Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Collection = Delayed  (Read 5630 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 30th Anniversary Collection = Delayed
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 01:17 PM »
This works for me pretty well because I really needed a break to some extent and I've yet to see Final 22 figures at all on the pegs.  Some time for them to hit in some quantity will be appreciated...  I had some fear that retailers would favor the new line over the old, and the final 22 would've still been a pain to find.  So now I'm kind of hoping this gives them a better shot for shelf space.

I think that's something that's been an issue at some stores with Greatest Hits/Basic waves shipping together...  One gets favored over the other by the purchaser and we wind up with GH's taking up more space at some stores, and basic figures getting hosed a little bit.  At least that's how it seems around me at some stores.  Others are putting both out as they should.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 04:18 PM »
One could wonder if it's really a shelf space issue. Perhaps retailers weren't all that thrilled to have to allocate more shelf space to SW and ultimately put a kibosh on the idea to run both lines concurrently.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 1, 2007, 01:56 PM »
Greatest Hits takes more space than any other toys in the store, that is what I think the delay is about, because The Walmart Cantina Aliens Wave/ BARC Wave should have been now before christmas.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 1, 2007, 04:09 PM »
it was supposed to hit shelves today.  :(

what id like to know is what 'production delays' postponed the release.

but if it gives the appos and BARCs more time to surface, im Ok, i just wanted to start on my gal. marines.  :(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!