Author Topic: Heroes on NBC  (Read 39646 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Heroes on NBC
« on: December 7, 2006, 11:17 PM »
Who else is watching this AMAZING show? I am HOOKED and ADDICTED! I love it, love it, love it! Please tell me a ton of you guys are watching this, this is quality television! Discuss your burning questions, theories, and favorite heroes.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes on NBC
« Reply #1 on: December 8, 2006, 11:14 AM »
I don't know that you'll find a ton.. but I absoluteley am addicted to it.
You can't miss even one episode or your screwed from trying to follow along though. I missed one episode early on and was lost until I discovered SCi-FI re-airs the latest show later in the week-then I got caught up-whew.

Sylar is my favorite character..I enjoy his manical-sithlike style and watching him kill folks- excellent.

was tripped up by the season end monday though :-\. why is the younger brother getting sick now? He seemed to get sick when horned-rimmed-glasses guy was talking to him in the cell. What was up with his 'vision' at the end too?
Does he become the nuclear holocaust after stealing radiation man's abilities? I'm glad they finally revealed the Haitian's ability--mind wiping...I was getting impatient waiting for that too. How was Sylar able to defeat that girls' suggestion power(jedi mind trick)...is it because he knocked her out of the box before she uttered the last syllable?

A great show

favorite characters in order

Sylar
Mohinder
younger brother   ?name?
Cop                       ?name?
Isaac
Hido  ?Hiro?

That scene this week in the Cop interview where the younger brother gets the cops' mind read ability was awesome, cleverly designed.

Nobody is allowed to talk to me while that show(Then Heroes) is on in my home.

The DS
« Last Edit: December 8, 2006, 02:42 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 8, 2006, 07:32 PM »
yes, i think younger brother (peter) has maybe been in contact with radiation man sometime before and either hasnt brought it up yet or was wiped by Haitian guy. i think its a bummer that persuasion girl died. but there are three theories in my house about this, because in the preview it showed Sylar on the floor in his cell:

1) it made it look like she killed herself to avoid letting sylar get her ability
2) sylar shot her and will get her ability
3) or, my theory, she shot sylar and hes on the floor caause of that, and will regenerate (heal).

my favorites are probably nikki/jessica, i always enjoy her scenes, and sylar, very kool.

as for the cop, his name is matt, i think. i bet hes gonna divorce and get with FBI girl.

cant wait for january 22nd!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 8, 2006, 07:38 PM »
Did you see how he was looking off into space when the gun moved..it seemed as though he was looking for a safe place to shoot her so he could..*gasp* get her ability out of her brain safely? :o

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 8, 2006, 07:46 PM »
Did you see how he was looking off into space when the gun moved..it seemed as though he was looking for a safe place to shoot her so he could..*gasp* get her ability out of her brain safely? :o

OH NO! Sylar with the ability to get anything he wants! That'd be pretty bad for our heroes. However, itd be pretty hard to get the ability if that blood splatterted everywhere was from the brain. But we dont know clearly who was holding the gun and which direction it was pointing and whose blood that was...

I wonder if Peter picked up any of Sylar's powers when they were fighting. Sylar's chocful of them. Hey! Maybe we havent seen radiation man in so long because Sylar killed him and took his power, and that's where Peter got it.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 8, 2006, 08:00 PM »
I disagree..it seems and even Peter said to his brother and the cheerleader..that he only gets their ability when they're near him.

However, it would be a plot error if his recent sickness he has is from radiation man..especially without him nearby. I would dislike that aspect of the show if that were true. It may be however, especially if you refer to his dream/vision with him going nuclear--there's no radiation man in sight..not good.

TheDS

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 9, 2006, 11:36 AM »
OH NO! Sylar with the ability to get anything he wants! That'd be pretty bad for our heroes. However, itd be pretty hard to get the ability if that blood splatterted everywhere was from the brain. But we dont know clearly who was holding the gun and which direction it was pointing and whose blood that was...

