Author Topic: TOY FAIR 2007  (Read 13443 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: TOY FAIR 2007
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2007, 09:22 PM »
Luke's Moisture Vaporator is badass IMO.  That thing looks great.  I am in picture overload right now and most everything I see looks pretty top notch.  The wallet will hurt this year something fierce. 

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2007, 09:40 PM »
Guys the Moisture Vaporator is an awesome piece.

Force Unleashed was a huge suprise as well.

Vintage Line looks great too.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 09:42 PM by Paul »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2007, 09:46 PM »
BIGGS NEEDS A CAPE!!! :'(

Concept Vader has Two Helmets!! ;D

Actually, McVader is the weakest of the concept figures so far. It looks like Hasbro didin't want to make him too strange looking.  In the classic Luke/Vader McQuarrie painting, Vader's leather suit does not have the textured "piping" on it.   It's smooth and graceful. Hmm.  However, the rest of the 2007 stuff is amazing!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 10:20 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2007, 09:47 PM »

Click the button to check out our full Hasbro Gallery of images.

The Hasbro Gallery is pretty well complete...  Lots of images for your perusing guys/gals.  Make sure and check out the latest story on our front page too for a little tidbit I don't think you're going to find elsewhere. ;)

The 90+ images are only a fraction of what was actually taken by our staffers Paul and Rob out in the fray.  It's only day one and for me I really like what our guys did.  Lots of images and the detail is simply remarkable in the shots.

What a convention too...  Hasbro's out of the gate with a great assortment of new stuff, and stuff we'd seen.  Who couldn't want more images of the stuff we'd seen though!?  

The V-Wing is a must-have for me...  Great ship.  The Vintage Wave looks outstanding and there's another mail-away to sweeten the pot a bit.  The basic figures are amazing and while I know EU isn't everyone's cup of tea, I'm totally stoked for the Force Unleashed blitz.  I love those figures guys, I don't know about you all.

No comic sets shown, I'm surprised.  Great stuff though that we did see.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2007, 11:28 PM »
Wow, I didn't think it was possible with the new card style, but we are getting some HUGE awesome pack-ins with some of these figures...

- Upass-Stay's Drum
- Luke's Vaporator
- Elis and M'iiyoom's Curved Cantina Section

New sculpts, great pack-ins, 2007 is looking better and better each time we see new stuff!   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2007, 01:08 AM »
Wow, I didn't think it was possible with the new card style, but we are getting some HUGE awesome pack-ins with some of these figures...

Since you poor Yankees haven't got them in hand (for the most part) yet, allow me to suggest the bubbles are still quite sizable (NOT as big as Saga) and there's room in the back for some neat stuff.  They pulled the stands, as I'm sure you're aware, so there's some space yet.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2007, 01:14 AM »
I'm just dumbstruck right now at the quality product (and incredibly clear pics  ;D) seen on the front page.  I gotta get to sleep now, but I am coming back to discuss tomorrow, something fierce!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2007, 01:19 AM »

Since you poor Yankees haven't got them in hand (for the most part) yet, allow me to suggest the bubbles are still quite sizable (NOT as big as Saga) and there's room in the back for some neat stuff.  They pulled the stands, as I'm sure you're aware, so there's some space yet.

I measured the bubble on my McQuarrie Stormtrooper and it's just a hair under 2" deep. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2007, 01:34 AM »
Okay, ****, I'm going to be a completist for 2007.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2007, 02:06 AM »
Yeah the pack-ins really "ease" my opinion on articulation when it doesn't satisfy on some of those...  Luke may lack knees, but I gotta say, even my articulation addiction has to give it up to getting a friggin' moisture vaporator.  Hell I may buy a 2nd or 3rd just for the vaporator.. 

If Hasbro's delivering figures that give you that much bang for your buck, I'll expect a lot less criticism out of my writing here.  A big gripe for me in '06 was price but they seemingly are moving things up a notch.  I hope it's a permanent fixture in the line.

And if anyone's curious, the only figure that was underwhelming me from these early photos is Biggs (and his Pilot version) for the most part...  Lava Miner to some extent.  Not much I'm not looking forward to right now though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2007, 02:21 AM »
Yeah the pack-ins really "ease" my opinion on articulation when it doesn't satisfy on some of those...  Luke may lack knees, but I gotta say, even my articulation addiction has to give it up to getting a friggin' moisture vaporator.  Hell I may buy a 2nd or 3rd just for the vaporator.. 

It was thinking the same thing.  Never have I bought an extra figure just for the pack-in.  :o

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2007, 02:56 AM »
Early impressions:

Where the hell is Hermi?

Moisture Vaparator: Holy ****.  Surpasses my wildest expectations.

McQ Vader: Love the two helmets, but a little lackluster compared to the others.

Comic Packs: MIA?

Force Unleashed: The female Imperial Officer is great, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

Hoth Han: Two heads (plus a blah looking helmet/headwrap thing) = awesome.

Biggs: No cape = no dice.

Offline Darth Bonk

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2007, 06:00 AM »
Does anyone know where that "Animated Boba Fett" is from?  Not the new 3-d animated cartoon???

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2007, 07:11 AM »
Does anyone know where that "Animated Boba Fett" is from?  Not the new 3-d animated cartoon???

That's from the 1977 (or was it '78?) Star Wars Holiday Special, Matt.  Oldie, but goodie.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 07:11 AM by JediMAC »

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2007, 11:25 AM »
I just saw pictures of the new carded Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker figure.  The figure looks like a combination of the 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker and the 2006 Endor Luke Skywalker figures.  Also, just like I had hoped, the 2007 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker comes with a lightsaber.