Author Topic: Wal-Mart "Treachery on Saleucami" Battle Pack  (Read 50485 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: "Treachery on Saleucami" Battle Pack
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2007, 11:36 AM »
I'm not so happy about the WM thing. As far as I know, the Exclusive tins never hit the three WM in my area.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2007, 12:14 PM »
I am more worried about the walmart wave of basic figures than this one. I think it will be tough to find but not impossible.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2007, 01:25 PM »
Here comes another pain in the ass exclusive to get.

I love my avatar  :P
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2007, 01:50 PM »
I like your avatar too. :D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2007, 02:14 PM »
It must be a regional thing, I've gotten all the WM exclusives that I was looking for.

And I have even found them on clearance (Cantina Band Tin).

I will be glad to snag as many of these as board members need..

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2007, 05:36 PM »
It must be a regional thing, I've gotten all the WM exclusives that I was looking for.

And I have even found them on clearance (Cantina Band Tin).

My Walmart has 32 Cantina tins, checked them at the scanner today and they're still at $26.74.  I'm still waiting I guess.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2007, 05:40 PM »
My WM finally got the Cantina Tins (they're not on clearance). I just wonder why they want to make this an exclusive. Clone + Exclusive = Pain in the Ass.
I remember my dream now.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2007, 08:59 PM »
I will be glad to snag as many of these as board members need..

I'll PM you once these start hitting the shelves because I know I won't be able to get one.  Thanks for the offer!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2007, 09:08 AM »
I'm not thrilled that this is a WM exclusive either, but hopefully it won't be too tough to find.  Most of the WM exclusive stuff (aside from the Cantina tin set recently) have been "blink and you miss them".  I just happened to be in the right place at the right time for the Sep. of the Twins packs, or I never would have seen those.  I've probably had the best luck at Target out of all the retailers, so I was kind of hoping it would be there, but hopefully WM will come through with this one.  You would think a set with two clones and two bikes could have sold at all the retailers, and not required an exclusive :).

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2007, 12:59 PM »
Is there really any good place to get an exclusive in this day and age?  It seems like more often than not, each and every retailer is making it more and more difficult to get the items they've been given as exclusives by Hasbro.  For example:

-TARGET:  Is downright spiteful toward collectors, seeing them as the lowest form of scum.  When the exclusives finally do show up, they sit in the back for weeks on end until the employees finally get around to doing a reset, at which point they quickly disappear, often times before anyone even knows the store had them in the first place.  They also pretty much refuse to make them available online (the only one I know of that they ever did make available online was the Saga A-Wing back in 2003).

-WAL-MART:  Is hit-and-miss in terms of when and how many (if at all) a particular store gets and they don't even have employees around to help the customers in the first place.  Like Target, they apparently also refuse to make their exclusives available online (with the exception of the "AWESOME" Early Bird pack in 2005 which they probably still have a mountain of in their warehouses).

-KAY-BEE:  The fact that Kay Bee continues to exist baffles me to no end, given their high prices, dwindling physical locations, and the huge backlog of 10 year old Robocop figures in some stores.  At least they have made some effort to put their few exclusives (12" Chewbacca, Unleashed Vader) up on their website for people to order.

-TOYS R US:  The only one of the retailer exclusive folks that actually puts their exclusives up on the website for people to order.  Granted, the Amazon.com years were tremendously horrid as far as actually fulfilling those orders went, and so far the TRU.com as its own entity doesn't seem to be doing that much better, but the exclusives they've gotten (with the exception of the Grievous Battle Pack) have shown up in their stores more frequently and in larger numbers than they have in the past.  That said, you can never tell if a trip to TRU is going to be a complete waste of time (9 to 1 odds in that favor), since their employees have perfected the art of the "Everything we have is on the shelves" mantra.

-HASBRO TOY SHOP:  All I need to say is this:  HTS cannot keep its own products in stock for months on end.  Case closed.

So yeah, other than it being something that people could preorder and guarantee getting months ahead of time from a retailer's website, is there ANYONE that would be an acceptable handler of an exclusive?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2007, 01:10 PM »
While I'm not fond of this being exclusive, I'm not going to let the Wal-Mart part bring me down. I've managed to find all of the WM exclusives so far, although for most of them I do believe I was at the right place at the right time.

I must question why this must be an exclusive though. I guess it does follow Hasbro's formula of making the crappy BP's clog shelves everywhere while the good BP's are exclusive and hard to find.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2007, 10:32 PM »
Well said, DoctorPadawan.  I couldn't of said it better.  Personally, I would spend more on my hobby.......
that is if I could find the toys half the time.  There is money to be made with us collectors and yet.......
you know the rest.

As excited as I am about this battlepack, it looks like it's gonna be hit and miss with this one.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2007, 09:25 AM »
Yes, awsome rant DoctorPadawan.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart "Treachery on Saleucami" Battle Pack
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2007, 05:22 PM »
Argh, that's so ***!

The WalMarts around me suck, to put it lightly.

Well, I might as well mark this one off as a 'no' now, since I will probably never see it...

Although, one thing, if it's as abundant as the Cantina set, I should be good to go.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 11:53 AM by Rob »
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart "Treachery on Saleucami" Battle Pack
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2007, 06:44 PM »
Argh, that's so ***!

The WalMarts around me suck, to put it lightly.

Well, I might as well mark this one off as a 'no' now, since I will probably never see it...

Although, one thing, if it's as abundant as the Cantina set, I should be good to go.

Same here ::)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 11:54 AM by Rob »
Momar and Fester