And for that 'more' I mentioned yesterday - or when ever the heck i wrote that:DmG's Site:PROs -
1) The transparent larger logo behind the smaller solid one is great! I'm pretty sure elmeaux (the guy who created our cool logo - for those who don't remember) was telling me that I made the banner too large on my try...
2) I also dig the melds you did on the TWO banners - they're both really quite beautiful!
3) Next up are the links at the top. They're simple, to the point, (the other two designs here might be lacking something in that department) and the gray & white combo looks very nice!
4) Nice job remembering the meta tags... I suck at that. Seeing the ***ULTIMATE|GROUP|PROJECT*** on the window, or tab really helps drive it home. As you can see, I totally stole the idea from you.
5) The scroll is DEFINITELY (imho) a needed element!CONs -
1) The two banners are both really nice, but I just don't like seeing them at the top and
bottom. I'd keep it to the top only. If you could set it up so that they could alternate, (or come up randomly - if you wanted to do a few more), that'd be pretty damn cool. Or maybe if the bottom banner was much thiner, it might work better?
2) The scroll works real well for the actual Star Wars-ish intro, but I might leave the "Welcome to ..." paragraph out of the scroll.OVERALL
- You've really driven home the need for well organized sections, for ease of navigation, and for the awesomeness of a scrolling intro to our story. And the look of your site works solidly together. I never really liked yellow & black together, but the grays you added make it turn out nice. Very cool.elmeaux's Site:PROs -
1) Cool layout, man. It solidifies the look that my site was (rather unintentionally) leaning near. And it sems like it might be pretty easy to navigate.
2) The pics look great. The transparent lines layer (if that's what it is) over the pics adds some very cool ambiance!
3) Love the cut out logo - very stylish.
4) Aurebesh - 'Nuff said! Did you do out actual translations? Cuz that'd just add 'cool' points - and perhaps be an attraction for the hard core fans (or lovers of detail such as myself)... anywho, I especiall like how you've done the Aurebesh on the pic screens!CONs -
1) My only real gripe with this mock up is the brushed metal part. Don't get me wrong, I like the texture, especially for the look you were going for. But I think what I don't care for, is the shape of the interface. I might cut away some of the negitive space on the display. Perhaps add some angular (but still rounded off) protrusions too. I hope this is making some sort of sense... it's hard for me to explain w/o a visual aid...
2) The interface needs to be showing some screw heads to really bring it all home. Really give it that lived-in Star Wars look. OVERALL
- Nice job recreating a user interface! It works very solidly, but it just seems a bit too ... I dunno, static(?), for my tastes - then again, I like shiny things. If you could post some notes on how each part of the site works (are the links at the top right side the only means of navigation? do the buttons between the 2 smaller pics do anything, or are they there for looks? etc, etc...), I think I'd be able to give you a more in-deth crit.Pen's Site:
For the most part, I'll let you guys tackle this one. PROs -
1) I like the brighter colors. I think they attract attention, and make the site more visually accessable. CONs -
1) I've GOT to figure out a way to do up the starwars-y intro in a scroll, and I'm not sure that the page aloows for it...OVERALL
- Um, I dig it? Yeeeeaaaahhhhh, I'm no good at he self crit....