Author Topic: 30AC Saga Legends  (Read 144027 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Saga Legends
« Reply #600 on: March 4, 2008, 04:47 AM »

Yeah, they finally do the #41 fig for this legion and the legs will probably be irreparably wrenched.

They've done it before.  It's "Commander Appo" minus the pauldron.  Exactlly the same paint job, including the chest deco.  There are a few specks of dirt on Appo, even though he's mostly clean.  The new one is totally clean.

A lot of people held off on Appo to build this figure, but it's exactly the same thing.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2008, 04:47 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 4, 2008, 09:00 AM »
There is a slight difference in the paint job, the stripe on the chest actually goes all the way up on the legends figure. To a lot of people, that stripe was a huge gripe about Appo.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 6, 2008, 08:50 PM »
New Force has wave 6 up for pre order. Contains one of each of the "Fan's Choice" figures.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 7, 2008, 08:56 AM »
I'm slightly disappointed in the new EE catalogue, there's definitely some wave 5 case assortments missing, like the one with the white Pit droids and the 3 SA 501sts.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 7, 2008, 07:27 PM »
Toys R Us finally did a massive restock of the SW action figure aisle (this is the most they've gotten since before Christmas) and it was practically all Saga Legends cases with the SA 501st (the only other case was a case of 2007 Wave 8).  I don't know how many cases they got, or how many 501st were in each case, but I was able to get the six I wanted for myself and leave at least twice that many on the pegs for everyone else. 

I also noticed another way (that I don't think has been mentioned yet) to identify the figure as the SA sculpt and not the AT-TE Tank Gunner mold.  If you look through the top of the bubble, you should be able to see the slot where the antenna fits on the figure's back (there is no antenna included and the slot is easily noticeable).  Between the ankles, the slot, the lack of a Jango chin, and the waist joint, it's pretty easy to find the SAs amongst the Tank Gunners if you look closely.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 6, 2008, 07:53 PM »
Glad to see that Hasbro was finally able to give us a final answer on how many Saga Legends Sandtroopers there are.

As we all expected, the GLUT of White Pauldron Sandtroopers was actually meant to have Black Pauldrons in the mix as well.

So instead of there being five or six different versions of the Sandtrooper, there are only four:

TSC Body Dirty w/White Pauldron
TSC Body Dirty w/Orange Pauldron
Evolutions Body Dirty w/Orange Pauldron
TSC Body Clean w/White Pauldron

That's it.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 6, 2008, 08:39 PM »
Glad to see that Hasbro was finally able to give us a final answer on how many Saga Legends Sandtroopers there are.

As we all expected, the GLUT of White Pauldron Sandtroopers was actually meant to have Black Pauldrons in the mix as well.

So instead of there being five or six different versions of the Sandtrooper, there are only four:

That's it.

What about the one w/ the rifle instead of the stick?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #607 on: June 6, 2008, 08:52 PM »
The one with the long rifle and not the "stick" is on Pete's list - "Evolutions Body Dirty w/Orange Pauldron".
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 7, 2008, 09:59 AM »

That's it.

At this late stage in the game, Hasbro better not try to fix the production miscommunication that denied us the black one.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 7, 2008, 10:41 AM »
At this late stage in the game, Hasbro better not try to fix the production miscommunication that denied us the black one.

They're not - they said that there is no way they could fix it now - the black pauldron Sandtrooper will not be part of the Saga Legends run and they will look to slot the figure somewhere in the 2009 line - probably in the GH figure assortments.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 8, 2008, 09:22 AM »
Good. Thanks Pete.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 8, 2008, 09:49 AM »
The funny thing is that the version/variation we're talking about is how the figure was released in the TSC line.

I don't know about you guys, but when that version was "the" Sandtrooper in circulation, I bought like 8 of those. So to be honest, the only reason I really wanted to make sure I had this fifth version (if it was indeed coming out) was to make sure my carded Saga Legends line is complete.
Peter

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 16, 2008, 04:23 PM »
Just a little bit of news regarding the last of the Legends figures for the TAC line, but I was listening to the Star Wars Action News podcast - and they were going through their Q and A answers from the last session.  They asked specifically if HTS would get the last five Legends figures, and they said that they would not.  I was a little disappointed, because I was hoping I might be able to grab a Shadow Stormtrooper or two from there, but it doesn't sound like they'll be getting them.  I've seen the others that I wanted to get (Zev, Neyo), but haven't seen any of the others in stores.  I'm not so sure that Target or Wal-Mart will be getting any other figures prior to the July 26 "rebranding".

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 18, 2008, 04:26 PM »
The lack of this product at the two biggest big  box retailers is a major let down- I check Targets frequently, and it looks like they have just about shut off the pipeline until after the new figures arrive. Since all of the Hasbro rewards coupons expire before the new product, 6-8 weeks of almost nothing new (except the rancor and potentially WM's build a droid sets) stinks.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 18, 2008, 04:32 PM »
I've noticed that as well.  I'm pretty sure our Targets (and perhaps WM as well) have all but shut down until the new line hits next month.  Our local Target store has 6 Elis Herlots on the pegs that have been there for at least a couple months now.  The comic packs seem to be the same as well, although I haven't looked closely.  The only "new" product I've seen come in there are Muggs and the Rancors (4 of them there today).  Wal-Mart has more figs, but mostly TAC Wave 1 (2008) and Legends Biker Scouts.  They're drowning in Indy stuff too, which seems to be taking over the SW area a bit at this point.  TRU seems to get new stuff once in awhile, but I always seem to miss it.  More than anything else, they have Holo Vaders, Sandtroopers, and surprisingly, 501st Troopers.