Author Topic: '06 Holiday observations AKA state of the shelves report  (Read 19604 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: '06 Holiday observations AKA state of the shelves report
« Reply #15 on: January 1, 2007, 07:21 PM »
One of my local Targets has reduced it's number of pegs from 16-24 down to 6-8. Now, it's packed with figures that nobody in my area really wants.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 1, 2007, 09:28 PM »
same here. when i went yesterday, ben 10 toys were frickin' everywhere, and as for SW there was a GB Padme, 2 Moffs, 4 3POs, and a Leia in Boushh Disguise.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 2, 2007, 04:15 PM »
Target pegs are mostly cleaned out, Walmart is full with Utapau Clone, Hammerheads, TRU are nearly cleaned out has well.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 3, 2007, 09:53 AM »
At least GB is being clearanced out at Target. they are now gone from the shelves. However, still lots of Neumodians. Sounds like the end of '05 all over again. :P

Surprisingly, my TRU's seem to be devoid of all SW product.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2007, 09:54 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 3, 2007, 10:03 AM »
Things are pretty cleared out around here as well.  There are a few figures at each store (I think WM is the only one with Greatest Battles anymore), but the majority of them are Naboo Soldiers, Gragra, Jerjerrods, and the usual pegwarmers.  A few other repacked figures here and there, but not many overall.  Also of note, I don't think there is a single vehicle available in our entire town, at any store.  They really flew off the shelves for Christmas, at least around here.  There are tin sets at all three stores now though, and sales on those seemed to have slowed down a bit.  Target did its reset (and had the comic packs), and Wal-Mart is in the process of resetting right now.  It looks like there might be a bit of a drought now, but I'm hoping not.  It would be nice to have a good chance of finding some of these Final 22 figures before the 30AC stuff starts hitting.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 3, 2007, 11:53 AM »

Same here except for a few tins and lightsbers.  Just a big empty hole.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 3, 2007, 08:44 PM »

Same here except for a few tins and lightsbers.  Just a big empty hole.

Same at my TRU's.  Walmart has been the only store to get anything this week.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 5, 2007, 06:59 PM »
i was shockeds. the GOOD TRU in my area had zilch, save two Moffs. its usually so much more...abundant!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 5, 2007, 10:08 PM »
They re-set the toy aisle at my local Target and shoved SW all the way to the end of the aisle.  There are 4 pegs for basic figures (with Pregme's and Naboo soldiers), a few collector's tins, basic lightsabers, spring action lightsabers and a sprinkling of Titanium vehicles and SW Transformers.  However TRU and Wal-Mart are packed to the gills with Hoth, Endor, GB, and Naboo.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 5, 2007, 11:04 PM »
yeah, lightsabers in my area take up almost as much space as figs. that's pretty sad.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 6, 2007, 02:14 PM »
The resets here have come and gone, and with them a lot of the old stuff was cleared out.  I wasn't really surprised at what was cleared out, but more by what was left behind.

TRU, as everyone knows, never clears out anything, so they're still sitting on the same ROTS Obi-Wan and Anakin JSFs they had last Christmas, along with some Titanium Bossks at full price.  They did, however, stock this morning with two more cases of Wave 7 (repaint wave 1) alongside the army of Carkoon Chewies, Endor Threepios, and Jerjerrods.  Absolutely no Unleashed 2" Battle Packs left, although they had one each of the 10-packs today.  Still a ton of the before Christmas glut (GH 10 packs, SW TFs, PT tins, and Battle Packs).

WM reset and kept space for basic figures, Unleashed 2" figures, SW TFs, lightsabers, tins, BPs, and for some unknown reason, GH 10-packs.  The sad thing is, though, that WM did not send the GB/H&V figures to the clearance aisle, so we still have a ton of Padmes and Threepios mixed in amongst the 8 pegs of Jerjerrods and Threepios.  Seriously.  I counted 31 Jerjerrods this morning.  Oh, and they also had the EU 2-packs there as well.

Target has four figures on all eight of its pegs (1 Han Carbonite, 1 Chewie Carkoon, and 2 Power Droids), and enough lightsabers to kill a horse.  They also had about 10 Vader/RFT EU 2 packs on the pegs, so here's to hoping Hasbro continues to ship those at a higher case pack-out.  ::)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 6, 2007, 02:20 PM »
Target was half filled. GBs Padmes,both 3POs, Jerjerods,a lone Naboo & Endor soldiers, Boussh Leia & ANH Luke & Han.
TRU only had both 3POs,Padmes, Dofines, Gonks, Leias & a lone Cody. They all had ANH/ROTJ tins,etc...
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 9, 2007, 06:31 PM »
There is nothing on the shelves in 2 Walmarts, 2 Targets, a KB and a TRU in my area.  It's been a real dead couple of weeks.  I assume Wave 9 with the Appo and Kashyyyk clone will be populating the shelves in February before 30 AC rolls up on us.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 9, 2007, 09:26 PM »
I'm happy to report that my Targets and, yes Wal-Marts have reset/restocked.  There's no new 3 3/4" product, but everything else has been clearanced out and it's set for the new year.  A little pissed that Targets have reduced there number of 3 3/4 pegs from 12-16 down to 8 or so.

I think this is one of my first positive comments about WM.

TRU is still a major ****hole though
« Last Edit: January 9, 2007, 09:27 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2007, 02:26 PM »
I still haven't found **** in weeks and weeks.  Part of me likes it, so long as I manage to get caught up on all these repacks and repaints before they're gone.