Author Topic: Early Bird and Series 1  (Read 137344 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: New Star Wars Kubricks...
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2003, 12:57 AM »
They also have the mini Tomy dioramas.  Series two is figures, whereas series 1 was mostly ships.  Mostly.  They are really cool little things, about 2-2 1/2" tall.  Trick is you don't know what's in each box.  I got 7 originally from a friend in Japan and never got the droids.  I finally arranged a trade for them now.  

Series 1 included:
X-wing
AT-AT with crashed snowspeeder
Millenium Falcon
R2-D2 and C3PO
Darth Vader and Stormtroopers

Series 2 includes:
Luke on Skiff
Han and Chewie
Yoda
Maul and Qui Gon
Boba Fett and Carbonite Solo

About the Kubricks, just keep me updated.  Unfortunately I am all to aware of the customs adventure we endure.  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2003, 12:58 AM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2003, 09:55 AM »
I don't think those sets are official Kubrick products are they (the Vader, Stormtroopers, Han and Luke etc)  I think those are Bootlegs...

http://www.bootlegactionfigures.com/swkubrickesb.html

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2003, 03:58 PM »
Hey, I just picked up my first Kubrick figures from the Kane County Toy Show that happened this weekend.  How exactly are you suppose to put the gun in Boba Fett's hand?  It goes in all crooked because of that long extension of the gun.  Also, why does my Boba Fett look different to the one that Dale (DSJ) got a while ago (previous post)?

Here are some pictures for everyone...

-- picture of the three boxes (Boba Fett, IG-88 and Bossk)
-- picture of Boba Fett up close
-- picture of IG-88 up close
-- picture of Bossk up close
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2003, 04:32 PM »
Also, why does my Boba Fett look different to the one that Dale (DSJ) got a while ago (previous post)?

Sweet pick up there Chris!  Did you get all 6 of them, or just those 3?  As for the Fett difference, Dale (and I) have the older "knockoff/bootleg" Kubrick figures from a year or two ago.  These aren't the officially licensed ones that are just now coming out, which are much better looking.

But, there IS a very nasty little Boba Fett Kubrick figure variation out.  Scroll down a week or so in our front page news to get the scoop on that soon to be thorn in my side!   >:(

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2003, 06:25 PM »
I was only able to get those three, because that's all that was left.  I was really hoping to get all 6 of them when I was there.  They did have a Clone Trooper Kubrick pack (can't remember if it was 4, 5 or 6 figs) for $20, but I didn't get it.  Wish I had though.

I know there's a variation of the Boba Fett, and it's the one that has red gauntlets instead of the green, right?
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2003, 06:40 PM »
Check out this news link Chris for the differences in the TWO official Kubrick Fett releases:
Kubrick Fett Variant

Jet pack and gun are also very different.  Some changes to the belt and pouches as well...

If they had Clonetrooper Kubricks at the show, then those were bootlegs/knockoffs as well, since the only officially licensed Kubricks so far have been Luke, Leia, Chewie & R2 in the Early Bird set, and then the 6 Bounty Hunters.  That's it.  But the bootlegs are kinda cool too, but will all likely soon be replaced with some much better looking official versions - so if you're just looking for the most aestheticly cool and accurate Kubrick, I'd try to hold off for the real ones which are sure to come in the not-so-distant future.  But $20 for 4 isn't too bad a price regardless...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2003, 08:57 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2003, 06:54 PM »
Well, this isn't very good news here.  Apparently these Japanese Kubrick folks really know how to mess with the whole variation theme...

As some rumors have indicated, there are indeed TWO secret variants to the Kubrick Fett (making 3 total).  The first "secret" variant has two red gauntlets, but this new one has one red and one yellow gauntlet - ala the old Vintage Boba Fett figure from way back when.  ARGH.   >:(  It also has a totally different gun from the first two, as well as red gloves and a blue color on the back of the helmet.

This variation crap is already really turning me off towards the Kubrick line.  Hope it doesn't continue, or I might just throw in the towel on this one...  If I can't manage to collect (and afford) a complete set of all releases within a particular line, then I won't collect that line at all...  Just the way I am - ALL or nothing.   :-\

Here's a picture of the 2nd secret Fett variant:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2003, 09:01 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 6, 2003, 01:18 PM »
My little Boba Fett Kubrick just came in the mail. Just like the picture in my previous post in this thread. Came in his Tin Can & factory sealed in a heat sealed baggie.
I'm very happy with it.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #38 on: May 6, 2003, 02:19 PM »
Intrigued?

Nice setup you have there!!!!  I like how you threw in that Boba Fett LEGO figure.
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: May 6, 2003, 02:26 PM »
Intrigued?  :-*

Very much so.  Cool comparison shot Scott!  Looking forward to your feature...  You still suck for getting your Kubricks WAY faster than me!   :-*  Not fair!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: May 6, 2003, 02:36 PM »
:P  Once Chris gets the images formatted, look for a review and story later this week! :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 7, 2003, 09:05 AM »
Very nice Scott. I just can't wait to get mine. Brent is in the same boat as me waiting for the shipment to arrive. Of course, I get to look at them before he does.  ;D
These will make my early Bird set complete.  :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 7, 2003, 11:42 AM »
Just you make sure I get at least six upopened you dog.  

If they aren't, I'm calling the snow gods on you again.   :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 7, 2003, 11:48 AM »
Just great. That's all I need. The Snow God's!  ;D
If it all works out, you maybe opening more than six.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 7, 2003, 12:22 PM »
And that is my hope.  The way they suggested they are going to send them probably gives us better odds than a regular sealed case.  Of course, we have no idea exactly what is coming.  Lord help us if we end up with 24 Boba Fett.  :o