Author Topic: Niub Niub  (Read 7090 times)

Offline NiubNiub

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Niub Niub
« Reply #30 on: February 6, 2007, 04:10 PM »
9X9 foot
is this design started, 50% done? set in stone?

if it was more rectangular like 9 X6  might be easier to place (since tables are 3X8

if you have started already, it is early enough to maybe plan a space for it as perhaps a centerpiece for visitor dioramas.

Do you know others who have HIGH QUALITY dioramas that would like to display their work?
email pics to comments@niubniubsuniverse.com

Frank

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: February 6, 2007, 04:24 PM »
Hey Frank,

Welcome to JediDefender.com...  It's been a while since I've seen you out and about on boards and things though I did get to run into you at C3 on break from the FFURG booth across from you.  Hope things are well man...  With the job, I'm sure they are!

When you suggested other dioramas to nominate, one came to my mind almost immediately...  Daigo-Bah.  DB's Death Star Gun Turret is one of my all-time favorite pieces ever.  I think it's definitely worth considering...  It's one of the best dioramas I've ever seen.

I'd also suggest BrentS's Gardulla's Palace diorama...  Both are outstanding, if either gentleman is attending the convention to take them to display.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2007, 04:26 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #32 on: February 6, 2007, 07:17 PM »
9' X 9' is actually smaller than we originally wanted... :(

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 6, 2007, 07:21 PM »
JJ, thanks for the nomination!  Unfortunately I won't be able to go to the con, and um... I'm kinda protective of my dios since I make them specifically for my collection room  :-\.  Otherwise, I really hope Frank can host the UGP!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 6, 2007, 07:51 PM »
9X9 foot
is this design started, 50% done? set in stone?

if it was more rectangular like 9 X6  might be easier to place (since tables are 3X8

if you have started already, it is early enough to maybe plan a space for it as perhaps a centerpiece for visitor dioramas.

We kind of wanted to make the diorama fit inside a 10x20 booth. I can see 9x6 working but I would love to see something more like 14x6 or even 18x6 ;). That would hold our original idea of an imperial city, some open battle field grassland and a mountain with a rebel base inside it. It we had to stick it inside a 10x10 booth, we were going to just do the city.

It's been hard working with LFL and playing the waiting game. We sent an introduction letter to them back in October then found out they wanted a resume for the project. I got our resume into them in december. They said we would be notified by the end of January one way or the other. Now they said they would notify us by the end of last week. Now I'm not sure when they will say yeah or nay. It's been very fustrating because I can't have people start work without knowing dimemsion or even if we will have a place at all to display.

We've been talking about this thing since last July so its been kind of hard to keep interest high for over six months without confirmation from LFL. But alot of work has been done. Concept art has been made. Buildings and figures have been built. However, once we know how much space we have, we can grid out the diorama and assign buildings and deadlines to people. I'll send you the resume and pictures that I sent to LFL.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 6, 2007, 07:55 PM »
I would have seconded Jesse's nomination for Daigo-bah in a hearbeat.   Sorry to hear you can't make it Greg.  The Professor (posts at Yakface and Rebelscum is another good choice but I'm not sure if he's going to C4.  I'll ask him.

As far as my diorama goes, Jesse, I really appreciate being put in the same category as Daigo-bah.  I am attending C4 but won't be there until Saturday and Sunday.  Also, the Gardulla's dio may also not transport all that well.  However, if others think its worth displaying I could consider it.  Since it was designed to be more of a photonovel piece, I'd have to do some work on it to make it fully a diorama.   If you are interested, you can see it :

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=12565.msg263307#msg263307

and also featured in the photonovel here:
http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=14053.0

Offline sillof_the_wook

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 4, 2007, 11:36 AM »
I was just reading through  some of these posts.  I have helped Frank (NuibNuib) run the last 2 diorama workshops and will be helping at C4.

To settle some of the early discussions.  Frank had mostly his work displayed at C2.  At C3 it was a variety of peoples work who brought their dioramas from all over, including my Jabba's Palace and Luke's Garage.  C4 will be featuring many peoples work again, I am bringing 2-3 this time.

My older stuff can be seen here:
http://home.insightbb.com/~sillof/dioramas.html

THE WORKSHOP

thanks