Author Topic: Guitar Hero / Rock Band  (Read 50315 times)

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Re: Guitar Hero
« Reply #45 on: September 5, 2007, 10:59 AM »
Do we know if the GH 'guitar' will be compatible with Rock Band?

I don't think so. The pics I saw of the RB Strat had 2 sets of 5 buttons, a low set and a high set. Now this could be for kids/adults but then again it could be to make the game more challenging...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #46 on: September 5, 2007, 04:28 PM »
Do we know if the GH 'guitar' will be compatible with Rock Band?

The Gibson SG controllers will be compatible with Rock Band, yes.  (Which makes sense, since those games were all done by the same developer.)  So if you bought the GH II bundle today, the guitar should work with Rock Band.

We don't know if the Fender Strat included with Rock Band will work with any of the GH games, and we don't know if the new Les Paul/Kramer guitars included with GH III will work with the other GH games or Rock Band.    I'm kind of assuming that they'll probably all work together, but you never know.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #47 on: October 4, 2007, 01:41 PM »
Where should a newbie start in regards to Guitar Hero?  Should I buy the GH2 set with game and guitar?

Is wireless the way to go?

Are you a guitar hero yet?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 4, 2007, 02:16 PM »
Nope. 

I am taking your advice and waiting it out.

Actually, I'm thinking now might be the time to pull the trigger on a new console....my PS2 is acting pretty ****** these days - it won't play games that aren't on DVD's.

Time for a PS3?

:-X

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 4, 2007, 03:16 PM »
Actually, I'm thinking now might be the time to pull the trigger on a new console....my PS2 is acting pretty ****** these days - it won't play games that aren't on DVD's.

Time for a PS3?

:-X

I bought my Ps2 in 01 and it stopped playing the CD games in 03.  It still plays the DVD games and movies well, but there's some vertical lines that show through on the left side of my screen when I play a game/movie.  It might be nice to someday own a "real" DVD player.

I'm waiting another year or two for the prices to fall again, though the Wii is quite tempting.

...Oh and Guitar Hero looks like a blast   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2007, 03:34 PM »

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2007, 05:09 PM »
Time for a PS3?

RUINER -

BILL posted this over on RS. 

20% off coupon for Kmart this week

Don't know if you have a KMart in your area, but using the 20% off coupon on the 40GB PS3 priced at $399 will cost you $319 only.  Also, the 80GB PS3 for $499 would only be $399, the price of the 40GB PS3.

Don't forget the 40GB PS3 does not play PS2 games tho.
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2007, 05:20 PM »
Betcha that coupon works just as well on the XBox 360. . .
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 05:33 PM by Matt »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2007, 05:43 PM »
Hmmm, I'm still considering it as I've been on a Madden kick lately.

The way my luck works they will be sold out and/or not accept copies of the coupon.

Thanks for the tip though.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2007, 09:42 AM »
Betcha that coupon works just as well on the XBox 360. . .

Sure, but everyone always complains about the price of the PS3 as the reason not to buy one.  $399 for a 80GB is the cheapest ever for the biggest version of the PS3.
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2007, 10:27 AM »
Sure, but everyone always complains about the price of the PS3 as the reason not to buy one.

"The" reason?  As in, the only reason?  The fact that there ain't **** to play on it doesn't count?

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2007, 11:07 AM »
Sure, but everyone always complains about the price of the PS3 as the reason not to buy one.

"The" reason?  As in, the only reason?  The fact that there ain't **** to play on it doesn't count?

Yeah, but you can play Guitar Hero III on PS3, right?  Therefore, you can gain the prestigious title of "Guitar Hero" on PS3!  Wow!  Just think how impressive that looks on a resume, especially if you do it with the Fender and Gibson controller!  You'll definitely be ready for Rock Band then, right?!?!   
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2007, 11:37 AM »

That used to be true (about six months ago).  There is more than plenty of exclusive games now and coming out in the next few months.  Warhawk, Sword, and as of today, Uncharted, are all worth playing.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2007, 11:44 AM »
That used to be true (about six months ago).  There is more than plenty of exclusive games now and coming out in the next few months.  Warhawk, Sword, and as of today, Uncharted, are all worth playing.

As much as it pains me to say this, it has to be said:

Meh.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2007, 03:41 PM »
I tried the game at Best Buy.  It's really silly if you already know how to play guitar.  In fact, it seems very counter-intuitive if you already know how to play guitar.  Witness me trying to play "Surrender" by Cheap Trick on Guitar Hero, a song I've jammed on numerous times.  Hell, I've even been paid to play that song.  But can I play it on this stoopid game?  Of course not.

Feh.  I'll stick to playing for actual audiences in bars and clubs...not in my living room.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback