Author Topic: C4 Collecting Track  (Read 25582 times)

Offline John J. Alvarez

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: C4 Collecting Track
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2007, 08:28 PM »
So the seller is one of the sponsors of the coins man that ain't cool wonder what the other sponsors think of this sort of thing.

But it was cool that he paid for the coin out of his own pocket, right? That sounds like a double standard to me. I don't fault him for it at all. Nobody put a gun to the two buyer's heads. Sorry to be blunt but I don't want this to turn into a debate whether people who paid out of thier own pockets have any right to sell what they paid for.

John

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2007, 01:41 AM »
Not complaining just wondering how the others felt.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2007, 01:23 PM »
So the seller is one of the sponsors of the coins man that ain't cool wonder what the other sponsors think of this sort of thing.

I don't think the sponsors should be selling these off... especially before the convention even starts.   How many "sets" have been sold so far?   That's X number of coins that won't be available to us fans that will be attending the collector panels.

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2007, 02:51 PM »
I wouldnt have minded so much if they started the auction at a reasonable price. If it ended for the same amount thats fine i just think they should have been more collector friendly. I think my main problem was the jump in the buy it now price between the first and second auction.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline John J. Alvarez

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2007, 09:46 PM »
There's actually some back and forth on RS about this. Cj pulled the $2400 one. I really can't fault him. Yes, the BINs were aggressive but nobody forced people to buy. I agree he should have waited until *after* C4 but what's done is done. At least he was understanding enough to pull the final one and wait.

I still can't wait to get mine. :)

John

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2007, 11:50 PM »
Lots of panels to see, just hope I can make it to a few.  :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2007, 02:32 AM »
I'm really bummed that the collecting panel I wanted to see the most, on the Micro Collection, is right smack dab in the middle of the "What's new at Hasbro" Q & A presentation.  I can't miss the Hasbro gig, so unfortunately the Micro Machine one's gonna have to happen some other time.  I'd like to catch Gus' presentation on Unproduced Toys as well, and after seeing those spiffy coins, I may have to get my ass to a few more panels as well!

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2007, 03:17 PM »
Two of the sponsors are Seattle collectors, so I got to see these last month at our monthly meeting. These are very hefty medallions, especially compared to the TAC plastic ones.

I want to hit as many of these panels as possible, but I think everyone else there does as well.  These things will probably be pretty packed.  ;D

Got Clones?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2007, 08:15 AM »
Have any of the coins been given out yet. I have been watching ebay but i have not seen any pop up.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2007, 07:00 AM »
Have any of the coins been given out yet. I have been watching ebay but i have not seen any pop up.

At least 7 of the 12 through 6pm today, Daniel.  I actually tried to go to one of the panels today (Duncan's at 5pm), but it was a complete cluster**** trying to get in there (sorry John).  The room holds 350 people, and I was about 100th in line to get in, but when the 4pm panel wrapped up, NO ONE LEFT!  Only about 75 people got into the next one from our line, since folks had resorted to simply "camping out" in that room for the rest of the day/convention.  Unfortunately, I think that means it's doubtful I'll be making any further efforts to get into one of these things the next couple days.  Way too demoralizing having Kellerman shut the doors almost right in my face, saying that the room was full (but then still letting in another 10 or so random folks in the ensuing minutes, right in front of all of us who had been left out.  Lots of folks cut into the line in front of me too, essentially costing me the medallion.

As for eBay, I'd be shocked if these things didn't start popping up all over it, as they're pure gold to some folks there.  Hopefully most everyone wants to keep them for themselves though, appreciating the great work these guys put into them.  They definitely look amazing, as do the European versions being handed out in London this summer...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 07:01 AM by JediMAC »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2007, 09:12 AM »
That sucks man, I am sorry you didnt get in. They should have had some rule trhat everyone had to get out and then get back on line.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2007, 09:21 PM »
So did anyone get the coins? Which did you get? ;D

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2007, 01:04 AM »
I never made it to any of the collecting panels.  I don't think my son (8 yr old) would have really tolerated them anyway.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2007, 01:11 PM »

I was able to aquire two coins.

R2 and Old Ben.

After the word got out I dropped out of the race... It was not worth it and was happy to come away with what I had.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2007, 01:57 PM »

I was able to aquire two coins.

R2 and Old Ben.

After the word got out I dropped out of the race... It was not worth it and was happy to come away with what I had.

You bastige! I can't wait to check these suckers out...  ;D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 01:57 PM by Madcow »