Author Topic: Photonovel by Robo-Quack: Coming March 2007: Preview is now up!!!  (Read 18526 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Coming Soon in 2007, I am starting a photonovel series here at JediDefender. The title is not revealed yet, mostly because I havent made one up, but I already have a storyline figured out. So stay tuned and keep checking for updates. I'll give some more plot stuff away probably over the course of this week.  8)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 12:09 AM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: New Photonovel by Snaggletooth
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 06:58 PM »
 ;D ;D Sounds great!!Can't wait to see it ;)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 09:11 PM »
photonovel CANCELLED due to lack of JDer support. that sure sucks, but oh well, whatever.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 11:24 PM »
Yea...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 01:58 AM »
I'm not sure why you cancelled it... I'd suggest you work hard on what you are doing, and give the first few chapters a shot and then see what kind of support you're getting?

Really though, these should come down to you wanting to make them and making yourself happy with them.  Maybe make them, don't show them to anyone, then a few months later look at what you did, and think of what you could have done better.  Or just wing it and post your first attempt.

;)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 03:38 PM »
we'll just have to see...

:-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 03:19 AM »
Over the past few months, I have tried to bring attention to the lack of comments that many wonderful photonovels have received.

In this case, though, and with all due sensitivity and respect, I think you need to lighten up a bit.  I'm not try to be harsh, but all you did was post your intentions to make a photonovel with a few vague ideas.

It's not exactly something that's going to get a lot of commentary, or even something that warrants much discussion.

Don't talk about making photonovels, just go out there and make them.  THEN we can talk about getting you more feedback.

But just saying, "Yeah, I'm gonna make a photonovel in 2007" isn't really enough to fire much of a conversation.  Lots of people post these kind of declarations and many never see the light of day.

Based on the very little info you've given, sure I think your idea has promise, but you've given us very little info and it's just way, way too early to begin discussing your photonovel in any detail.....

I do agree with Chewie, make the stories first because YOU want to make them....no matter how good they are, your audience may remain small.  But if you're proud of your work and have fun doing it, no one can take that away.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 01:53 PM »
 :'(Don't give up Snaggletooth this thread might only appeal to a very small audience Do it because you want to.
I for one Love these Photonovels It shows off some of your customs and conveys creativity as a shortstory author.When I get enough knowledge to do the same I will also,but I'm not so much a computer wiz.I hope this gives you some incentive.Sometimes it takes a little while for something to catch on.I hope you do photoalbum.It would great to see. ;)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 07:00 PM »
OK, due to some inspiring words by tDeanna, Quazar, and the great PhotoNovelMasterKing Chewie I will do a couple episodes around Summer 2007. Thanks guys.  :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 03:08 AM »
Cool! 

That's something to look forward to.  I was worried that i came across as too harsh, but I was hoping to encourage you.

Good luck with the stories!!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 12:48 PM »
you know at first i could understand your plight, but then i looked closer and realized with the customs you've done in the past and your liitle story spoilers this isen't really gonna be much more than a bunch of action figures in your backyard..em i right?

so whats with all the support around this? there are plunty of ppl putting tons of WORK into their pns whom are not even getting a full sentence of support from these forums and your whining over no one giving a damn for your pn " idea"  or intentions that has no pics, no customs and probably no story that was brifely thought up while you played with your figures in the backyard hoping no one sees you engaging in a deleted scene from the white and nerdy video.

and i can hardly wait to see deanna rash say something negative.

anyways, even if you top the supposid set quality of the pn, no one will notice snaggle. no one will care, if your story is original. no will care if your effects are better than everybody else.  quite simply Photo-Novels are what you make them for, not these ppl whom can't see past their own work. let alone actually read it and give you some sort of review that isen't little more than a poster tagline. in the end if you do this, just remember you're still gonna be a grown man playing with action figures.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 10:56 PM »
I like to encourge and not discourge because people like to hear it If I don't like it more often than not I won't even comment. My tastes are not everybody else's.But you won't learn anything if you don't do not try.I'm a new member and I don't want to offend.I commend most of them for doing the work.Because I don't know how.
I just recently figured how to scan my drawlings onto the web,Which by the way can be seen in the Fan Art section.When get enough knowledge I'll do a PN,I'm good at customs but not stories

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 1, 2007, 09:34 PM »

and i can hardly wait to see deanna rash say something negative.

i dunno, when i was reading your post i sure couldnt wait for YOU to say something POSITIVE.  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #13 on: January 1, 2007, 09:58 PM »
lemmie just put what i wrote simply:

Tyler Durden: Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 2, 2007, 02:46 PM »
Ok everyone, let's get along! 

I agree that a lot of the people out there don't seem to give much feedback on photonovels these days.  Back in 2005, photonovels were very popular, people seemed to really be into them.  For certain reasons support seemed to dwindle down for them about a year ago.  I am not certain what all the reasons were, but I have heard rumblings that a segment of the forums found them annoying and thought we were attention cravers, and because of that, the promotions for them came to a halt.  In part that was why I had an absence from here, but I was also busy with a position at another site that I was offered. 

The good thing is there is still a photonovel section here.  People still read them apparently, but feedback is rarely given.  I will admit, it's very discouraging to not get feedback when you truly work on something and put your heart into it.  But that's just the way it is - most people don't feel like replying back with a full commentary on what was made.  But the level of work that goes into them is a factor as well.  If you truly try and make something creative and create a fun storyline that peaks people's interest, you're probably going to get more responses/feedback than if you just take pictures of figures in a back yard.

I don't get all that much feedback anymore, but I know people are still reading them by the views, as well as I do get PM's and emails about them too.  But I know that each one I make needs to have more work put into it than the last one.  I constantly try to set the bar higher for myself because I know that what I make isn't nearly as good as I want it to be.  That is why I've redone the series that I work on - to improve my stories.  I've probably lost some readers by telling the same story again, but I have also gotten new ones too.  Plus there will be NEW ones made eventually, just not for a while.

The strangest thing though is when someone makes a photonovel and complains that they haven't gotten feedback, even though that person doesn't leave OTHER photonovel makers feedback.  That's just odd.  So I guess what comes around goes around.  Remember if you want people to participate in what you are doing, it's a good idea to take an interest in what they're doing too.  If there are customizers on a board (who are potentially your biggest audience) - start leaving them feedback on what THEY do, and they are more likely to take notice of your work and return the favor.  It's all about a community, which is something I've been pushing for years.

;)