Author Topic: Guitar Hero / Rock Band  (Read 50488 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Guitar Hero / Rock Band
« on: December 8, 2006, 01:35 PM »
Who else loves/likes this game? Anyone not like it?
I was skeptical about playing a ridulous video game with a child-like guitar and how stupid that could be until...I tried it out; now, I'm hooked. They even now are selling flying V style guitars at retailers that are wireless to add in the fun!

My favorite song on GHII is Freezepop's-- Less Talk More Rokk. Freebird is a nice one too but extremely hard to do. I'm envious at my Lil Brother he's an expert at the game >:(. Even Wolfmothers' Woman song on the game is 'knocked out of the box' by him on expert level :P.

A fun game though ;) :D

The DS
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 01:22 PM by Jeff »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Guitar Hero I or II
« Reply #1 on: December 8, 2006, 02:36 PM »
I played the first one at a friend's earlier in the year and absolutely loved it.  I swore off buying the sequel when it came out last month, opting to wait for the 360 version instead, but then I got a gift card a week later which was too much for a regular game, and too little for anything else, so I broke down and bought GHII.

I've five-starred all of Easy and Medium, have finished Hard, and am about halfway through Expert.  Going back through and trying to five-star Hard and improve on Expert.  Favorite songs to play are War Pigs, Jessica, the second half of Free Bird, and (of course) Sweet Child.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 8, 2006, 02:39 PM »
I first played it at my Bro's pad. Once I started playing I couldn't stop..I thought I was playing against the devil...OK, not really :P.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 8, 2006, 03:08 PM »
Enlighten me - if you master Guitar Hero, does that mean you could play a real guitar? 

In other words, does the guitar included with the game mimick a real guitar in regards to 'strings?'

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 8, 2006, 03:35 PM »
Enlighten me - if you master Guitar Hero, does that mean you could play a real guitar? 

In other words, does the guitar included with the game mimick a real guitar in regards to 'strings?'

I don't think you could play a real guitar afterwards. There's 5 different colored buttons(instead of strings) on the neck that you have to follow(sort of like Dance Dance Revolution).

I've played this at Best Buy and I like it. Im thinking about getting it for myself for Christmas.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #5 on: December 8, 2006, 03:39 PM »

You tell me:

Six strings and twenty-something frets compared to one "string" and five frets.  You do the math.

Put it this way:  Guitar Hero helps you learn to play guitar in the same way that Madden 2007 helps you learn to play professional football.

« Last Edit: December 8, 2006, 03:42 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 8, 2006, 03:52 PM »
That's why it's what it is..a game, that's alot of fun. At least I can pretend I can play a real guitar while I'm into the game. I don't expect to even think I could play a real guitar afterwards. I read testimony from actual bands/groups that played the game and they even loved it-- and they know how to play a real guitar...know it doesn't mean it's for everyone though.

I already admitted I thought it was stupid before I tried it..I mean, look at that POS guitar..it looks like Fisher-Price made it for a video game(actually that one looks extra ****** because it doesn't have the enhancing stickers on it :-X). After I actually played the game I changed my tune. You really are only looking at the screen, not the funny guitar when you play...kinda like Kareoke with an instrument and in the Dance revolution format as Rob mentioned.

DS

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #7 on: December 8, 2006, 04:34 PM »
I already admitted I thought it was stupid before I tried it..I mean, look at that POS guitar..it looks like Fisher-Price made it for a video game(actually that one looks extra ****** because it doesn't have the enhancing stickers on it :-X)

Bah.  My buddy put a couple of those cheesy stickers on his black SG, and not only were the stickers bad enough as it is, but they started peeling off after a few weeks, which made it look even worse.  So, no goofy stickers on my red SG.

No, if I ever modify mine, it'll be like something you'd see here:

Hero Gallery

Some of the **** these guys have done to their guitars is just insane:

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 8, 2006, 04:43 PM »
Insanity's right!

Those look hand painted! Have you seen the new wireless flying V guitar sold at retail yet..the one I saw was white. I like that Punisher theme Guitar..my Favorite Super Hero!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 8, 2006, 04:45 PM »
Damn, I just played this game for the first time today at school. It's awesome. Although I'm debating if I should pick it up after Christmas (where it'll probably be cheaper) or have my dad teach me to play a real guitar.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #10 on: December 8, 2006, 05:05 PM »
Those look hand painted! Have you seen the new wireless flying V guitar sold at retail yet..the one I saw was white.

I've seen it online.  It's cool, but it's third-party, which is too bad, 'cause I only get first-party stuff.

Red Octane just released this wireless model, though, for sixty bucks:

And here's the new X-Plorer model that will be coming with the 360 version sometime next year:

Not sure if that one's gonna be wireless or not, though.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2006, 05:19 PM by Matt »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 8, 2006, 05:11 PM »
I'll have to look that one up(Xplorer);all got was a red X.

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 04:00 AM »
I finished through Medium on GH1. I'm just not quick enough for anything more, which is fine. My friend bought GH2 and brought it over. The graphics are much better, and even have HDTV settings to accomodate for lag, etc. As far as favorite songs, "Woman" is a lot of fun, and I purchase the All That Remains and Shadows Fall songs from the shop.

The vocals for "Mother" are atrocious. Just terrible.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 01:22 PM »
Damn, there's barely any love in here for real guitars.  So I'll show ya mine!  ;D

And here's the real money maker!!!

It might be as old as Brent.  On second thought, I think he's older, but this is probably older than a lot of people on the forum.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 05:00 PM »
I love this game, real fun for when your friends come over and such. I still love my real guitar, but playin this game is too much fun. :P