Ramone (Red)
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Mario Andretti
Darryl CarTrip
Tex
Fred
Yetti
Oil Guzzler

My 2 year old is really into this movie.  Did these cars mentioned above ever come out?  The tounge and Bug Faced McQueen has me interested.  Did they ever make a Frank Combine die-cast vehicle or Mack (besides those big playsets)?  I am relatively new to all the Cars merchandise.  I thought I may buy up some more of the die-cast cars.  But I have to kind of freshen up on just what the heck has been made yet. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Cars
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2007, 11:15 PM »
Folks over on the Spawn board have been talking about the tongue and bug-face McQueen being out very, very recently, so start looking for them now.  Don't know about your other questions though, sorry.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2007, 07:39 AM »
The following are out now, some more readily available than others:

No Fin Cruising McQueen (either in a single pack or two pack with Sally)
Michael Schumacher
Bug Faced McQueen
Bling Bling McQueen - blue with rims
Tongue McQueen
Dinoco Chick Hicks
Hydraulic Ramone (red)
flashback Ramone (red and white)
RPM #64
Tex
Yetti

Other than the above posted listing, the others haven't been officially confirmed yet.  No pics, no word from Mattel, etc.  Maybe something at SDCC?

Did they ever make a Frank Combine die-cast vehicle or Mack (besides those big playsets)? 

No Frank, but Mack has been released - although he's not a diecast, but plastic.  His trailer does open to a playset, but I keep it closed and it works pretty well with the rest of the cars.

My son loves this movie.  It's either Cars or Nemo that he wants to watch.  I must have seen this movie at least 20 times already.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2007, 10:30 PM »
My son loves this movie.  It's either Cars or Nemo that he wants to watch.  I must have seen this movie at least 20 times already.

Another 80 times and you'll catch up the number of viewings I've had of the Little Mermaid :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2007, 10:34 AM »

No Frank, but Mack has been released - although he's not a diecast, but plastic.  His trailer does open to a playset, but I keep it closed and it works pretty well with the rest of the cars.

There's also this version of Mack, which include a car transport trailer vs. the opening playset trailer. 

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5513542

You can make a Frank pretty easy - ERTL makes a 1/64 Case IH Combine that can be modified somewhat easily.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2007, 09:31 AM »
Lots of new stuff coming out:

Pics of a whole buttload of new Cars

Confirmation of rumored stuff:
PT Flea / Flick
Rusty / Dusty
Fred
Cartrip
Cutlass
Jr.
Mrs. the King
Mia / Tia
Mario Andretti

Stuff not rumored:
20+ Piston cup racers
gas can Fillmore
Sarge / Hummer

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2007, 10:43 AM »
Good lord, those Piston Cup Cars are going to be my boys dream...the rest of that stuff looks great.  I just hope they stop shipping Sally and Sherriff...talk about pegwarmers

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2007, 10:01 AM »
Just an FYI for you Cars collectors, the Supercharged Sarge Car was part of the latest Mattel recall involving lead paint. I've bought a couple of these cars, and some I've given to my little girls. I have a Sarge that has the lead paint problem, but thankfully hadn't yet given it to my girls. I'll follow up to let you know how smooth/unsmooth the recall process is.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2007, 12:12 PM »
Yeah i saw the recall too. I have to check my Sarge. On a side note, i fianlly found Yeti.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2007, 06:26 PM »
My boy got some Cars for his birthday recently.  Sarge was one of them.  I suspected it was a recall one and just confirmed it.  Filled out the required information and will send him back. 

Fortunately, he doesn't really put things in his mouth and he really didn't play with Sarge much (he likes McQueen, Mack and for some reason Fillmore), so my concern was kept to a minimal.  Still, better safe than sorry.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #85 on: September 8, 2007, 04:52 PM »
I found RPM64, Bling Bling McQ, Dinoco Chick Hicks, Ferarri, Yeti and Red Ramone yesterday.  Still need Tongue McQ, Bug McQ, Red Rims Hudson Hornet, Cruising Ramone and Tex

My boys are super pumped for the Piston Cup Racers and ask to look at the pictures over and over. 

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 8, 2007, 09:09 PM »
I saw a couple of the new 2-packs (Mia & Tia, The King & Mrs. The King) at a local Wal-Mart this afternoon.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2007, 01:46 PM »
It seems like all the stores I've checked lately have none of the diecast at all; not even space for them. I figured it was a result of the Sarge recall, but now that I see others still finding these, I'm suspicious.

It's too bad I can't find any, now, I've got my youngest hooked on them as a reward for potty training. So much so, that she isn't satisfied with the standard Matchbox/Hotwheel anymore.  ::)

Kids.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2007, 04:21 PM »
Well, if you shop at Target they have no way in their inventory to separate Sarge from the rest of the Cars.  Evne though you may buy a Mater, Lightning and Sarge your receipts and the way they stock all fall under the same DPCI# and as such they can't really differentiate in their system.  When the recall came that one part of the whole DPCI needed to be recalled they had to pull all of the single packs from the shelves even though it is only one bad apple in the whole damn bunch.  Wal-Mart and K-Mart around here still have them both since they price and invetory each individual item.  Not sure why Target didn't just go through and pull Sarge but they didn't

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2007, 12:34 PM »
Hey guys, I just started picking these up as my 2 and 3 year olds finally saw the movie for the first time last week.  I went on a little spending spree today and ended up 11 total.  I still could have picked up about 10 more...  I did end up seeing the Bug-Faced McQueen, Yeti, Bling-Bling McQueen, Dinoco McQueen and others today so if anyone is still looking for certain ones, shoot me a PM or post which ones you are looking for and I'll keep my eyes open for them.

Does anyone have a checklist of all these?
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!