Author Topic: Heroes on NBC  (Read 39635 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes on NBC
« Reply #105 on: May 8, 2007, 02:57 AM »
SPOILERS

I think Sylar stopped Hiro one of 2 ways

-he can 'Freeze' time
-Hiro got weak because he couldn't kill-so it it was his weakness that lost his power-not Sylar's doing at all.

I DO like John's theory for the virus on Sylar- wonder if the show producer's thought of that one though :P

I think the sword his dad has is a better unbreakable one and his dad will make Hiro into a fearless warrior too.

DS

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 8, 2007, 10:11 PM »
SPOILERS

I think Sylar stopped Hiro one of 2 ways

-he can 'Freeze' time
-Hiro got weak because he couldn't kill-so it it was his weakness that lost his power-not Sylar's doing at all.

I DO like John's theory for the virus on Sylar- wonder if the show producer's thought of that one though :P

I think the sword his dad has is a better unbreakable one and his dad will make Hiro into a fearless warrior too.

DS

SPOILERS

I think explanation #2 is correct.  Sylar has no power over time - if he did, he would just freeze time when killing his victims or at least stop anyone from running away.  Makes more sense that Hiro lost control - he has admitted that he doesn't really have much control over his powers.

Personally, I can't wait for Sylar to get his due.  They've done a great job of making him the guy to hate.  I'm worried about him becomming too powerful at this point.  I'm still not sure about who's going to explode, if anyone.  I'll be surprised if its Ted - he seems to be gaining so much more control over his power.  I still don't get what Linderman and company hope to gain out of killing off a million people.  They could easily expose that people have powers if they wanted to and they'll have Nathan in the president's office, so what more do they want? 

Here's a big Spoiler guess for you.......................................I think Linderman is going to use Micah to control the voting results for the election, which is how Nathan gets elected despite being so far behind in the polls.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 9, 2007, 10:51 AM »
Your guess is dead on.  Micah is needed to rig the election.  I think Ted is the exploding man because I can see him losing control when Sylar comes after him and starts cutting away.  Or maybe not.  Like I have said, part of the fun of this show is guessing what will happen next.  Peter and Hiro need to hang around Ted for a while to protect him from Sylar.  It is possible that the exploding man is someone we haven't seen yet, though. 
I have been thinking that maybe Hiro's dad has the real sword Hiro has been chasing and the one Linderman had was a copy.  Maybe we will also find out that the samurai who had it possessed the super gene and that sword has some of his power left in it.
I also agree that Hiro lets Sylar go because he really wasn't ready to kill.  I was at first thinking that maybe Sylar's TK protected him, but it looked like the mom fell down when Hiro took a swing, so time must have started up again.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 9, 2007, 03:32 PM »
I wish the major heroes that we know about all knew about each other.  Peter has the perfect opportunity to kill Sylar. He absorbs Molly's and Ted's powers.  Thinks of where Sylar is, flys there, turns invisible to sneak up on him, uses Hiro's power to freeze time and then Ted's to vaporize him.  Problem solved.

He'd also have Parkman's power to read his mind to get a jump on him and Claire's power to heal so he can battle with him if he has to.  I think it's interesting, though, that Peter and Sylar are probably the two most powerful people we've met so far because Sylar is so bat-**** insane and Peter is kind of timid (although not as bad as Hiro at this point).

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 9, 2007, 09:34 PM »
Any guesses on what Peter and NAthan's mom can do?  Or Linderman's power?  I know he can heal things, but is that it?  Maybe he can regenerate cells and he's super old.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 9, 2007, 11:46 PM »
I think Mrs Petrelli can see the future, possibly in her dreams like Dream Girl from the LSH.  Peter was dreaming things about the future even before he met Isaac, so my guess is that he absorbed his mom's ability.  Linderman may be able to bring the dead back in addition to healing the sick/dying.  Why he doesn't heal Molly is a mystery.  Maybe the OWI infected her so they could use Mohinder to find a way to kill the virus. 

