Author Topic: Heroes on NBC  (Read 39364 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes on NBC
« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2008, 10:12 PM »
Okay, I've been watching this show right along and my opinion from week one has not changed.  I'm not enjoying the season, I think there are a lot of things wrong with the plot, the characters and their motivations and there still seems like there's a general lack of focus for where the plot's going.

So, someone, tell me why I'm wrong.  Tell me I'm missing some key point to what's going on and why this season isn't as bad as I think it is.

E...

Spoiler ----- at least Mya is gone...for now.
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 28, 2008, 09:43 PM »
The season got off to a slow start, but the last 3 weeks WOW! Everything came together with Mr.P and his goon squad.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2008, 09:48 PM »
The season got off to a slow start, but the last 3 weeks WOW! Everything came together with Mr.P and his goon squad.

Agree that Nathan, Parkman, and Hiro's storyline's are all a little boring.  I thought the start of the season was a little slow, but last few episodes have had great cliffhangers and seem to be moving plot along much faster.  Just hope they can keep up the pace for the rest of the season.

Does anyone else like Sylar as a good guy?  Kind of reminds me of wolverine - a little savage and walks the line of good guy/bad guy, but struggling to be good.  I think he's the most developed character this year.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 28, 2008, 10:38 PM »
I just wounder which "hero" is going to be the one scarfice themselves to get rid of Mr.P? Sylar the only one left that has the power to take him down? Or will it take all of them working together to off him?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 28, 2008, 11:13 PM »
I think the Petrellis stuff has actually been pretty cool/interesting, but everything else is still crap (Mohinder, Hiro, TRACY, etc.). I hope the upcoming "flashback" episode does a good job explaining things, because I'm quickly losing interest in this show. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2008, 11:15 PM »
Spoiler ----- at least Mya is gone...for now.

Or not...

>:(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 5, 2009, 09:41 AM »
Sounds like Darth Maul could be on his way to Heroes.

Personally, I've sort of been losing interest in the show - but I might consider tuning in to check out Ray Park's role.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #217 on: June 5, 2009, 10:28 AM »
It says Robert Knepper is joining the cast as well.  He was fantastic in Prison Break.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 5, 2009, 05:47 PM »
Does anyone know a good internet site to catch up on episodes from last season?  I got busy with work and missed the last 4-5 episodes.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 6, 2009, 11:35 AM »
You didn't miss much.

Have you ever noticed how they have to kill Nathan at the end of every season?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 6, 2009, 12:12 PM »
Although I loathed Volumes Two and Three, the last chunk of episodes wasn't that bad and got me interested again just before I was about to stop watching.

But if they bring Nathan back after that, I'm probably done watching for good. ::)

And Justin, hulu.com is great for catching up. I use it a lot and I love it. Hope this helps! :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 6, 2009, 04:17 PM »
And Justin, hulu.com is great for catching up. I use it a lot and I love it. Hope this helps! :)

Thanks - I'll check it out!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 22, 2009, 10:40 AM »
Whew, I really had to dig to find this thread. I knew there had to be one though.

Is anyone still watching this show? I think it has been going downhill steadily (last season was more like falling off a cliff really) but the 2 new eps last night seemed promising.

I just wish they could have given Darth Maul a power that would have allowed him to exercise some of his prodigious martial arts skills. Have the writers REALLY run out of new powers to give characters already? We've done the Speedster thing. Also the time travel thing.

Was anyone else disappointed that the chick Claire supposedly gets freaky with this season is so appallingly unattractive? ZERO SIZZLE.

Knepper was pretty good. Glad they finally kicked Danko to the curb - that should have happened last season.

I'm already sick of Sylar again. Why not just call the show "All About Sylar" and be done with it?

If they're going to go all Carnivale this year, we needs a Clancy Brown cameo!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 22, 2009, 11:03 AM »
Well it's currently on the dvr waiting to be watched. I'll see how it goes and probably remove it if it doesn't go anywhere like last season. They are on borrowed time.

On a separate note, I went to Universal Studios Holleywood last saturday and they hyped that show with billboards all over the place. The special effects show showed how they do Heiro's time stop and Clairs healing after nuclear man blewup in Clair's house in season two. The host asked if anyone watched Heroes. He was greated with very quiet applause.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 22, 2009, 11:13 AM »
I can sum up last night's episodes for me in one word:

Boring.

I kept looking at the clock to see if it was over yet and it seemed like the show kept getting longer and longer and longer.

I don't care about Sylar anymore.  The writers ****** up and made that character too powerful while zapping all of our heroes.  And now they just have him as the go-to bad guy.  but he's a terrible bad guy.  he has no plan to dominate the world, he's not looking to get rich or pick up hot chicks.  He just kills people.  That doesn't make a good villain to hang your series on.  that's the kind of villain you spend, at most, 1 season tracking down then you kill him and move on to something new.

This season only picks up six weeks after last season.  Claire getting a GED and then into college in 6 weeks is pretty unbelievable.  Her mother already hooking up with a new guy that she wasn't already involved with?  It's just weak storytelling. 

The carnival angle is new and could possibly be fresh.  Other than that?  They need to mix things up.  New characters, get rid of some dead wood, and that includes Sylar at this point.  My favorite character from the first season was Hiro.  Period.  But they screwed him up so much over the last season and a half that I can't stand to watch his segments now, get rid of him.  Niki/Tracy/whoever, she needs to go.  I'm glad Danko is gone, that's a start, now they need to finish cleaning things out.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"