A review of the AOTC Republic Gunship clone wars Deco.
With the upcoming battlepack "the hunt for grievous" there's a new toy vehicle :
The Republic gunship clone wars Deco.
The blue tiger print and the sharknose are similar too the american WWII-fighter such as the P-51 Mustang and the F6 Hellcat.... I think they used it to scare the enemy, ehm.... droids that is. In the hunt for Grievous the ARC trooper had to have a quick, powerfull and agressive ship to get the job done, so they lost the Sideturrets, added extra rockets and painted it scary, and the moral of the troopers went up.
The options on this model:
- It has 2 rotating front guns that can be used as missiles... just push the middle of the ball and fire away.
- It has 2 massdriver missile launchers, at the rop of the launchers are 2 buttons... launches 0,5 meters.
- It has 2 doors that open like a pneumatic door, very slow and quite nice. The button is a big knob on top.
- Every door has 2 extra missiles that cannot be fired but can be removed, normal gunship don't have them.
- Every wing has a ball-turret that can be rotated, but not be horizontaly moved.
- Every wing has 4 AA-missiles, they can be removed, not fired.
- It has a cargohold/deckplate that can be removed. The button is on the rear/below.
- It has a Tailgun that can be moved, not much, but it can be moved....
- It has a pilot and a frontgunner seat, but I don't know if the ROTS- pilot figures fit, i haven't tryed yet.
- It has a open entry that leads to the pilot-holl and cargobay, only the pilot-holl is not open.
- You can store a Speederbike at the rearplate, but I don't have one, so I won't know if it will ever fit.
- 2 grappeling hooks are mounted on the back/below the tailgun, you can hang figures on these.
- It comes with a small story that bonds with the Cartoon Network Starwars Clone Wars series.
Canopy with pilot/gunner seats Backside with tailgun and grappeling hook strings
Frontview doors closed Frontview doors open
Upperwing with a Ball-Turret Underwing Ball-Turret with AA-missiles
Massdriver missilelaunchers with the gray button for the doors. Door with 2 extra missiles, fire only when open!!!
The 2 massdriver missiles on display The 2 grappeling hooks on display
Deckplate loose from the ship Deckplate occupide by 2 commanders and clone
One of the negative sides of this model, is that it doesn't have 2 side turrets. I hope that they will make a battlepack/weaponspack with at least one of the turrets (2 are better of course) and a speederbike than can fit in the back. They might think of placing a newer handheld weapon or 2 (or 3/4/5/6....) so that you can make you're troopers a little more agressive when they land the ship. "the hunt for grievous" battlepack has some of these weapons, so they make the gunship look a much more cooler than normal
The positive side of this great ship is that it is big, really big and very good articulated. And also that's one the down sides, it doesn't fit in my display cabin
. If I put it on top of the cabin my birds will play with it and than I can throw it away, because it will be destroyed. Birds and Starwarstoys don't mix hey.....
If you buy this toy, keep in mind that it is not made for a mid-sized glass-cabin, but more made like a toy for childeren than a collectors item. I simpely had to have one, because the titanium gunship was too small for me, and I had to order one before the price went up. The price was 77 Euro's( About 50 Dollars).
The price/quality ratio is quite good, i give it a 4 out of 5, the paint-job and the options are 5 out of 5 and the model overall is 4 out of 5.
Also, if I get the battlepack "the hunt for grievous" next week, I will be able too have sort of complete ship.
I think I will store it in another room upstares, with all of my vintage stuff and so.
For more details and better pictures: REBELSCUM LINK