Author Topic: Card Molesters should be shot!!!  (Read 7208 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Card Molesters should be shot!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 5, 2003, 03:25 PM »

::) Morgbug, I'd be very interested in reading that alleged card bender thread. This guy didn't happen to see flying saucers, too, did he? ("I was abducted! They MADE me bend cards! I don't understand! Help me understand!!!")

Yeah, yeah.  I got the sarcasm before.   ::)  I'm not sure I'm going to find the thread for you now :P  I don't think you deserve it.  Maybe if you beg.  Just a little ;D ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 5, 2003, 06:24 PM »
[doing my best Mulder impersonation]

PLEASE, Morgbug! It's not about me, and it's not about card-bending! It's about the TRUTH!
Post sober.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #17 on: June 5, 2003, 07:39 PM »
I don't believe in Scalpers any more than I do card benders.....but if I ever ran into a "scalper" I have vowed to become a card bender and ruin his cards before he gets out of the store with them. It's only fair.

:)

I've actually done that once before, (reached out and smashed a few bubbles) to prove a point to a guy I thought was a scalper.....but I ended up buying the figures in question.

I know you carded collectors suffer the indignities of bent cards all the time, but I don't think it's some guy going around and doing that. It's probably just countless children picking them up, throwing them into a cart saying "Buy me this mom!", then their mothers throwing it BACK onto the shelf...and so on. 5 or 10 times a day.
Got Clones?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: June 5, 2003, 10:08 PM »
I'd say it's more likely kids picking it up, saying "What a piece of junk...  mommy buy me a power ranger" and chucking it on the floor or lower shelf.  :)

Honestly, the only reason I got a blonde officer was because his card was trashed...  While I sort of sympathize with the plight of the carded collector, I also feel that the blondie in question would NOT have been there had his card not been crushed and bent beyond belief.  Every other figure of his wave was gone anyway, and he's usually the first to go.

Still, I feel bad for a carded collector dealing with the bent cards and such...  I try to hold some sympathy even if it's not my "style" of collecting.  If someone bent up half the case though, I'd be happy to buy the bent up ones. :)  I was giddy to get that blonde officer.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #19 on: June 6, 2003, 01:36 PM »
Yeah, me too. I'll actually buy a bent card over a new one most times...since I'm just going to open it up anyway. That's when I have a choice. More times than not, if I see a figure....it's so damn rare I snap it up and don't look back.
Got Clones?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 6, 2003, 02:20 PM »
Oh yes.  If there was a new figure there with a bent card or whatever I'm going to purchase it.  Unless the figure itself is somehow damage or the accesories.  Even then I may still buy it.  

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 9, 2003, 12:52 AM »
People like that deserve to have the crap kicked out of them.  They're the ones that ruin it for all of us collectors.

Another reason why some carded figures are in bad shape are because of children sorting through them.  They don't care about them, because they're going to open up the figure anyway.

You think that someone should have the crap kicked out of them for merely bending the packaging on a toy?  Wow.  Anyway, you're right about one thing.  Kids don't care if the packaging is in "bad" shape because they're going to open up the figure anyway.  That's pretty radical, isn't it?  :)  
Binders full of astromechs...

Jango Fettish

« Reply #22 on: June 9, 2003, 01:10 AM »
I think if they are caught, they ought to be thrown out of the store for defacing the merchandise, unless they plan on buying it.

To be honest, I don't see too many kids buying into collector driven line like Star Wars much. More time than not, they'll take Yu Gi Oh or something more common rather than a seasonal movie toy.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 9, 2003, 07:59 PM »
I can feel the pain of carded collectors.  I used to collect both carded and loose up until the launch of the SAGA line.  Now, I just collect loose.

The bigger issue I see is that new figures are so scarce, that I'm happy just to see them.  Card condition aside, I'm more interested in finding something new  right now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 9, 2003, 09:03 PM »
Once upon a time, the night before Christmas (honest), I caught some weary TRU employees kicking a carded figure around. It was a "You pick it up; No, YOU pick it up" game of Kick the Card at the packaged toy's expense. This thing might have already been through the ringer, being the holiday season and all, but it lost almost any chance it had of being sold as a gift by being brutalized by such insensitive bullies.

Kinda sad, in a Toy Story kind of way.  :'(
Post sober.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 9, 2003, 11:06 PM »
Why would you say such a thing in front of the carded collectors!Shame on you!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 9, 2003, 11:33 PM »
Once upon a time, the night before Christmas (honest), I caught some weary TRU employees kicking a carded figure around. It was a "You pick it up; No, YOU pick it up" game of Kick the Card at the packaged toy's expense. This thing might have already been through the ringer, being the holiday season and all, but it lost almost any chance it had of being sold as a gift by being brutalized by such insensitive bullies.

Kinda sad, in a Toy Story kind of way.  :'(

Sounds like that figure is ready to be shipped off to King Moonracer's Kingdom!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2003, 03:15 AM »
maybe they should be required to display signs in front of their homes, and have to go door to door letting everyone know they are card mollestors.  Like sex offenders.  Just a thought.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2003, 11:55 AM »
That's a great idea!  ;D

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2003, 12:55 PM »
Heh-heh.  Just think if there were people that would actually beat the snot of "card-benders."  Like a group of anti-card-benders find a card-bender in the act.  This group actually drags the person away and beats them in the storage room.  "That'll teach ya you filthy card-bender."  The card bender lies on the floor "Uuuuuugh....help."  

Or the group could do what the title of this thread indicates and actually shoot the card bender.  "No please.  I will never cardbend again ever!  Please don't shoot me!!!"  The anti-card group leader says "Silence!  Your sentence is to be shot and shot you shall be."  

Collecting could be truly frightening situation if this were to occur.