Author Topic: C4 Collecting Track  (Read 25583 times)

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: C4 Collecting Track
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2007, 03:44 PM »
So did anyone get the coins? Which did you get? ;D

I managed to hit a couple of the panels and got an Obi, R2, 3P0, Jawa, Tusken, and Vader coin.   I WISH I'd been able to get more, but between things I wanted to see, a double OPX shift on Saturday (Matt Wood was awesome!) and another shift on Sunday, and just things I just had to see- Robot Chicken, Clone Wars Behind the Scenes etc.., there was no way.
  I had a great time and the only major downer was the Master Replicas Party... what a nightmare that was
Jeff
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 03:47 PM by Oboewan »
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2007, 05:03 PM »

I managed to hit a couple of the panels and got an Obi, R2, 3P0, Jawa, Tusken, and Vader coin. 

Wow, thats awesome. Very cool.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2007, 08:45 PM »

I managed to hit a couple of the panels and got an Obi, R2, 3P0, Jawa, Tusken, and Vader coin.   I WISH I'd been able to get more, but between things I wanted to see, a double OPX shift on Saturday (Matt Wood was awesome!) and another shift on Sunday, and just things I just had to see- Robot Chicken, Clone Wars Behind the Scenes etc.., there was no way.
  I had a great time and the only major downer was the Master Replicas Party... what a nightmare that was
Jeff

What happened at the MR party?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2007, 12:31 AM »
I went to 1 panel, the 1st Bootleg panel & no coin was handed out. The line to other panels were long & at times I had no chance to make them. I never got a coin :-\

This was after what Matt mentioned about no one was leaving the panels, I had to meet up with Oscar at a panel & when it ended, they cleared the room. Before the panel ended, 2 people & myself witnessed a crew member leave the panel & talk to a fellow who did not attended this panel & sneaked him a coin. Both crew members were approached by the 1 witness & they denied it. What a load of BS!  >:(

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2007, 05:14 PM »

Where to begin?   Matt Fox and I (I was his guest) wandered out of the convention center and heading for what looked like a gathering crowd.   The email from MR basically said there would be a double decker bus leaving at 7:15 for Jim Henson studios at 15 minute intervals, ending at 8:15.  Well... we're just waiting and waiting and nothing came.  We saw a red bus pull out with a bunch of people on it and eventually heard it had left with the celebreties and VIPs.  Then a small black shuttle with Phil Wise drove up and took the first 14 people and he confirmed we were in the right spot.    That was about 7:45ish and I had a few friends from DC get on it.   By the time the next bus showed up it was close to 8:45.  We got to the party in about 40 minutes and had some nice BBQ and chose not to pay $5 for raffle tickets or a key to open a chest to win an MR Falcon.   The gift bag was a total joke and only the members (not their guests) got one.   There was some pretty ok lightsaber combat routines, crappy white and red wine, diluted light beer, and sodas.   After our friends who DID try for the MR Falcon had their turn at the lock and failed, we headed out looking for a ride back.   Got in line up the block and waited.   And waited.  Finally a bus came and there was a surge from inside the studio so those of us in line didn't actually make it (me being now first in line).   Again.. no more buses... we're now past the 10:30 contract time for the buses and three of the black shuttles came but were ONLY going to the Omni.  By then the place had totally cleared out except for a few MR folks.   They spent some time on our behalf talking to on of the shuttle drivers (only one left there) and finally convinced him to drop us off back at the convention center.   He ended up dropping Matt and I off at the Holiday Inn so that was cool but by then it was like 12:30.   Complete waste of an evening IMHO.  Would have much rather gone to one of the Con hotels with some of the DCSWCC folks.   Talk about hindsight.....

How's that for my first thread hijack?

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #50 on: June 1, 2007, 09:57 AM »

Where to begin?   Matt Fox and I (I was his guest) wandered out of the convention center and heading for what looked like a gathering crowd.   The email from MR basically said there would be a double decker bus leaving at 7:15 for Jim Henson studios at 15 minute intervals, ending at 8:15.  Well... we're just waiting and waiting and nothing came.  We saw a red bus pull out with a bunch of people on it and eventually heard it had left with the celebreties and VIPs.  Then a small black shuttle with Phil Wise drove up and took the first 14 people and he confirmed we were in the right spot.    That was about 7:45ish and I had a few friends from DC get on it.   By the time the next bus showed up it was close to 8:45.  We got to the party in about 40 minutes and had some nice BBQ and chose not to pay $5 for raffle tickets or a key to open a chest to win an MR Falcon.   The gift bag was a total joke and only the members (not their guests) got one.   There was some pretty ok lightsaber combat routines, crappy white and red wine, diluted light beer, and sodas.   After our friends who DID try for the MR Falcon had their turn at the lock and failed, we headed out looking for a ride back.   Got in line up the block and waited.   And waited.  Finally a bus came and there was a surge from inside the studio so those of us in line didn't actually make it (me being now first in line).   Again.. no more buses... we're now past the 10:30 contract time for the buses and three of the black shuttles came but were ONLY going to the Omni.  By then the place had totally cleared out except for a few MR folks.   They spent some time on our behalf talking to on of the shuttle drivers (only one left there) and finally convinced him to drop us off back at the convention center.   He ended up dropping Matt and I off at the Holiday Inn so that was cool but by then it was like 12:30.   Complete waste of an evening IMHO.  Would have much rather gone to one of the Con hotels with some of the DCSWCC folks.   Talk about hindsight.....

Oboewan

No worries, as I agree... I drove there myself... but I must say... the party... a joke... really... the bag a waster... for such a high class outfit... and such an "exclusive" party... it was such a waste that I got there like 7:15 and left by 8:15...

Best feature... the bartender closest to the food... a California Hottie indeed.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 2, 2007, 12:52 AM »

That's too bad.  It sounded like it could have been cool.

Oboewan

No worries, as I agree... I drove there myself... but I must say... the party... a joke... really... the bag a waster... for such a high class outfit... and such an "exclusive" party... it was such a waste that I got there like 7:15 and left by 8:15...

Best feature... the bartender closest to the food... a California Hottie indeed.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #52 on: June 4, 2007, 10:23 AM »
So to all you lucky individuals with coins, is anyone interested in trading coins. I bought a Luke one on ebay, and i just found out that my girlfriend was being really sweet and bought me a coin as well. Sadly, it happens to be Luke. So I have a extra Luke. I will happily trade for any other coin (besides a Stormtrooper, i have that one). Please PM me. I much rather trade than put it back on ebay.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2007, 04:32 PM »
Ok well after some work (and alot of money)...

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2007, 08:36 PM »
Looks awesome bro. Now that is am expensive piece of collecting. Congrats on completing it.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2007, 08:49 PM »
Thanks,
 your help was much appreciated.  ;D