4 there I want. Granted the Grey commander I want a lot of if the belt/kama cna be swapped out for a regular belt. As well I want to build up the 501st trooper if it's teh SA version (Not the AT-TE gunner version). But that it really. I may get one of two Darktroopers. 1 for the coin, 1 to keep carded.

So for me, I'll actually be saving, believe it or not, despite teh army building.

It's not a bad subline though and we did get to pick most of what eventually ended up on the lsit to be made. So if it doesn't do well, we only have ourselves to blame.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 10, 2007, 02:59 PM »
So if it doesn't do well, we only have ourselves to blame.

No, not really. We would have Hasbro repacking several nasty pegwarmers to blame. The rest of the figures I see being very popular.

ROTS Chewbacca
ROTS Yoda
ROTS Anakin (at this point hes getting to be as bad as Cantina Han)
500th Vader
TSC Boushh Leia
ROTS Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot
ROTS 'Talking' R2-D2

I dont remember voting for any of those.  :'( >:(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 10, 2007, 03:20 PM »
Most of the figures in 1 & 2 weren''t voted for except the Shock & Fett, maybe 2 or 3 more.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 11, 2007, 09:28 AM »
First shipments have seemed to sell well. No real peg warmers.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 11, 2007, 09:33 AM »
I saw these in good numbers for the first time this weekend.  I had only seen one figure (Yoda) at Target, but we traveled to the "across town" Wal-Mart and they had the entire first wave in stock.  I picked up two AOTC clones, and would have picked up a couple more if I hadn't been spending so much lately with things shipping and finding the VTSC.  The shocktrooper and ROTS trooper were tempting as well, but it was nice to get more of that spiffy AOTC clonetrooper.  I never did see the original one on the pegs.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 11, 2007, 10:46 AM »
First shipments have seemed to sell well. No real peg warmers.

As long as their aren't 500 more shipments to come, we'll be okay.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 11, 2007, 03:30 PM »
So if it doesn't do well, we only have ourselves to blame.

No, not really. We would have Hasbro repacking several nasty pegwarmers to blame. The rest of the figures I see being very popular.

ROTS Chewbacca
ROTS Yoda
ROTS Anakin (at this point hes getting to be as bad as Cantina Han)
500th Vader
TSC Boushh Leia
ROTS Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot
ROTS 'Talking' R2-D2

I dont remember voting for any of those.  :'( >:(

Treu true. I didn't vote for them either. They've only just started showing up in my area and there a no reports yet of pegwarming. There are enough case revisions with the Legends line that phase out the specific characters yet keep in troops, so I think we'll be ok with this. May be some pegging, but hopefully not too bad.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010