Author Topic: Heroes on NBC  (Read 39366 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes on NBC
« Reply #150 on: October 2, 2007, 10:26 PM »
Hmm....I didn't know that he shared all the secrets with her.  So-just what is the power of the twins???

I was wondering the same thing. I think that when Allejandro gets angry or scared, anyone around Maya dies with blood spilling out of their eyes. However, another possibility is that Maya does this to people and just can't control it, and Allejandro has the ability to heal Maya's victims.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 5, 2007, 04:51 PM »
IMO Maya has a power like Ted.  It is destructive when not controlled and people will die.  Alejandro can help stabilize her and can heal the poison/virus/whatever she creates.  I wonder if he can heal other stuff as well?  Methinks he will be killed off and Maya will have to learn control or else.  Angela likes to get around, huh?  Hiro could be her son and it wouldn't shock me.  Decent first episode, better second IMO.  Journeyman is also a must see show IMO.  I tried Chuck and didn't like it , though.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 5, 2007, 05:27 PM »
I'm not very excited about Chuck either.  Can't tell if its the show or all of the hoopla and media blitz the amped up my expectations.

A lesser advertised, but pretty fun new show is Reaper, about a guy who has to go work for the devil as of his 21st birthday because his parents sold his soul before he was born.  His hilarious sidekick is the chubby funny brother from the cancelled Invasion series - think Jack Black meets Christian Slater.  I can't stop laughing between that guy and the mortal incarnation of "The Devil."
« Last Edit: October 5, 2007, 05:28 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 6, 2007, 10:44 AM »
I Tivo'ed that new show Pushing Daisies on ABC and it was very funny and very different. I hope it stays this good (it probably won't :-\).

I think Chuck is okay, I'll probably start watching it because it's on before Heroes.

Bionic Woman, however, was pretty lame I think. I don't plan on watching any more of that.  :P

Angela likes to get around, huh?  Hiro could be her son and it wouldn't shock me.  Decent first episode, better second IMO. 

I was thinking the exact same thing.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2007, 10:46 AM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 9, 2007, 09:33 AM »
Another great episode last night.

*SPOLIER ALERT*

I knew DL's death was coming, even though it didn't seem like it at the end of last season.

Kandace came back and got her head open by Sylar with a 'have a nice day' mug. It turns out Kandace's true form was a very fat woman. Sylar is also infected by the virus.

The guy who stole Clair's car is driving Allejandro and Maya around in Mexico.

According to painting 8/8, HRG is doomed.

And Micah has been sent to live with Uhura.

Very eventful episode, I though it was the best new one so far.  :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 9, 2007, 11:51 AM »
Each episode has been better than the last.  I am guessing DL had the virus.  I liked that character, but at least his power lives on in Peter.  Candice/Michelle's origin story was posted in the online graphic novels.  Her real name was Betty.  I wonder if she is truly dead.  If she is, then she was stupid to get that close to Sylar.  The company apparently wants him for something.  Good catch on the car.  I didn't notice that. 

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 9, 2007, 03:55 PM »
Is DL really dead? Or..for some reason, is his death faked?-I think it's possible though I can't find a reason yet for faking his death.

I think it's another reason 'the company' wanted a cure to the virus so they could use it on sylar to study him more. Either they purposely sent sylar there with the changeling so he could take her ability by design or they underestimated him severely(where the hell are they anyway? South, central america or an island?).

I have a growing suspicion that Kensei is the REALLY bad guy or, another bad guy)and that he is killing the former people(like Hiro's dad) off. He seemed self-seduced to the possible power route when he realized he couldn't be hurt. He totally could be still alive if he has this healing ability.

I wonder if somewhere along the line 'the company' drew DNA from Kensei and HRG injected it into the cheerleader. Her new 'flying ability' partner's story about the injection opens up alot of possibilties to other heroes having same abilities. There's alot we don't know about 'the company's endeavors in the past and present.

DS

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2007, 07:34 AM »
Each episode has been better than the last.  I am guessing DL had the virus.  I liked that character, but at least his power lives on in Peter.  Candice/Michelle's origin story was posted in the online graphic novels.  Her real name was Betty.  I wonder if she is truly dead.  If she is, then she was stupid to get that close to Sylar.  The company apparently wants him for something.  Good catch on the car.  I didn't notice that. 

