Author Topic: Series 7  (Read 69670 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Kubrick Addicts Anonymous
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2006, 01:29 PM »
And here I was expecting this to be news of chase pieces.  It's Friday in Japan boys....

Still, the box set is fantastic (Droids 3PO 8)) and there's the BHS as expected.  Very nice indeed.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2006, 01:58 PM »
Wow, so much for army building Snowtroopers.  I think this is a sign we're coming toward the end of the line, folks.  The Snowtrooper is the obvious 4:12 for Series 8 or 9.  That boxed set is amazing though.  Not a lousy figure in there and thank god no Ewoks.  Bring on Series 7!!!!!  Any second now right?
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2006, 02:13 PM »
I'm a bit aprehensive of the snowtrooper being in that box set.  I didn't think medicom normally double dipped things (other then repaints), but I really want to see the snowtrooper in the regular series.  If it's only available through the box set, then my enthusiasm for the line is somewhat dampened.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2006, 02:37 PM »
I agree they don't double dip, at least not that I can recall.  But I wonder if this may end up being an exception?  Maybe they could retool it to be dirty instead of clean?  They have done this with the biker scout in a box set with the speeder bike, so why not the snowtrooper? 

The price they are asking is pretty reasonable for the box, around $60 CAD but of course we'll not see them on ebay for that price.  I think they got burned a bit by the last box set that ended up clearing and can now be had for cheap.  The market for these is still limited and that's the beauty of the line to me, not everyone has one or army builds with them.  If that had been another TRU box, army building might have been possible, but as a mail away, probably not. 

As for the end of the line?  I'm not sure, I think it depends on how much of the vintage line is left.  Seeing that Droids 3PO in there gives me hope for more droids figures yet down the road.  While I may not necessarily want them, there's still lots of Ewoks from ROTJ and the series to do as well.  No Jabba yet either and still plenty of vague characters from the vinty line remain.  Plus they can always either venture into figures not released in the vintage line (boo, to a degree) or go into the prequels (bigger boo). 

The company has enough product out there that star wars is only one line of theirs.  A larger line, but still only the exclusives plus two series with 7-9 figures per year.  I think it still has some life.  They aren't totally dependent upon star wars is my point I guess as there are other lines with more figures in them in total. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2006, 03:54 PM »
That box set is awesome...all 5 are more than welcome additions!  Plus it knocks 3 more figures off the vintage list.  Hoepfully we'll see 3 more knocked off real soon (this guy is hoping for Amanaman, Hammerhead and Squidhead)

Which now stands at 42 left:

Power Droid
Hammerhead
Bespin Guard (Black)
Bespin Guard (White)
FX-7
Leia Bespin
Hoth Rebel Soldier
Lobot
Ugnaught
Leia Hoth
Hoth Rebel Commander
AT-AT Commander
Luke Skywalker (Hoth)
R2-D2 Sensorscope
Cloud Car Pilot
C-3PO (Removable Limbs)
Bib Fortuna
Chief Chirpa
General Madine
Klatuu
Rebel Commando
Ree Yees
Squidhead
Weequay
8-D8
Klatuu Skiff
Nikto
AT-ST Driver
Pruneface
Rancor Keeper
Teebo
Lumat
R2 Pop-Up Saber
A-Wing Pilot
Imperial Dignitary
Amanaman
Barada
EV-9D9
Lando General
Romba
Warok
Yak Face

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2006, 06:30 PM »
Wow, so much for army building Snowtroopers.  I think this is a sign we're coming toward the end of the line, folks.
I don't know. I think this is just replacing the TRU 5 pack they have had for the last couple of years. Still lots of great figures they could do. Not to mention prequels as Scott just mentioned. I am disappointed that the Droids C-3PO isn't carded. That would have fit in with the other Droids figures. I guess the Shadow Stormtrooper will be the latest carded figure.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2006, 06:56 PM »
How much have carded figs been at past shows? The Shadow Trooper is listed pretty cheap, were they all like that?

I don`t think this is the end of the line either. Like I said over at KW, the fact that this set is coming out in 2007 looks like they have the rights to keep on making them. Too bad about the Snowtrooper though, would have been great to have a legion of those suckers!
Adam

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2006, 07:20 PM »
Just heard back from my friend in Japan (not Simon, my other friend there) and the box set is not limited in terms of the number of pieces but it is limited to one per person per mailing address I think.  As far as I can tell, I have this one wrapped up as of today, but it doesn't ship until spring(?).

The BHS is a lottery for the 1007 pieces available away from WCC.  Results of the lottery are announced to winning entrants in January. 

Simon can confirm or correct those details, I'm sure.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2006, 08:04 PM »
Holy crap!  :o  :o   :o   :o

What a great box set... sweet!  8)

Ah! Check out the feet on 2-1B, those look like the feet of the droids from the movie Silent Running.  :D

Man has Medicom come thru this year.  8)

Offline mondocoyote

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2006, 08:28 PM »
Just heard back from my friend in Japan (not Simon, my other friend there) and the box set is not limited in terms of the number of pieces but it is limited to one per person per mailing address I think.  As far as I can tell, I have this one wrapped up as of today, but it doesn't ship until spring(?).

The BHS is a lottery for the 1007 pieces available away from WCC.  Results of the lottery are announced to winning entrants in January. 

I think it also says you can order upto 59 sets, but only one per family. thats the dealers sorted then!
the same goes for the carded figure.  Medicoms releases at these things is normally 500pcs, then 1500ish by lottery later.  The main wave to hit ebay is right after the show right?   With double the carded toys available, that's going to be a lot of toys hitting ebay on the 3rd.   

Does that all make sense?

Offline mondocoyote

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2006, 08:31 PM »
oh... And I just open 3 master cases and there is only one secret this time, packed 24/96... its a wicket repaint. >:(  medicom have really let us down this time.

just kidding ;)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2006, 08:49 PM »

I think it also says you can order upto 59 sets, but only one per family. thats the dealers sorted then!
the same goes for the carded figure.  Medicoms releases at these things is normally 500pcs, then 1500ish by lottery later.  The main wave to hit ebay is right after the show right?   With double the carded toys available, that's going to be a lot of toys hitting ebay on the 3rd.   

Does that all make sense?

Still going to be the same amount of carded figs from WCC as usual.
1000 at the show, 1006 via mail, right?

Wicket repaint indeed!  :-\
Adam

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2006, 08:56 PM »
Alright, off to bed. I fully EXPECT to see some series 7 chase pics here when I wake up, hear me!
Adam

Offline mondocoyote

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2006, 09:00 PM »

Still going to be the same amount of carded figs from WCC as usual.
1000 at the show, 1006 via mail, right?

thats right, but I think that the majority of the toys that hit ebay will come from the show.  This year there are a lot more at the show, so I think there will be more on ebay.  I've been in the queues and the dealers just go round and round.

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2006, 01:27 AM »
From what I read on the Medicom site, the 5 pack is one per address. So multiple packs can be ordered if you have a friend or 2. That's the only limit. They did the same with the Saw and Spawn VCD figures and the Carded Luke along time ago.

A repainted Wicket!! Well, that would be the 2nd repaint if it is. I'm sure there will be at least one more out there. There is only usually 1 per 2 mastercases.