Author Topic: Niub Niub  (Read 7089 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Niub Niub
« Reply #15 on: January 8, 2007, 05:10 PM »
If I recall at C3, besides Nuib's dio building area there were several very impressive dioramas on display.  I wasn't a customizer then (that was my first experience) so I'm not sure if those belonged to him or other fans.  However, there were definitely more dioramas than just Nuib's build the death star.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #16 on: January 8, 2007, 07:18 PM »
That might be some great news then  :D - anyone know the facts on those other dios?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: January 8, 2007, 09:03 PM »
Niub had his own dioramas on display in his alotted area, as I recall...  I don't know if anyone else maybe DONATED a diorama, but the dios I recall were all in NN's specific zone and I think most (if not all) were ones he's done over the years.

The only non-NN thing I remember specifically that wasn't in his area (other than what we had at the FFURG table) was Gary Weaver's AT-AT, which was right outside NN's on display as you entered NN's area.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 9, 2007, 11:34 AM »
I was there and was on the team. the Lars homstead garage and the jabba palace was done by Jamie from the wook's workshop  (check dio links at rebelscum). The young jedi training room was done by somebody at the cutting edge and he was from belgium.  the dagobah swamp was done by the dude from florida and he has a site ( I think it's dagobahswamp.com)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 9, 2007, 03:15 PM »
I was there and was on the team. the Lars homstead garage and the jabba palace was done by Jamie from the wook's workshop  (check dio links at rebelscum). The young jedi training room was done by somebody at the cutting edge and he was from belgium.  the dagobah swamp was done by the dude from florida and he has a site ( I think it's dagobahswamp.com)

THose are the ones I remember, plus a cool EP2 Bar and a great Tantive IV corridor.

Offline Sarge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Sarge's Customs
« Reply #20 on: January 9, 2007, 09:50 PM »
Sandtrooper Dan had the Outlander Club there, more info here.

Mike
"A great warrior, you say? Wars do not make one great." Master Yoda, TESB

www.sarges-customs.com

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 9, 2007, 10:21 PM »
I remember the Outlander Club that thing was awesome.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 5, 2007, 12:29 PM »
I heard from Niub Niub guys, am going to try and discuss a few things with him.  He's a very nice guy and supportive of the customizing community, and I'm sure if there's anything he can do to assist us or offer advice, he'll do so.  I'll let you guys know what I find out, but it might be a bit - I'm usually very busy, and I can only imagine how busy he has to be.

:P

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 5, 2007, 02:24 PM »
He just updated his site today and I there is a link to what i'm guessing might be a new email. I don't think he is using his videotron Montreal cable/internet company email anymore since he is in San Fran

Offline NiubNiub

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 6, 2007, 03:44 AM »
hey guys, yes it is me, frank D Niubniub :)
i just read chewies email yesterday so sorry for the delay in response. If you are a long time fan of the site you KNOW that I read and reply to EVERY message sent my way.

yes indeed, the dioramas that were on display at the C2 AND C3 workshops were a mix of mine AND YOURS - the VISITORS. If it was only MY displays , i would fear my head had swelled so much it would have been hard for the builders to breathe in the same room ;p

Its just not me. This year I have NO dioramas of MINE at the show. couldnt bring them with me accross the country. WAY too far. so Im actuallyt counting on Fans to be the displays this time.

how big is this display you are making?
if it falls under a resonable size, i would be THRILLED to show it off INSIDE the diorama workshop.
if its 20 feet wide, well Lucasfilm might not agree as it would take up too much space, even if fans might think its cool.

if i can help i will.

frank (niubniub) webmaster Niubniubsuniverse.com

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #25 on: February 6, 2007, 08:04 AM »
Holy yubnub! Thanks for stopping by Frank (and congrats on the job of your dreams!!!) - and thanks for the offer! The Dio is (last I knew) 9' x 9'...

Game on?   :D
« Last Edit: February 6, 2007, 08:43 AM by PenDragon »

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 6, 2007, 10:47 AM »
That would be terrific if that worked out, Frank- not only to have it around a lot more traffic, but to be in the vicinity of other great dioramas.  I hope this works!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 6, 2007, 11:16 AM »
Frank I've been trying to get in touch with you. If you see this, what is your current E-mail (This is Pat From Oshawa). When I click on the one from your site I get some weird windoas thing.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 6, 2007, 01:16 PM »
WOW! Thanks for the help Frank!! This is great news. I'm really starting to get worried about LFL. I guess now we can do the big size version of our little project.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 6, 2007, 01:59 PM »
This is GREAT news.  Frank, you are the man.  If it's possible, personally I think we should use space that Frank has if we can do that... that way we definitely KNOW what we can and can't do.

Frank, I'll shoot you an email soon... and Thank You!!!

:P