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2007, 09:20 AM »
I think it would be interesting for them to say people with the super gene have been around forever and that all myths were stories told about those people, so Zeus, Thor, Isis and their like were all "Heroes".  People like Isaac dreamt up or saw their adventures and either wrote them down or started spreading the stories orally.  That's my crazy idea of the day.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2007, 01:19 PM »
that would be cool for them to find a modern day Palpatine lightening wielding Zeus type of guy. ;D

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2007, 02:06 PM »
Funny you should mention that.  They had a guy who used lightning in the last two online graphic novels. 

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2007, 03:28 PM »
Did they? I've yet to view any of the graphic novels :-\.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2007, 07:20 PM »
Did they? I've yet to view any of the graphic novels :-\.

Me too, I havent been able to access them. I am yet to see the last episode, I tivo'ed it.  :(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2007, 01:42 PM »
Maybe we will also find out that the samurai who had it possessed the super gene and that sword has some of his power left in it.
I'm of the opinion that we're eventually going to find out that samurai was Hiro (or maybe Sulu).

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2007, 08:47 AM »
Another solid epsiode last night.  Good to see Hiro's dad is still a good guy.  I have no idea what his power is.  I thought he was going to tell Hiro that he was the samurai who used to own the sword. 

"My father is my hero."  Nathan's dad probably didn't kill himself.  I am guessing he found out what Linderman was up to and was bumped off, possibly betrayed by his wife who is an ice queen. 

Sad to see DL on his deathbed, although it looked like he would still be alive next week.  No love lost for Eric Roberts or Linderman.  Also sad to see Ted go.  I wanted him to put up more of a fight with Sylar.

Parkman again gets knocked around.  He is one clumsy oaf.  How the Hell he ever became a cop is a mystery. 

Peter and Sylar's fight may very well end in Peter's death.  I am guessing that Mohinder will show up with a syringe of the virus and shut Sylar down with it after he and Bennet agree to work together and take Molly away from the OWI. 

I wonder if we will see what Candace really looks like when she dies.  I am guessing she looks somewhat like Rosie O Donnell.

Good to hear that NBC will give us 30 episodes of Heroes along with Heroes: Origins next season.  That should help keep up interest in the series and keep the ratings up for them, plus it will get viewers involved with character selection.  Six episodes of Origins with six new Heroes for the viewers to vote on is a great idea by NBC.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2007, 02:04 PM »
I thought last night's episode was terrific!  I was a little bothered that they offed so many people in one show, who knows if they're all truly dead.  I was happy to see Ted go - he was sort of a wasted character IMO.  I'm indifferent on Linderman and Eric Roberts - They both died pretty senselessly and its nice to have some bad guys around other than Sylar.  Will be interesting to see who replaces ER at the agency and I'm just not convinced that Linderman is gone.  He's involved in almost every episode - I think it would be a shame if that plot line just vanished. 

As for Sylar, I think he'll kill Ando and that will finally drive hiro to slice him.  I don't think that will kill him though - he seems almost as indestructible as Peter despite not having Claire's power.  I think Sylar and Peter will have to face off at some point, but I don't know if that will come next week.  Peter seems fairly indestructible given that he survived the shard of glass through his brain and Future Peter survived the explosion that took out New York.  I don't get why Future Pete had a scar though - if he had the healing factor, then the scar shouldn't have been there. 

Definitely looking forward to next week!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2007, 03:59 PM »
I think that future Peter left the scar to remind him of something.  His failure to kill Sylar, the fact he blew up NY...something. 

I was surprised about Linderman but not DL or any of the others that got capped last night.  Ted should have known what was coming and gone nuclear on Sylar, it's not like he couldn't have melted his way out of restraints to defend himself.

With him deak that really only leaves Hiro and Peter that have the ability to kill Sylar.  Claire could assist by delivering Mohinders virus to shut him down, maybe, but I don't think she could kill him.  I'm guessing that someone is going to explode next week and that's going to be the ending we have to think about for the summer.

And as much as I love this show, that's just going to piss me off.   :P

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"