I wonder if Peter picked up any of Sylar's powers when they were fighting. Sylar's chocful of them. Hey! Maybe we havent seen radiation man in so long because Sylar killed him and took his power, and that's where Peter got it.

Read the online comic.  Eden killed herself so Sylar wouldn't get her power, plus it shows how they keep Sylar from leaving.

I think Peter got sick from his contact with Sylar, who knows how many powers he has.  It could be overload for Peter and thus his sickness.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 9, 2006, 11:38 AM »

Read the online comic.  Eden killed herself so Sylar wouldn't get her power, plus it shows how they keep Sylar from leaving.

I think Peter got sick from his contact with Sylar, who knows how many powers he has.  It could be overload for Peter and thus his sickness.

i will have to read that comic. cool!

your peter sickness theory sounds pretty possible. maybe there's an 'induce sickness' power like Oppo Rancisis has or something.  :o
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 9, 2006, 09:58 PM »
Heroes is an awesome show. For those who have not seen it or have missed an episode,you can watch it online on your PC.  ;)  Tho subtitled, it plays in english.

Heroes Linky

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 11:33 AM »
My Take on the future of the show. I believe Sylar will be killed by Peter.
Somehow I think Peter will have an encounter with Sylar killing or getting ready to kill radiation man--I think he will gain the rads ability and fry Sylar to a crisp.

On the 'Peter vision'  --You see Peter's brother approaching him in the end as it looks like Peter is going Nuclear. I think what happens here is Peter cannot control the rads power and his brother and him devise a plan to fly up into the outer atmospheres together to safely detonate the man-bomb while sacrificing themselves.

We'll see ;)

DS

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 03:23 PM »
We've really been enjoying this show too, and watching it from the beginning.  Its interesting to finally learn a little more about Sylar, and the ended the first "half" of the season on a nice note with that Peter's vision cliffhanger.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 05:59 PM »
Somehow I think Peter will have an encounter with Sylar killing or getting ready to kill radiation man--I think he will gain the rads ability and fry Sylar to a crisp.

On the 'Peter vision'  --You see Peter's brother approaching him in the end as it looks like Peter is going Nuclear. I think what happens here is Peter cannot control the rads power and his brother and him devise a plan to fly up into the outer atmospheres together to safely detonate the man-bomb while sacrificing themselves.

We'll see ;)

DS

I think this is where the whole "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" comes in.  Maybe it's possible for Peter to absorb everyones power to stop radiation man.  Think of this way, by themselves they can't but with all their powers combined they can. 

My theory revolves around Peter taking everyones power:
Issac; past/future reader - Peter can see how it will happen
Miccah; technology wiz - ?
Nikki; evil side - Peter is by default a pushover, this will give him the power to do what needs to be done
DL; phasing - access inside RM
Hiro; time - slow dow time or stop time to get to RM
Matt; mind reader - know what RM is thinking
Nathan; fly - take RM away
Claire; healing - heal himself after the explosion

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 10:56 PM »

We'll see ;)

DS

I think this is where the whole "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" comes in.  Maybe it's possible for Peter to absorb everyones power to stop radiation man.  Think of this way, by themselves they can't but with all their powers combined they can. 

My theory revolves around Peter taking everyones power:
Issac; past/future reader - Peter can see how it will happen
Miccah; technology wiz - ?
Nikki; evil side - Peter is by default a pushover, this will give him the power to do what needs to be done
DL; phasing - access inside RM
Hiro; time - slow dow time or stop time to get to RM
Matt; mind reader - know what RM is thinking
Nathan; fly - take RM away
Claire; healing - heal himself after the explosion

good theory. i also have thought ando has a power from day 1 that haznt been revealed, and maybe symone has one too, it showed her in his vision.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 04:16 PM »
I think those two figures are powerless, friend/lover fill-in elements to the program

Wasn't that Simone chic in a love triangle with Peter and Issaac?

Maybe she's some sexual goddess power type :P ::)

Yep, that it! Her plan is to seduce RM :o ;D

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 07:29 PM »
monday!!!!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com