Author Topic: Wal-Mart "Treachery on Saleucami" Battle Pack  (Read 50789 times)

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart "Treachery on Saleucami" Battle Pack
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2007, 12:29 AM »
Found these tonight, and Neyo and the bikes are cool; permanent visor on other clone is not. :D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2007, 12:42 AM »
Yeah, I agree about the visor.  It's annoying.  Especially since Hasbro has made an articulated/removable visor.  Hell, it's in the current product line right now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2007, 01:34 AM »
I got a set the other night too and I'm the same as most others.  The visor on the one is annoying, Neyo's cool...  That said, judging by all the dead guys around in the background (which I think is a lifted still), they maybe looked like the Target (regular Clone with the markings on it) Clone anyway and Neyo's helmets aren't the common thing?  It works for me for now.  Helps me not want to army build this at all though one more set wouldn't hurt if I had the cash, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2007, 10:55 PM »
I just got this yesterday. >:( The Visor doesen't go up! How stupid! How Hasbro :P
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #124 on: April 3, 2007, 07:01 PM »
I'll pass. I'm not a fan of this design of clone, and I don't need the BARCs (still planning to pick up the Stass Allie set ... at some point).

Still, I won't contest that it's a decent set for those who are into this sort of thing.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2007, 07:02 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 5, 2007, 10:30 AM »
Despite the fact that I only have the one set (usualy make sure I have a boxed/carded piece for my collection,) I opened it up last night and have to say that I love the set. Clones work well both on and off the speeders.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 5, 2007, 04:37 PM »
Are the legs warped in any way due to sitting on the bike?  Or is some sort of Cody legs being used there?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 6, 2007, 09:55 AM »
Are the legs warped in any way due to sitting on the bike?  Or is some sort of Cody legs being used there?

No Cody legs. They're the same legs as the CW clone legs, but naturally widened (not ridiculously) due to the sitting position on the bike. The same thing happened to the clones that I had sitting on the edge of my Gunship. After not sitting, the legs should revert to a more neutral stance.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 6, 2007, 03:32 PM »

No Cody legs. They're the same legs as the CW clone legs, but naturally widened (not ridiculously) due to the sitting position on the bike. The same thing happened to the clones that I had sitting on the edge of my Gunship. After not sitting, the legs should revert to a more neutral stance.
Great so once there off the bikes they should back to normal then?  Been on the fence about them because of this, not that I've found them anyway ::)
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 6, 2007, 08:33 PM »
   Well, I bought and opened two sets today, and I couldn't be more pleased with what I purchased. The bikes are cool, and go nicely with all of the clones in my collection, especially the Elite Corps troopers. It's always nice to have more vehicles for the clones.
   The BARC troopers in this set are very cool. Neyo looks exactly like he did in the movie. The removable harness is also a nice touch. As for the BARC trooper with the binocular visor device, he is also very nice. I know I'm in the minority here, but I think the nonremovable binoculars look a lot nicer than the ones on Clone Commander and Bly; though an additional head with the binoculars in an up position would've been nice. One thing I'm confused about is why that clone would be using binoculars while he's riding a speeder bike. Isn't that somewhat dangerous?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #130 on: April 6, 2007, 10:07 PM »
Is he using them in the movie?  Or no?  Thinking about it, I can't quite recall.

I got a 2nd set tonight, kind of out of necessity to keep the Easter Bunny thing alive... long story.  The WM nearest me was down to one set, whereas it had about a dozen the other night, so these aren't sitting by me like I thought they might.  NOw, the other WM that had even more of them had, this past week, still about 12 total or so.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 6, 2007, 10:51 PM »
In the movie Neyo's wingman had no binoculars. There was (or looks to be) a clone corpse on the ground with the binoculars on the helmet. Perhaps that clone died because of a crash involving riding a speeder while using binoculars? 

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 7, 2007, 01:26 AM »
Got 2 of these bad boys today.  They look just fine carded, but will definitely be tearing one open.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 7, 2007, 03:10 PM »
I found an endcap of these in Walmart at the back of the toy aisle, meanwhile there were none of these in the regular Star Wars section.  There were also coin album displays on the same endcap.

Make sure you do a walk around and check all the endcaps if you have no luck in the regular section.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: April 9, 2007, 03:12 AM »
Agreed...  I've noticed these sets, the 7" Unleashed exclusives, and Coin Folders are all seemingly without a dedicated slot in WM stores, so they're left to float on endcaps wherever the toy manager can find empty space.  Pretty odd...  Seems like maybe WM's weren't prepped for this stuff in their toy dept. plans.  I haven't seen them in the same section twice at my various WM's.