DL's death was also on the net through Linderman's hotel website.  If you have been to Hana Gittleman's (the woman who can move through the internet that debuted in Ted Sprague's hut last season) website (samantha48616e61.com), she has taken over Linderman's hotel website (just do a search for Daniel Linderman and you'll find the site).  She has on-line chats with Micah (similar to what was in the comics) and chat number two had Micah mention that he lost his dad before the episode aired.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2007, 10:19 AM »
I have to say I am a bit disappointed with this season so far. Its feels like its lacking that umph and has some inconsistencies. How did Hiro fit a novel in a sword too.

Anyone else feel underwhelmed by this season so far?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2007, 06:02 PM »
I have to say I am a bit disappointed with this season so far. Its feels like its lacking that umph and has some inconsistencies. How did Hiro fit a novel in a sword too.

Anyone else feel underwhelmed by this season so far?

I thought the season started off well, but this last episode was a bit lackluster for me.  They're moving the story forward with the picture of all the old heroes showing up and Sylar meeting the Mexican twins, but it feels like a little too much set up.  How the heck did Sylar get to Mexico?  What will happen when Claire's boyfriend meets her dad? Who is killing off the old heroes?  When will Hiro return?  What happened to Nathan and his marriage?  Where the heck is Nikki?  What's the story behind the company and the virus?  And they're bringing in another new hero next week?  I like multiple plot lines, but I think they're trying to cover too much, and it shows when a bunch of these storylines are not progressing each week.  Still one of my favorite shows though.   :D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2007, 09:16 PM »
I think this season has been excellent, with each episode getting better and better every week.

**SPOILER ALERT**

Last time we saw Sylar he was in the middle of a forest, which was probably in Mexico, and he did a lot of walking until he ended up dehydrated/exhausted on the side of the road.

I think the new hero from this week (Uhura's granddaughter) is a decent character with an interesting power.

I doubt that Parkman's dad is the 'Nightmare Boogie Monster Man' from Molly's dreams. I bet that he's gonna end up being a hostage of the real bad guy, used to distract Parkman while Nikki/Jessica goes in working for Bob (King Midas) and gets rid of relatively unguarded Molly. I think the real bad guy is gonna end up being Kensei. That would make a lot of sense. The symbols in her drawings, the fact that there wasn't a scratch on the killer after he jumped off the roof with Sulu, it all points to him in my opinion.

I bet Veronica Mars (next week's new hero) will be working for Nathan Petrelli and searching for Peter. And I bet this will lower the Irish family's life expectancy when they try to defend him from her.

Another great episode...although I am getting REALLY tired of Claire and West. Boring characters with bad actors.  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2007, 09:43 PM »
I think I read that they're going to do an ep that covers the missing 4 months.  Sort of like the Six Months Ago ep from season 1.

On another note, though, next week is a great week for Kristen Bell fans.  She's making her debut on Heroes and season 3 of Veronica Mars drops!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2007, 10:25 PM »
I think the real bad guy is gonna end up being Kensei. That would make a lot of sense. The symbols in her drawings, the fact that there wasn't a scratch on the killer after he jumped off the roof with Sulu, it all points to him in my opinion.

I mentioned that earlier too. Though I think they're are 3 new bad guys...

Sylar
?Kensei?
Nightmare man

I think this 'nightmare' man has an ability that he can appear to folks in their meditations and dreams as a real entity..though he really isn't there..a sort of 'sandman' if you will. Hard to tell if the bad guy Molly sees is Kensei or this new Nightmare guy.

I think this other unknown nightmare/sandman guy attacked Peters' mom in the cell- through a dream, he could have attacked Hiro's father by jumping off the balcony with him(He wouldn't really die since he's not really there-just a dream form)- I think he tries to enter Molly's mind too-he knows she can find him.

I think it's possible the nightmare man will be long gone and Parkman will find his dead father after the nightmare man was there and killed him.

Interestingly enough though it appears as if Peter could become a new bad guy in the preview. I really don't like the flood of new heroes into the show. I fully expect to see many of last seasons' Heroes killed off to make way for the newly introduced ones--which(I better like them or this show is gonna tank quick for me).

Seems right now that some areas are progressing too slowly for me while others are progressing too quickly. Luckily, I still have interest..but it's beginning to wane.

DS

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2007, 10:21 PM »
Seems right now that some areas are progressing too slowly for me while others are progressing too quickly. Luckily, I still have interest..but it's beginning to wane.
DS

I agree. While episode 4 picked up a bit there are too many story lines going on at once. I will hang in there but I do not want to meet new heroes every week. Lets work with the great characters that were introduced and stick with them more than one season.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2007, 03:47 PM »
Well at least we now know who Peter got those electrocity powers from.  Looking forward to the flashback first meeting between him and evil Veronica Mars.
Common sense isn't so common