Collectibles > 1:6 Scale Figures and Collectibles

2004 - 12 INCH?

<< < (2/8) > >>

Darth Broem:
Hammerhead is near the top of my list.  Hope it comes out early next year.  That would be nice.  Yeah, I'd love to have a Rebel Fleet Trooper.

dustrho:

--- Quote from: chuckles on June  3, 2003, 07:17 PM ---There's also a new Yoda coming out in the same wave as the Ewoks, Luke and Scout Trooper. Those too are the last ones I've heard about so far.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I forgot to add the Yoda to my post.  My bad.   8)

TheR3AP3R:
I am not too pleased with the yoda at all. The Biker Scout rocks though.

jadesfire:
Well, now that I have had time to review the 12" Luke and Stormtrooper from Toy Fair I can say I am in total let-down mode.  Come on Hasbro....

First off, where is my Max Rebo band!?  Come on, I've seen the proto-type, George is releasing the OT on DVD this year....what better time to release these babies???  

So, on to point two:  Why give me a re-hash of ANOTHER FRICKIN' LUKE when you could have done so much better with a Bespin Leia, Hammerhead and/or any of the other patrons in Wuher's cantina??  I mean it's the year of the OT, go for new figures in vintage packaging.!!  Be creative!!  I know why Luke has that stupid grin on his face, the old one did, but I thought you learned your lesson with stupid grinning Leia on a speeder bike, I guess not.  I like the packaging, that's what is cool about 2004 and that's about it.   Now the Stormtrooper at least looks like a vintage one with updates in the armor.  It's an OK figure but nothing thrilling and since I have yet to see a shot of Boba Fett (what gives with that anyways, it's Toy Fair and you DON'T bring Fett???WTF??) so I can't comment on him.

Point Three:  Now I read that the new price for these figures will be $30.00??  I assume since the other ones are going to have a $10.00 price point, these OT packaged ones need to see an increase also?

Point Four:  That's it??? Three figures and only two on show???
No answer to the email I sent concerning the Max Rebo band.....no more information available on the line....nothing.

I think the line is slowly seeing the end.  It's too bad.  Hasbro has the new bodies to use, the ability to do top notch sculpting (some of the figures these last two years are awesome) but seem unable to grasp how to pump life in to a line that does have a lot to offer.  

JediMAC:
How do you really feel Beth...?   :P

Yeah, aside from those three vintage nods, very little news on this line it seems, even with Toy Fair.  Not a good sign for 12" collectors...  If there's nothing further announced in the next couple of months, I'd dare fashion a guess that Hasbro's dropping the line altogether - or at least 'til Episode 3 hits.

On a related note, the "new" 12-inch Jawas, Garindan and Obi-Wan have been hitting a couple of my local TRUs.  Anyone still need any of those?  I might be able to give you a hand if you do, so LMK!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version