Author Topic: Guitar Hero / Rock Band  (Read 50702 times)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
Re: Guitar Hero
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2007, 03:55 PM »
As much as it pains me to say this, it has to be said:

Meh.

My same reaction to the 360 and their countless shooters. 

Meh.

It's all subjective.
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2007, 04:03 PM »
I tried the game at Best Buy.  It's really silly if you already know how to play guitar.  In fact, it seems very counter-intuitive if you already know how to play guitar.  Witness me trying to play "Surrender" by Cheap Trick on Guitar Hero, a song I've jammed on numerous times.  Hell, I've even been paid to play that song.  But can I play it on this stoopid game?  Of course not.

Feh.  I'll stick to playing for actual audiences in bars and clubs...not in my living room.

Real guitars are for old people.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2007, 04:04 PM »
I tried the game at Best Buy.  It's really silly if you already know how to play guitar.  In fact, it seems very counter-intuitive if you already know how to play guitar.  Witness me trying to play "Surrender" by Cheap Trick on Guitar Hero, a song I've jammed on numerous times.  Hell, I've even been paid to play that song.  But can I play it on this stoopid game?  Of course not.

Feh.  I'll stick to playing for actual audiences in bars and clubs...not in my living room.

"Real guitars are for old people!" - Cartman from S.P.

YouTube: South Park Guitar Queer-o

EDIT - Got in right before me, MATT.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 04:05 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2007, 04:06 PM »
My same reaction to the 360 and their countless shooters. 

Meh.

It's all subjective.

True. 

Anyway, that coupon thing--that's not a bad deal for a BluRay player, I guess.

But for a gaming system?  Nah.  360 all the way.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2007, 04:43 PM »
So much for trying to make a decision here...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2007, 04:46 PM »
Aren't you waiting until Rock Band comes out, anyway?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2007, 04:51 PM »
I have to decide which console I want to spend the next five years with first.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2007, 05:30 PM »

Real guitars are for old people.

So does that mean I have to join Brent over in the old section?  :(
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2007, 06:10 PM »

Yeah, 'cause from what I know of Brent, he wouldn't be caught dead playing a silly video game like Guitar Hero.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2007, 07:23 PM »
I'll play a silly video game, but certainly not guitar player.  Maybe that makes me middle-aged?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2007, 02:09 AM »

Yeah, 'cause from what I know of Brent, he wouldn't be caught dead playing a silly video game like Guitar Hero.

I guess this needs to be said:   :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2008, 01:21 PM »

Next purchases will probably be COD4 and GHIII and/or Rock Band.  I may be able to score Mass Effect cheap--if I can, I'll probably pick it up.  Halo and Gears too.

That's from another thread.  I thought you already had GHIII or is this in reference to a different system than what you normally play on? 

As an aside, Guitar Hero and Rock Band continue to fly off the shelves in my neighborhood.  I've been in Walmart a couple of mornings looking for stupid comic packs and have seen new stock of both games which are gone by the following mornings.  It's just not dying down at all.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2008, 01:41 PM »
That's from another thread.  I thought you already had GHIII or is this in reference to a different system than what you normally play on?

No sir.  Have GH and GH2 on PS2; was holding off on GH3 until I had a 360.  Now I have a 360, should be picking up GH3 pretty soon.

I'd still like to grab GH: Rocks the 80's for PS2 sometime, but not until there's some kind of price drop on it.  I refuse to pay full price for what's essentially an expansion pack.

Will probably also pick up GH2 for the 360 eventually, as well, for the exclusive and/or downloadable tracks.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2008, 02:09 PM »
I see, thanks for the explanation.  Interesting to see you shift away from Sony and PS3 to XBox. 

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2008, 02:21 PM »
Has this game changed how anyone else listens to music?  I find myself zoning out to the iPod or whatever, and the image in my head is of colored buttons sliding down a fret...it's weird.
"Really?  Sorry."