Author Topic: Wal-Mart "Treachery on Saleucami" Battle Pack  (Read 50488 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart "Treachery on Saleucami" Battle Pack
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2007, 07:03 PM »
It is pretty stupid for this to be an exclusive.  If any of them are exclusive, it should be ones like the Arena one... there won't be that much clawing at each other to fight over that, but anything with clones or stormies shouldn't be exlusive, especially if it's something that was in the film.

Personally Walmarts in my area have been good to me, but if this HAD to be an exclusive, I'd prefer Target simply because the last few Battle Packs with clones they've had have been very well stocked from my experience - Attack on Coruscant, Senate Pack, Mace Windu set.

;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2007, 07:32 PM »
The other positive, in my experience, is you can actually track that stuff down at Target early by using the DPCI's and get an employee to help you get them...  Saves the rat-race of routine trips to WM, especially if you're like me and prefer to avoid WM rather than hitting 3 or 4 of them a week...  I usually get to one routinely but exclusives are always a prod to look more intensely and at other stores...  Not that I want to.

Their inevitable **** distribution system doesn't help them either though...  Of the 5 or 6 WM's I have in my area (1 hour away from where I am any given direction generally, with a couple half that distance or so), I think only 3 had the VTSC figures...  Some had overloads of Epic Battles/Greatest Whatever figures while others had steady restocking of Saga figures...  Some carry a full line of 1:18 military **** I collect (WM's the only retailer to carry it generally) while others had at most 3 pegs for figures that never restocked...  Some stores have piles upon piles of the Collector tins, while others have 0, and others have maybe a dozen total of all the types.

WM is basically an inconsistant mess when it comes to distribution so I'm not a fan of them getting much of anything...  Will these be Cantina-ish exclusives that were super easy to find?  Or will these be TIE Bombers or Jabba Band 2-packs?  You just don't seem to know with WM.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2007, 09:15 PM »
most WM up north get nothing at all so..so much for me getting this pack :(
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2007, 11:42 AM »
So much for getting it in Europe..... It will cost me a hell of a lot time and money to get even one pack.... :(
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: "Treachery on Saleucami" Battle Pack
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2007, 04:11 PM »
Cause I don't have any Targets or TRUs in my area. ;D

no WN or targets in France, some TRus though :'(
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2007, 07:31 AM »
WM exclusive eh? I am screwed... My local WM has not even got new figures in like the last three months.
They have not carried any exclusives since ROTS came out.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2007, 12:01 PM »
Will we be able to order these online, or is that a no go since it's an exclusive?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2007, 08:02 PM »
I don't think its a walmart exclusive because i found about 20 of them at my local target today and picked up one of the packs. I must say it's a pretty cool pack. Also hitting shelves are the ambush on illum and geonosis battle packs. Still no sighn of the capture of tantive 4 or the dagobah one but i have a feeling they'll be here early feb and middle of feb.
Momar and Fester

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2007, 08:05 PM »
Sure you're not thinking of the Felucia pack?   ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2007, 08:20 PM »
Sure you're not thinking of the Felucia pack?   ???

whoa thanks dude i was thinking of the wrong pack my bad ::)
Momar and Fester

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2007, 08:26 PM »
It's ok, I get names confused too...  All these minor planets, and battlepacks.  Confusing stuff.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2007, 09:37 AM »
Will we be able to order these online, or is that a no go since it's an exclusive?

Not from any official place like SWtoyshop, Hasbro Toy Shop, EE or NFC. But probably from places that use runners (to go get them from their local WM) like Brians Toys, Cloud City Collectables and BBTS.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 09:39 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Re: "Treachery on Saleucami" Battle Pack
« Reply #87 on: February 3, 2007, 11:44 AM »
Well said, DoctorPadawan.  I couldn't of said it better.  Personally, I would spend more on my hobby.......
that is if I could find the toys half the time.  There is money to be made with us collectors and yet.......
you know the rest.

As excited as I am about this battlepack, it looks like it's gonna be hit and miss with this one.

This is my opinion also. I would spend a lot more money on Hasbro products if they'd ever show up anywhere for any amount of time.
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2007, 05:14 PM »
Someone at Scum has one, in central Cal.  They've also gone up on Escalp by someone else.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 05:29 PM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2007, 09:40 PM »
Meh, another thing to look for...  My WM's tend to not keep many battlepacks around at any given time either.  A little disconcerting.